W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So are you looking for a way out of a place your God created..
Im already out. I simply walk by faith not sight. God came to restore mankind from His fallen state. If only mankind would follow Him, there would be peace, joy, and love.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 13 is the meaning/definition of love right? So if hell was real, it would dismiss the premise laid out there.
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Im not blind, God's Spirit gives me sight. I was blind but now i see. I see Gods mercy and love, and i see purpose for my life. In the Lord i am complete.
The Mormons and the JW's say the same thing, that doesn't preclude that they are seeing by some other worldly process. What it does preclude is that faith is synonymous with personal revelation, that anyone can claim divine authority by experience alone.

This should not be, solely because faith based analysis of any spiritual concept can not be proven nor disproved. Who is anyone to say that the JW' s experience isn't the correct one.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Mormons and the JW's say the same thing, that doesn't preclude that they are seeing by some other worldly process. What it does preclude is that faith is synonymous with personal revelation, that anyone can claim divine authority by experience alone.

This should not be, solely because faith based analysis of any spiritual concept can not be proven nor disproved. Who is anyone to say that the JW' s experience isn't the correct one.
I know nothing of JW. I follow the scriptures and don't judge anyone's salvation. I hope and pray for all people to be saved.

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I know nothing of JW. I follow the scriptures and don't judge anyone's salvation. I hope and pray for all people to be saved.
JW's believe that they follow the bible too, how does one resolve this dilemma. If faith is the only requirement for accessing spiritual truth, then every religion based on faith based beliefs are correct.

I mean how else can you substantiate one religious truth from another, if you don't need facts.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JW's believe that they follow the bible too, how does one resolve this dilemma. If faith is the only requirement for accessing spiritual truth, then every religion based on faith based beliefs are correct.

I mean how else can you substantiate one religious truth from another, if you don't need facts.
I rejoice in the Word. The Gospel. I haven't heard any good news from other religions. God promises me love and eternal life, and its because of that love that i believe. Inwardly hope and love fill the void in my soul, and i rejoice. My heart is changed as well, and i rejoice that God has changed my heart. Jesus is the way, truth, and life.

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I rejoice in the Word. The Gospel. I haven't heard any good news from other religions. God promises me love and eternal life, and its because of that love that i believe. Inwardly hope and love fill the void in my soul, and i rejoice. My heart is changed as well, and i rejoice that God has changed my heart. Jesus is the way, truth, and life.
I have moments I feel loved by my only daughter, completely subjective, experiential and based on faith.

Your feelings betray you friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The good thing about being born again is that this life is all the hell I will ever experience. The bad thing about not being born again is this life is all the heaven you will ever experience.

"Heaven isn't for good people; it's for forgiven people." - Greg Laurie

The good thing about being born again is that this life is all the hell I will ever experience. The bad thing about not being born again is this life is all the heaven you will ever experience.

"Heaven isn't for good people; it's for forgiven people." - Greg Laurie

LOVE that quote!

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If the axe was permanently at your head, wouldn't you make nice.
If that's a "yes," then belief in Hell has objectively done a lot of good in the world (however short it falls of the message of the Gospel).

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If that's a "yes," then belief in Hell has objectively done a lot of good in the world (however short it falls of the message of the Gospel).
How do you suppose you are not a candidate for hell, you only have faith that you're going to heaven. So you can't prove to anyone you are saved, because you only believe you're saved.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do you suppose you are not a candidate for hell, you only have faith that you're going to heaven. So you can't prove to anyone you are saved, because you only believe you're saved.
I very much am one, but God mercifully made a way out for people who believe in Jesus and follow him. I don't follow him well at times, but God is faithful.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have moments I feel loved by my only daughter, completely subjective, experiential and based on faith.

Your feelings betray you friend.

Does your daughter know you are gambling with her soul?
I used to be an atheist...I know both sides....you are spiritually blind and have no idea how wrong you are I pray for you as somebody surely prayed for me.I will also pray for your poor daughter

Upvote 0

primarymay

Nov 5, 2017
Brisbane
✟11,914.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Does your daughter know you are gambling with her soul?
I used to be an atheist...I know both sides....you are spiritually blind and have no idea how wrong you are I pray for you as somebody surely prayed for me.I will also pray for your poor daughter
How did you get from being an Atheist to Christian?

Upvote 0