Hebrews Sabbath rest, how do you read it?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The God's Word you're talking about is disenfranchised out of context quotes. When I quote verses you don't agree with, you simply ignore them.

A great example is your use of Mat 19. The complete story is avoided. When I point out the question is what must I do to have eternal life, you ignore it. When I ask why the man left sad when Jesus agreed with him, you ignore it. The fact is the OT says no one keeps the law. So my questions point this out as the stroy agrees with OT Scripture.

Sorry brother AOH, God's WORD disagrees with you. Do you disagree with the scriptures provided to you? Then prove your claims with God's WORD? All I hear is your own Word over God's WORD. Let me know when you want to share God's WORD.

I have not ignored anything from God's WORD or the questions asked of you. Everything is very obvious in the very scriptures quoted to you and did not need answering. Here take a look maybe you missed it.

MATTHEW 19:16-24
[16], And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

NOTE: The question to JESUS what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

[17], And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments.

NOTE: JESUS response is if you want to enter into life you have to keep the commandments

[18], He said to him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,
[19], Honor your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

NOTE: The commandments JESUS is referring to are the 10 Commandments *EXODUS 20.

[20], The young man said to him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

NOTE: The Rich ruler claims to have kept all the last six commandments of our duty of LOVE to our neighbore.

[21], Jesus said to him, If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

NOTE: Now note what JESUS says; "If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me". Why did JESUS ask this question?

[22], But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

NOTE: Why did the Rich young ruler go away sorrowful? Because he had great possessions. He put and loved his riches more then he loved God. Jesus was showing the rich young ruler that he loved his riches more than God, therefore breaking the first three commandments of the 10 commandments.

[23], Then said Jesus to his disciples, Truly I say to you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. [24], And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

NOTE: JESUS shows the disciples how hard it is for the rich you put their riches before God to enter into God's KINGDOM.

Yep pretty self explanitory don't you think? JESUS was showing the rich young rulers claim to keeping God's Commandments was false the rich young ruler knew what JESUS was talking about. That is why he went away sorrowful because he did not want to get rid of his riches that he was putting before God.

We need to be born again through faith in JESUS in order to be born again to walk with God in his Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16 because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God *ROMANS 3:19-31. Unless we are born again to love we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I fully agree with your referenced verse from the New American Standard Version via link - 17 So belief [cometh] of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Please note it says nothing about hearing the law.

Actually it does God's LAW is also God's WORD. Our faith and the fulfillment of God's promises come by BELIEVING God's WORD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None of the scriptures are a lie. Is 1 JOHN 2:3-4 a lie? Yes of No
No it isn't a lie. The problem is you read into it what's not there and get upset when I don't.

Now please respond to what I posted.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry brother AOH, God's WORD disagrees with you. Do you disagree with the scriptures provided to you? Then prove your claims with God's WORD? All I hear is your own Word over God's WORD. Let me know when you want to share God's WORD.

I have not ignored anything from God's WORD or the questions asked of you. Everything is very obvious in the very scriptures quoted to you and did not need answering. Here take a look maybe you missed it.

MATTHEW 19:16-24
[16], And, behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

NOTE: The question to JESUS what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

[17], And he said to him, Why call you me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the commandments.

NOTE: JESUS response is if you want to enter into life you have to keep the commandments

[18], He said to him, Which? Jesus said, You shall do no murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,
[19], Honor your father and your mother: and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

NOTE: The commandments JESUS is referring to are the 10 Commandments *EXODUS 20.

[20], The young man said to him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

NOTE: The Rich ruler claims to have kept all the last six commandments of our duty of LOVE to our neighbore.

[21], Jesus said to him, If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

NOTE: Now note what JESUS says; "If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me". Why did JESUS ask this question?

[22], But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

NOTE: Why did the Rich young ruler go away sorrowful? Because he had great possessions. He put and loved his riches more then he loved God. Jesus was showing the rich young ruler that he loved his riches more than God, therefore breaking the first three commandments of the 10 commandments.

[23], Then said Jesus to his disciples, Truly I say to you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. [24], And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

NOTE: JESUS shows the disciples how hard it is for the rich you put their riches before God to enter into God's KINGDOM.

