Hebrews Sabbath rest, how do you read it?

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the NEW COVENANT...

GALATIANS 3:28-29
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.[29], And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Amen here! We're one in Christ Jesus, not Israel. We're not heirs of Israel, but of Abraham according to the promise given him.
ROMANS 2:28-29
[28]For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: [29], But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
This isn't about gentiles becoming Jews.
COLOSSIANS 3:11
Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Amen again! Christ is all!

SIN?

JAMES 2:10-11
[10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law.
Gal 5 makes the point if you do any of the law, you're required to do all the law. I think that's the same point James is trying to convey here. If you offend in one point, you offend all.
ROMANS 3:20
[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Yes and it doesn't say one can be justified by the law. But that's exactly what you claim by saying violation of the law is unrighteousness.
ROMANS 7:7, What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet.
Yes and it's that law Paul refers to in verse 6 and says that same law kills him. Paul calls it the law of sin and death. He also says it's the ministration of death.
1 JOHN 3:4 Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Do you mean here sin is only transgression of the law? If so how can sin be before the law? Rom 5:13. Aren't you ignoring a four letter word in your quoted text "also?"

Sorry brother seems God's WORD disagrees with you.
Where?
God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)
What commandments is tradition leading men to break? It has to be more than one as you indicate with a plural form.
There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?
This has been presented to you time and again to no avail. Is it really because you're plying a legalism requiring a statement thou shalt not keep the sabbath?
In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Hope this helps
What a hoot - God winking at sin. Read the chapter instead of using the Bible as a quote source.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that is not true brother do you respond to all the posts and scriptures in them sent as a help that disagree with you or do you ignore them? Happy to provide some links if you like just say so. This post you have provided here is also a good example of you ignoring the scriptures posted and not addressing the post and scriptures in them that disagree with you. Need we say more?

Not really brother. God's WORD is the Gospel. That is all I have provided to you. It is God's WORD not mine and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. No one has God's Spirit while breaking his commandments *ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19 or do they know him *1 JOHN 2:3-4.
What you're clearly saying here is no one is a Christian that doesn't follow a covenant in which they're not a participant. Why this addition to our covenant of grace? Paul says one can't participate in both covenants.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If one does not know God's WORD how can they know what the gospel is when the Word of God is the gospel? *ROMANS 10:17
Both of us have most likely forgot more Scripture than you've read.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many are called but few are chosen. Many will be dissappointed come judgment day *MATTHEW 7:12-23. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed.

JAMES 2:10-11
[10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
[11], For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.
You must be a site traffic generator. You don't quote and pick apart our verses. I've posted something like "No because...." about your statements about verses. Simply quoting a passage without an explanation is a personal statement. Those passages are personal statements about your doctrine intending a specific meaning. They're often out of context making them misquotes to say something they don't.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You must be a site traffic generator. You don't quote and pick apart our verses. I've posted something like "No because...." about your statements about verses. Simply quoting a passage without an explanation is a personal statement. Those passages are personal statements about your doctrine intending a specific meaning. They're often out of context making them misquotes to say something they don't.

Sorry brother your post has no truth in it. Your posts have been responded to section by section and scripture by scripture showing that God's WORD disagrees with you. You post your own Words over God's WORD. I post God's WORD. Who should we believe you of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it. Most of the posts and the scriptures provided here you choose to either ignore, not respond to or give your opinion on which is not God's WORD. When shown your replies are not in agreement with the scriptures you seek to change the subject. You are free to believe as you wish. There is nothing hidden brother that shall not be revealed. We all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Amen here! We're one in Christ Jesus, not Israel. We're not heirs of Israel, but of Abraham according to the promise given him.This isn't about gentiles becoming Jews.Amen again! Christ is all!Gal 5 makes the point if you do any of the law, you're required to do all the law. I think that's the same point James is trying to convey here. If you offend in one point, you offend all.Yes and it doesn't say one can be justified by the law. But that's exactly what you claim by saying violation of the law is unrighteousness.Yes and it's that law Paul refers to in verse 6 and says that same law kills him. Paul calls it the law of sin and death. He also says it's the ministration of death.Do you mean here sin is only transgression of the law? If so how can sin be before the law? Rom 5:13. Aren't you ignoring a four letter word in your quoted text "also?"Where?What commandments is tradition leading men to break? It has to be more than one as you indicate with a plural form.This has been presented to you time and again to no avail. Is it really because you're plying a legalism requiring a statement thou shalt not keep the sabbath?What a hoot - God winking at sin. Read the chapter instead of using the Bible as a quote source.

