Surat Thani
✟15,917.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hello, my name is Valeri. I live in Thailand.

I was told about Christianity when I passed a church while I visited my cousin in the city, and I am curious now. It sounded very beautiful, but I could not ask many questions to the person who told me about it because I had to take a bus to return home soon.

I would like some help. I want a Bible of my own, so I can study, but I live in the countryside of my country, so there are no book stores for me to go to. The nearest one I know is many hours away. I also want one in English so nothing can be confused in translation. I know English-to-Thai translations can be very wrong because of mistakes, but even if I could find a book store, there are only Thai books there.

Can someone help me buy a Bible on the internet? I found a listing for a very lovely one that I think will impress my friends and family and make them take my new interest seriously, but I don't have enough money.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Valerie, welcome to the forum in Jesus name it is a great place to be for fellowship with other Christians,
You have the free Bible on line, but I also prefer a paper copy. I pray that the Lord will honour your request for a Bible. This is my favourite verse.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that all that believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Jesus is the answer, Jesus is the way, the son of our almighty God. :)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was told about Christianity when I passed a church while I visited my cousin in the city, and I am curious now. It sounded very beautiful, but I could not ask many questions to the person who told me about it because I had to take a bus to return home soon.

I would like some help. I want a Bible of my own, so I can study, but I live in the countryside of my country, so there are no book stores for me to go to. The nearest one I know is many hours away. I also want one in English so nothing can be confused in translation. I know English-to-Thai translations can be very wrong because of mistakes, but even if I could find a book store, there are only Thai books there.

Can someone help me buy a Bible on the internet? I found a listing for a very lovely one that I think will impress my friends and family and make them take my new interest seriously, but I don't have enough money.
Welcome! It is probably not wise to solicit money on the internet especially on a forum. If you go to a near by Christian church, they will give you a bible for free.
Blessings!

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Free online Bibles can be found at many sites. The ones I use most are biblegateway.com and blueletterbible.com. I see the former has two Thai translations, in addition to several dozen English. You can click the "Add Parallel" icon and arrange different versions in columns beside each other for comparison.

I don't know who ships to Thailand at reasonable cost. Here most people use Amazon.com or CBD.com. Amazon probably ships anywhere. And there must be close alternatives also.

You can also use a desktop program that has both the Bible and many study aids. I use the one at theWord.net, and it has Thai as well as many English. And there are smartphone apps elsewhere as well.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The New International version NIV and the New King James Versions NKJV are probably good versions for you.
The King James Version can be hard to understand for even native English speakers let alone foreigners.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the forum. If you wish to understand Christianity, I think it will be to your advantage to look at bibles in both English and Thai language. I found a missionary web page with an online bible in both languages:

Read the KJV Thai Bible and KJV English Bible Online.

The English bible is the King James version (KJV), the "standard" English bible for the last 400 years. It is universally acknowledged to be a good translation, although it is now difficult to read because of obsolete words. The Thai bible there is based on the KJV, so the two should be similar.

For other online bibles I suggest YouVersion, available online at bible.com or as an app for your smartphone. I see they have five Thai bibles and many English ones.

I hope you are able to contact a local church or the Thailand Bible Society who can help you choose the most appropriate and economical printed bible for you. I would recommend spending some time reading online bibles to help you choose the one you would prefer.

Upvote 0

Valeri

Jan 4, 2020
Surat Thani
✟15,917.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Welcome! It is probably not wise to solicit money on the internet especially on a forum. If you go to a near by Christian church, they will give you a bible for free.
Blessings!
I do not want money, just a book? I mean to ask for the book. Sorry, my English is not the best.
I live in the countryside very far from the cities. The only place to worship are Buddhist temples. Wow, I did not know a Christian church will give me a book! I will ask when I can visit my cousin again. Thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valeri

Jan 4, 2020
Surat Thani
✟15,917.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Free online Bibles can be found at many sites. The ones I use most are biblegateway.com and blueletterbible.com. I see the former has two Thai translations, in addition to several dozen English. You can click the "Add Parallel" icon and arrange different versions in columns beside each other for comparison.

I don't know who ships to Thailand at reasonable cost. Here most people use Amazon.com or CBD.com. Amazon probably ships anywhere. And there must be close alternatives also.

You can also use a desktop program that has both the Bible and many study aids. I use the one at theWord.net, and it has Thai as well as many English. And there are smartphone apps elsewhere as well.
Thank you! I will look for those :)

Upvote 0

Valeri

Jan 4, 2020
Surat Thani
✟15,917.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The New International version NIV and the New King James Versions NKJV are probably good versions for you.
The King James Version can be hard to understand for even native English speakers let alone foreigners.
Thank you! I will look for those. I did not know there are versions with difficult English.

Upvote 0

Valeri

Jan 4, 2020
Surat Thani
✟15,917.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to the forum. If you wish to understand Christianity, I think it will be to your advantage to look at bibles in both English and Thai language. I found a missionary web page with an online bible in both languages:

Read the KJV Thai Bible and KJV English Bible Online.

The English bible is the King James version (KJV), the "standard" English bible for the last 400 years. It is universally acknowledged to be a good translation, although it is now difficult to read because of obsolete words. The Thai bible there is based on the KJV, so the two should be similar.

For other online bibles I suggest YouVersion, available online at bible.com or as an app for your smartphone. I see they have five Thai bibles and many English ones.

I hope you are able to contact a local church or the Thailand Bible Society who can help you choose the most appropriate and economical printed bible for you. I would recommend spending some time reading online bibles to help you choose the one you would prefer.
Thank you! I will try to contact them. I will also look at the websites you suggested. :)

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Valeri,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hi.gif

e9f4768a1fa694b7c94c26c5e81e3366.gif

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, thank you! How do I send you private message?
You need at least 20 posts and 10 (i think) positive likes in order to start a PM conversation. But if someone else starts one with you, i believe you can reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way, the Bible was not originally in English. It was in Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek (New Testament). If you want it in Thai, it would be best to find a version translated into your language directly from the originals instead of going thru English. You already noted that translation errors show up. 2 translations means twice as many chances for errors. And there are NO English versions free from errors.

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is!!! "very beautiful". Welcome to CF(Christian Forums)!!!
I hope that you can find God, and become closer to him.

Upvote 0