Yep pretty self explanitory don't you think? JESUS was showing the rich young rulers claim to keeping God's Commandments was false the rich young ruler knew what JESUS was talking about. That is why he went away sorrowful because he did not want to get rid of his riches that he was putting before God.

We need to be born again through faith in JESUS in order to be born again to walk with God in his Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16 because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God *ROMANS 3:19-31. Unless we are born again to love we will not enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Hope this helps
I already debunked this with no one keeps the law from Psalms. You keep implying you do. I believe you're unwilling to discuss the fact you don't even keep what you harp on.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I already debunked this with no one keeps the law from Psalms. You keep implying you do. I believe you're unwilling to discuss the fact you don't even keep what you harp on.

Arr no you did not at all. You just simply denied God's WORD neither did you respond to all the scriptures that disagreed with you sent only as a help to you. I will leave that between you and God as we all only answer to God come judgment day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No it isn't a lie. The problem is you read into it what's not there and get upset when I don't.

Now please respond to what I posted.

Why will you read it and respond to it? Alright here you go...

Let's have a look at the scriptures and why it is 1 JOHN 2:3-4 is talking about the 10 commandments. The CONTEXT is the first two verses which say...

1 JOHN 2:1-2
[1], My little children, THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOTE: The CONTEXT and reson why JOHN is writting this epistle is what? v1 THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. It goes on to say if any man sin we have an advocate with the father. This leads us into v3-4

[3], And HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
[4], HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM .

NOTE: So the reason for JOHN'S epistle is that THAT WE SIN NOT v1. Then in v3-4 it says
HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.
Now notice carefully what Commandments in God's WORD are associated with sin if broken or another way of asking the same question would be what is sin because the reason why JOHN is writting his epistle is that we sin not.

WHAT IS SIN

JAMES 2:8-12
[8], If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well: [9], But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

Yep, James is pretty clear if we brake ANY of God's Law (10 commandments) then we are a TRANSGRESSOR of God's LAW and commit SIN. James quotes two of the 10 Commandments that are summed up in the 2nd great commandments of LOVE to our neighbor in v11

links to...........

1 JOHN 3:4 [4] Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.

John is saying the same thing as James and states that if we TRANSGRESS God's LAW then we commit SIN because SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW. So it is very clear that SIN is breaking ANY of God's LAW (10 commandments). We will look at the chapter context shortly which give the example in v15 of MURDER God's 6th Command of the 10.

Links to...........

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Well here we have Paul in agreement with James and John also telling us that SIN is breaking God's commandments and uses the 10th commandment as an example of breaking any of God's LAW (10 commandments) = SIN (Exodus 20:17)

Links to...

ROMANS 3:20 [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

Context is v9; both Jew and Greek ALL under SIN, v10 None are righteous no not one, v11 None seek after God, v12 All have gone out of the way, there is none that does good [χρηστότης means MORAL excellence]. v13-18 Peace they have not known, destruction is in their way; they do not fear God. Now the CONTEXT is there is none that do GOOD which is in reference to χρηστότης MORAL excellence. Now let's look at v19-20

ROMANS 3:19-21
[19] Now we know that whatsoever things the law says, it says to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Context is no one does good χρηστότης MORAL excellence. God's LAW (10 Commandments) are the standard of RIGHTEOUSNESS.

PSALMS 119:172 [172], My tongue shall speak of your word: for all your commandments are righteousness [צדק; tsedeq means; the right natural, moral or legal; also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity: - X even, (X that which is altogether) just (-ice), ([un-]) right (-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness)].

RIGHTEOUSNESS צדק; tsedeq in God's LAW is the standard of χρηστότης; MORAL excellence

The CONTEXT then is doing GOOD in reference to God's LAW (10 Commandments) v19 that is defines SIN and makes all the world guilty before GOD.

[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

No one is justified by God's LAW which is the standard of RIGHTEOUSNESS [Moral excellence and Good] because if broken it gives us a KNOWLEDGE of sin. Already defined in James as breaking any of God's 10 Commandments.