I see your trying to argue against the scriptures when only God's WORD is provided trying to say the scriptures do not mean what they are saying. Yet these are God's WORD not mine. Your argument brother is with God not me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Those who come to Jesus answer to Him and not the law.

Your post has nothing to do with the post you are responding to or does it address the scriptures that show that those who continue in known unrepentant sin you have not come to JESUS. Those who come to JESUS are not living a life of known UNREPENTANT SIN. 1 JOHN 2:3-4; HEBREWS 10:26-27; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; JOHN 14:15. Those who live a life of known unrepentant sin reject the gift of God's dear son and will not enter the kingdom of heaven *ROMANS 6:23

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
By far one of the best posts I've read here at CF. Especially loved the enlightened emphasis.

Of course it is. Your walking the same path but God's WORD says many are called but few are chosen. There will be many that will be disappointed come judgment day. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Jesus says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not ignoring them to you means taking your view point and following your chosen parts and interpretation of the law. For us that would require ignoring the verses we post and you don't like. If you say you like our verses, please at least comment on them.

Not really brother ignoring in this case and your own means not responding to the posts and scriptures in them that disagree with your teachings and pretending these scripture shared with you do not exist. JOHN however summarises much of what is being discussed here in 1 JOHN 2:3-4. Ignoring God's WORD does not make them dissappear.

You should've seen Jn 1:17 posted above. Would love to read your idea about the verse.

No problem. God's LAWS (both eternal and Shadows) leads to Christ *GALATIANS 3:22-25

Question for you - if we're not obligated to the covenant given to Israel (deut 4:13), how can we transgress it? Isn't that what you're saying we're in violation of?

We sould not be discussing the same thing. You do not know what the OLD COVENANT is. You think the OLD COVENANT is only God's 10 Commandments as shown in DEUTERONOMY 4:13, Yet God's WORD says that the OLD COVENANT was made up collectively of both God's 10 Commandments and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. You mix up God's SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT points to?

As shown through the scriptures in an earlier post you ignored God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

It is God's WORD not mine that says all those who knowingly continue to break any of God's Commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; ROMANS 3:20.

This has nothing to do with the subject of the thread or this part of the forum.

Of course it does God's LAW gives us the knowledge of what sin is if broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. If we break ANY one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11.

Exactly what sin(s) do you tink we're trying to cover?

God's WORD says to all of us in JOHN 3:19-21 [19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20], For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. What do you think these scriptures mean?

Nice quote. My problem is I can't relate your comments to it. Your words are divided against themselves and don't agree with your quote. Of course you'll claim the opposite, instead of looking at them very closely.

All I am hearing are your words in response to God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that seek to break the commandments of God.

If you believe Mat 4:4 applies only to the law and not all the NT as well, it's clear you don't believe what is called Scripture. All Scripture is from the mouth of God, because He inspired it. The testimony of one author doesn't invalidate the testimony of another. Now why doesn't the NT completely agree with the OT? Who instituted the differences? Isn't it God? Jeremiah says it is.

Where have I ever said MATTHEW 4:4 applies only to the law? Your making claims no one has ever said to you. Only God's WORD is true and we are to live by EVERY WORD of it. Your confused of the roles of the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures. In the days of JESUS and the APOSTLES their bible was the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. EVERYTHING we have in the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. Together these are the two great witnesses that witness to the LIVING WORD of GOD *JOHN 1:1-4; 14.

You also keep making this claim and refuse to clearly identify what we don't know or understand. Why? I think it's because you can't.

Arr but I have and again you choose to ignore the scriptures provided to you, neither do you respond to these scriptures because you have no response to them. I will post on the OLD COVENANT again in another post and hope to see your response.

Hope this helps

May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What you write here seems to say sin all you want. All we have to do is repent (mouth I'm sorry) and continue as though nothing ever happened. People talk about cheap grace and promote worthless feeble law that can effectively do nothing. Jesus doesn't redeem (save) us from the law only to return us to it.

The post and the scriptures in them you are responding to say no such thing

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't it you that posted fulfilling is doing?

No it was God's WORD *ROMANS 13:8-10

How is it you then imply it's keeping the commandments of Jesus? Don't you believe Jesus gave them? Does Scripture agree with you? Jn 1:17; Gal 3:17, 19.Is the Gospel of John the Word of God?Do you have a particular sin in mind? If not what are you going on and on about?

