Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I very much am one, but God mercifully made a way out for people who believe in Jesus and follow him. I don't follow him well at times, but God is faithful.
But believing in and of itself doesn't prove anything, many people believe in Jesus but how do they assume they're saved.

By believing that Jesus is true to his word, well who can't believe that.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How did you get from being an Atheist to Christian?

It was simple....God says “turn to me and I will turn to you.” This “turning” is repentance. God for no good reason on my part showed me I was living in the Fool’s Paradise that almost everybody lives in.....you know , the lie that says “well I ain’t perfect but i’M good enough to make it....i’m Doing the best I can”.....God will let me in,surely”. When I saw for the first time the wretched sinner that God saw me as who needed a Saviour (as you will see if God blesses you).....the rest pretty much followed naturally

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Fr Richard Rohr preached a sermon by the same name of your thread. You may want to look into it, @primarymay (it may surprise you).
If Jesus who you say is real enough can't convince me of himself. Then what is some bible thumping lacky going to do.

Strange how Jesus needs his own failible creatures to convince other failible creatures of his existence.

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It was simple....God says “turn to me and I will turn to you.” This “turning” is repentance. God for no good reason on my part showed me I was living in the Fool’s Paradise that almost everybody lives in.....you know , the lie that says “well I ain’t perfect but i’M good enough to make it....i’m Doing the best I can”.....God will let me in,surely”. When I saw for the first time the wretched sinner that God saw me as who needed a Saviour (as you will see if God blesses you).....the rest pretty much followed naturally
What is he saving you from? Sin or hell?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Strange how Jesus needs his own failible creatures to convince other failible creatures of his existence.
Well.....I only posted that b/c Rohr's teaching is contrary to what you've probably heard (unfortunately I can't elaborate here).

God doesn't *need* creatures to convince others of His existence. His qualities and power are seen in His workmanship....His creation (you may be better off looking to nature....not people ;) ).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well.....I only posted that b/c Rohr's teaching is contrary to what you've probably heard (unfortunately I can't elaborate here).

God doesn't *need* creatures to convince others of His existence. His qualities and power are seen in His workmanship....His creation.
The J particle is real I tell you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The J particle is real I tell you.
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order"~ Carl Yung

Personally.....I can't believe this just happened by chance:

3e51fedb42d9f0e4c8aef457ad005a5c.jpg

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order"~ Carl Yung

Personally.....I can't believe this just happened by chance:

3e51fedb42d9f0e4c8aef457ad005a5c.jpg
How do you connect order with the God of the bible, he says nothing about the design of the universe he allegedly created.

Well there's some vague verses that makes you think that he is connected, but nothing in the way of embellishing the specifications of what he designed.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How do you connect order with the God of the bible, he says nothing about the design of the universe he allegedly created.

Well there's some vague verses that makes you think that he is connected, but nothing in the way of embellishing the specifications of what he designed.
I'm not basing that on the Bible. You'd posted about "God needing creatures to convince others of His existence" and I'd said He doesn't need people (there's nature....His creation). To me.....there's much in nature that declares His existence.

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not basing that on the Bible. You'd posted about "God needing creatures to convince others of His existence" and I'd said He doesn't need people (there's nature....His creation). To me.....there's much in nature that declares His existence.
Well unless the bible points out the specifics of said created universe, then what do you have to base your opinion on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well unless the bible points out the specifics of said created universe, then what do you have to base your opinion on.
Wouldn't that be relying on people (what you seemed to be opposed to....or perceiving that as diminishing God's power)? I would think you'd consider that circular reasoning...?

I do believe that God is the only one uniquely qualified to "speak to you" and convince you of His existence (so I'm not going to even TRY). I do have hope that eventually He will convince you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But believing in and of itself doesn't prove anything, many people believe in Jesus but how do they assume they're saved.

By believing that Jesus is true to his word, well who can't believe that.
I take the Lord at his word. That's faith.

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I take the Lord at his word. That's faith.
Is faith to blindly accept things without critical thinking, because that's what you are selling me here.

If not, then allow me the right to stand on my critical analysis. But dont just say "Don't lean on your own understanding" because if that were the case, then no one could use there own reason to decide if Jesus was true.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ask yourself this question:

"Would you want anyone to go to hell"

If hell was a real place of unending anguish, would you want them to be there.

Could you stand your children there
Could you stand your family there.
Could you stand your friends there.
Could you stand your enemies there.

And what if you end up in this place, is it fair to be there?

Do you watch zombie movies. Why do people have to kill each and every zombie in order to save a fellow human? Do they kill their own sons when they are turned zombies?

The point here is, you don't know your own future, nor does everyone. So you don't need to assume that you are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Only God knows everyone's future to tell when one will turn to a "zombie".

Another point is, you are trying to leverage the sympathy for children. Yet it's said that there's no children in hell. Children are not up to the point for the judgment to fall upon them.

Upvote 0