[21], But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

God's LAW is the standard of RIGHTOEUSNESS (Psalms 119:172) MORAL EXCELLENCE standard of what is GOOD. The RIGHTOUENESS of GOD outside of the LAW being witnessed by the LAW and the prophets v22 which is by FAITH in Christ; WHY? v23 because ALL HAVE SINNED broken God's LAW. v24-28 we are only made righteous by faith in Christ without the deeds of the law. v31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

CONCLUSION: PAUL, JAMES and JOHN all agree together that if we break any of God's LAW (10 commandments) we commit SIN. All three use example of breaking the 10 Commandments as what defines sin. The CONTEXT of 1 JOHN 2:3-4 tells us that the reason for JOHNS epistle in v1 is THAT WE SIN NOT. God's WORD defines SIN as BREAKING any of God's 10 Commandments. Therefore brother with CONTEXT added back in the commandments JOHN is referring to that we SIN (breaking God's 10 commandments) is the 10 Commandments.

Hope this helps.

PS. Which ever way you want to spin it, if you want to say it's love or believing in Jesus I can still show you that everything leads back OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments through faith in God's WORD. If your interested just ask me to show you the scriptures.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why will you read it and respond to it? Alright here you go...

Let's have a look at the scriptures and why it is 1 JOHN 2:3-4 is talking about the 10 commandments. The CONTEXT is the first two verses which say...

1 JOHN 2:1-2
[1], My little children, THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOTE: The CONTEXT and reson why JOHN is writting this epistle is what? v1 THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. It goes on to say if any man sin we have an advocate with the father. This leads us into v3-4

[3], And HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
Wait a minute here. If we know Who? God the Father or Jesus the Son? Our advocate is Jesus in verse 1. Verse 2 is still talking about Jesus. Why isn't verse 3 talking about Jesus? And Whose commandments are you talking about here? I know that you claim Jesus issued the famous 10, but Luke 16:16; John 1:17 and Gal 3:19say otherwise. Jesus said He kept His Father's commandments and instructed us to keep the commandments He (Jesus) gave.
[4], HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM .
John is speaking of the commandments of Jesus. John no where instructs anyone to keep the law. So is Romans fully inspired Scripture? Romans says we are now delivered from the law (famous 10) quoting from the stone tablets in his next verse. What indicates different laws from one verse to the next? What law does Romans 3:31 talk about? Don't you use it to mean the famous 10?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wait a minute here. If we know Who? God the Father or Jesus the Son? Our advocate is Jesus in verse 1. Verse 2 is still talking about Jesus. Why isn't verse 3 talking about Jesus? And Whose commandments are you talking about here? I know that you claim Jesus issued the famous 10, but Luke 16:16; John 1:17 and Gal 3:19 say otherwise. Jesus said He kept His Father's commandments and instructed us to keep the commandments He (Jesus) gave.

Of course it is JESUS and he is the creator of Heaven and Earth. No the scriptures you quote are out of cotext as shown in earlier posts to you. JESUS COMMANDMENTS and the FATHERS are one *JOHN 10:30. This is why JESUS ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS (LOVE to GOD and LOVE to MAN) HANG ALL THE LAW and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40

John is speaking of the commandments of Jesus. John no where instructs anyone to keep the law. So is Romans fully inspired Scripture? Romans says we are now delivered from the law (famous 10) quoting from the stone tablets in his next verse. What indicates different laws from one verse to the next? What law does Romans 3:31 talk about? Don't you use it to mean the famous 10?

As shown earlier not at all. The CONTEXT of 1 JOHN 2:3-4 is that we SIN not v1. Sin is the transgression of God's LAW (10 commandments) *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; ROMANS 3:20.

Of course ROMANS 3:31 is talking about God's 10 commandments in fulfillment of the NEW COVENANT promise of JEREMIAH 31:31-34; EZEKIEL 36:26-27; HEBREWS 8:10-12; JOHN 8:31-36; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; ROMANS 13:8-10.

The CONTEXT of ROMANS 3:31 is ROMANS 3:9-23 which is all have sinned (broken God's 10 commandments) with God's 10 commandments giving us the KNOWLEDGE of what sin is *ROMANS 3:19-20.