I do not imply anything. You are provided God's WORD and it disagrees with you. The Commandments of JESUS are LOVE expressed through God'd LAW *MATTHEW 22:36-40. If you break God's LAW you do not have LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW through faith in God's WORD to save you from your sins *ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 3:20. Yes brother it is God's WORD and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Jesus says those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Oh, I see, you're talking about the 4th commandment of the famous 10.

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

There's just to many great verses.

Our righteousness is not from God's Law so why post scriptures that are not relevant to the post you are responding to? You just ignored the post adressed to you and the scriptures in them showing that God's LAW gives the knowledge of what sin is and those who continue in known sin will not enter into God's Kingdon. God's WORD teaches that the wages of continuing in known unrepentant sin is death *ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27. God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD AND EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. IF we knowingly break ANY one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11. If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27) Those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into the kingdom of Heaven *MATTHEW 7:13-23. Your post does not address these scriptures and they disagree with you.

Where do I promote lawlessness (wicked behavior)?

If your promoting we are saved to continue a life on known unrepentant sin you are promoting lawlessness. SIN is breaking anyone of God's Commandments. If we break any one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11. God's WORD teaches that those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into the kingdom of Heaven *HEBREWS 10:26-27. God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

I do promote we're now delivered from the law as Paul says. I also promote what Luke says in that the law and prophets were meaning they no longer have authority to rule.

You are confused we are delievered from the penalty of the law and sin (death). God's LAW only gives us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is if it is broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7.

Also of worthy note is that I fully believe the words of John saying the law came by Moses; grace and truth came by Jesus. So who you going to follow?

JESUS is the WORD of GOD. He does not separate law from grace. God's LAW brings us to grace found in JESUS and is the mirror that leads us to the cross where we can find JESUS. You are confused in your application of God's WORD.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What you're clearly saying here is no one is a Christian that doesn't follow a covenant in which they're not a participant. Why this addition to our covenant of grace? Paul says one can't participate in both covenants.

Not at all. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT points to? The OLD COVENANT is not like the NEW.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Confused about what? A requirement to keep a covenant that has been replaced? Some time ago the speed limit on our big divided 4 lane highways here was 55 MPH. The speed limit has been change to 65 to 80 on the same roads. Am I guilty of violating the older limit by doing the new limit? No.

THE OLD COVENANT.

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT points to? Your problem as shown through ther scriptures is that you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is. You mix up God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD AND EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 with the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant *EXODUS 24:7.

Here let's clarify what the OLD COVENANT is again one more time.

The OLD COVENANT was made up of God's 10 Commandments *DEUTERONOMY 4:13 and the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. God's 10 Commandments were spoken *EXODUS 20:1-19 and written by GOD alone *EXODUS 32:16 and the book of the Covenant was written *DEUTERONOMY 31:24 and spoken by MOSES *EXODUS 24:4-7 alone (under God's guidence).

TOGETHER both God's eternal law (10 commadments) written on stone and the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant are the OLD COVENANT. They were both SEPARATED and housed in the ARK OF THE COVENANT. God's LAW was placed inside the ARK of the COVENANT *DEUTERONOMY 10:5 while the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT was placed in the side of the ARK of the COVENANT *DEUTERONOMY 31:26

DEUTERONOMY 10:5 [5] And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they are, as the LORD commanded me.

Yep there is the 10 Commandments housed in the ARK of the COVENANT.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

EXODUS 24:7 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

So in summary here it is both the God's eternal law (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of sin and the shadow laws from the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant that made up the OLD COVENANT.

The NEW COVENANT is not like the OLD COVENANT. We no longer do animal sacrifices and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW are fulfilled in Christ and his mimistration as our great sacrifice and high Priest who ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary made without hande.

You mix up the shadow laws from that MOSAIC book of the covenant *EXODUS 24:7 brother with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 that show us we are all sinners and lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven by faith *GALATIANS 3:22-25 to be free from our sins to walk in his Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16.

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

The NEW COVENANT is not the same as the OLD COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12, we no longer need to follow the Shadow LAWS from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT that all pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

Back to HEBREWS 8. The NEW COVENANT is not like the OLD COVENANT brother all the Shadow laws from the MOAIC BOOK that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT are fulfilled in the NEW. The OLD has passed away. No more animal sacrifices and sin offerings, new Prieshood with JESUS as our great sacrifice and Great high priest ministering on our behalf in the heavenly sanctuary made without hands.

God's LAW written on stone leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven by Faith and free to walk in his Spirit *GALATIANS 3:22-25; GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 8:1-4. Faith the works by LOVE fulfills the NEW COVENANT promise of HEBREWS 8:10-12 of God's LAW written on the heart through LOVE *ROMANS 13:8-10.

Yep the OLD COVENANT is not like the NEW *HEBREWS 8:8-9. No more shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 pointing to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

More scriptures on God's eternal law and the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT being the OLD COVENANT?

THE OLD COVENANT

EXODUS 34 [28] And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

and what you have left out ...

EXODUS 24 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the hearing of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] TAKE THIS BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the side of the ark of the COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUTERONOMY 29:21 [21] And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, ACCORDING TO ALL THE CURSES OF THE COVENANT that are WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW.

EXODUS 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23:2 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2 KINGS 23 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

2 CHRONICLES 34:30 [30], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT that was found in the house of the LORD.

2 CHRONICLES 34:32 [31] And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK.

yep its not just the 10 Commandments...

HEBREWS 9:1 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

EPHESIANS 2:15 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby

EZEKIEL 46:14 [14] And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a MEAT OFFERING continually by a perpetual ORDINANCE unto the LORD.

NUMBERS 19:2 [2] This is the ORDINANCE OF THE LAW which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:

HEBREWS 10:1 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. [3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.

What laws are written on the heart in the NEW COVENANT promise? It is not the MOSAIC laws for remission of sin...

JEREMIAH 31:31-34 [31], Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[32], NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt ; MY COVENANT WHICH THEY BROKE, although I was a husband unto them, says the LORD:[33], But THIS SHALL BE MY COVENANT THAT I SHALL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISREAL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND I WILL WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE; [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

2 CORINTHIANS 3:2 [2], You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [3], Since you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, WRITTEN NOT WITH INK, BUT WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD; NOT IN TABLES OF STONE, BUT IN THE FLESHLY TABLES OF THE HEART. (see all of 2 COR 3)

The NEW COVENANT promise of LOVE is God's LAW (10 Commandments) written on the heart to LOVE through faith (ROMANS 13:8-10)

……………………………

CONCLUSION; Jesus did not come to change or destroy GOD'S LAW (10 Commandments). It is through GOD's LAW that we have a KNOLWEDGE of what SIN is. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law and to END the Mosaic law for remission of SIN and the penalty of SIN in those who BELIEVE

Yep it is the SHADOW laws that are fulfilled in Christ. The OLD COVENANT is made up of God's 10 Commandments and the Shadow laws in ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you and there is a lot of it. You have your shadow laws mixed up with God's eternal LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what sin is if broken. * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:11; 1 JOHN 3:4

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If i understand you correctly, i would disagree. I read it differently. I read it as saying we rest from our evil works everyday, not just one day a week, and thats how we fulfill Gods Sabbath.. In essence the Sabbath is fulfilled in those who walk in the Spirit. Just as the Lord has said. "Come unto me all who are weary, and i will give you REST for your souls."

"I read it as saying we rest from our evil works everyday, not just one day a week"

Hebrews 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

As God did ... The day God rested from His works He did on the 7th day of creation.

our evil works? Are our works evil?

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"I read it as saying we rest from our evil works everyday, not just one day a week"

Hebrews 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience.

As God did ... The day God rested from His works He did on the 7th day of creation.

our evil works? Are our works evil?
Thank you.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry brother your post has no truth in it. Your posts have been responded to section by section and scripture by scripture showing that God's WORD disagrees with you. You post your own Words over God's WORD. I post God's WORD. Who should we believe you of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it. Most of the posts and the scriptures provided here you choose to either ignore, not respond to or give your opinion on which is not God's WORD. When shown your replies are not in agreement with the scriptures you seek to change the subject. You are free to believe as you wish. There is nothing hidden brother that shall not be revealed. We all answer only to God come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.
Is Romans 7:6, 7 a lie? Yes or No.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This has nothing to do with knowing the fact that we can only know the Gospel through the Word of God *ROMANS 10:17.
I fully agree with your referenced verse from the New American Standard Version via link - 17 So belief [cometh] of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Please note it says nothing about hearing the law.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see your trying to argue against the scriptures when only God's WORD is provided trying to say the scriptures do not mean what they are saying. Yet these are God's WORD not mine. Your argument brother is with God not me.
The God's Word you're talking about is disenfranchised out of context quotes. When I quote verses you don't agree with, you simply ignore them.

A great example is your use of Mat 19. The complete story is avoided. When I point out the question is what must I do to have eternal life, you ignore it. When I ask why the man left sad when Jesus agreed with him, you ignore it. The fact is the OT says no one keeps the law. So my questions point this out as the stroy agrees with OT Scripture.

Upvote 0