I suggest you read the chapter of ROMANS 3 and look at the CONTEXT you have left out.

Hope this helps.

May God help you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

liberty of conscience

created anew
Dec 3, 2018
Visistate
Visit site
✟12,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fully agree with your referenced verse from the New American Standard Version via link - 17 So belief [cometh] of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Please note it says nothing about hearing the law.

Rom 10:17 αρα η πιστις εξ ακοης η δε ακοη δια ρηματος θεου

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It doesn't say in the Greek TR, "christou", it clearly says, 'theou', which is a reference to the OT text (Genesis to Malachi, later on, Matthew to Revelation), "christou" is found in the forgery Sinaiticus and the perversion Vaticanus. - KJV Bible Vindicated

You ought to drop your 'Vatican' (Jesuit) translation:

... I must under God denounce every attachment to the New American Standard Version. I’m afraid I’m in trouble with the Lord…We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translator; I wrote the preface. When you see the preface to the New American Standard, those are my words…it’s wrong, it’s terribly wrong; it’s frightfully wrong…I’m in trouble;…I can no longer ignore these criticisms I am hearing and I can’t refute them. The deletions are absolutely frightening…there are so many. The finest leaders that we have today haven’t gone into it [new versions of Wescott and Hort’s corrupted Greek text] just as I hadn’t gone into it…that’s how easily one can be deceived…Are we so naive that we do not suspect Satanic deception in all of this?” – Frank Logsdon - NASB Committe Member turns KJV, denounces NASB - Preserved Word Ministries

"... Back in 1956-57 Mr. F. Dewey Lockman of the Lockman Foundation contacted me. He was one of the dearest friends we’ve ever had for 25 years, a big man, some 300 pounds, snow white hair, one of the most terrific businessmen I have ever met. I always said he was like Nehemiah; he was building a wall. You couldn’t get in his way when he had his mind on something; he went right to it; he couldn’t be daunted. I never saw anything like it; most unusual man. I spent weeks and weeks and weeks in their home, real close friends of the family. Well, he discovered that the copyright [on the American Standard Version of 1901] was just as loose as a fumbled ball on a football field. Nobody wanted it. The publishers didn’t want it. It didn’t get anywhere. Mr. Lockman got in touch with me and said, “Would you and Ann come out and spend some weeks with us, and we’ll work on a feasibility report; I can pick up the copyright to the 1901 if it seems advisable. “Well, up to that time I thought the Westcott and Hort was the text. You were intelligent if you believed the Westcott and Hort. Some of the finest people in the world believe in that Greek text, the finest leaders that we have today. You’d be surprised; if I told you you wouldn’t believe it. They haven’t gone into it just as I hadn’t gone into it; [they’re] just taking it for granted. At any rate we went out and started on a feasibility report, and I encouraged him to go ahead with it. I’m afraid I’m in trouble with the Lord, because I encouraged him to go ahead with it. We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped to interview some of the translators; I sat with the translators; I wrote the preface. When you see the preface to the New American Standard, those are my words. ..." - Frank Lodgson

"... Frank Logsdon was a major player in the development of the New American Standard Bible (NASB). He was a friend of Dewey Lockman, and was involved in a feasibility study involving purchasing the copyright of the American Standard Version (ASV) with Lockman that lead to the eventual production of the NASB. He interviewed some of the translators for the job, and even wrote the preface to the translation.

Slowly, he became aware that there was something wrong with the NASB. He eventually rejected it, and promoted the KJB. This was a major defection for the modern version crowd. ..." - NASB Committe Member turns KJV, denounces NASB - Preserved Word Ministries

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Arr no you did not at all. You just simply denied God's WORD neither did you respond to all the scriptures that disagreed with you sent only as a help to you. I will leave that between you and God as we all only answer to God come judgment day.
I did so here's the verse again - They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Doing good would be keeping the law.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rom 10:17 αρα η πιστις εξ ακοης η δε ακοη δια ρηματος θεου

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It doesn't say in the Greek TR, "christou", it clearly says, 'theou', which is a reference to the OT text (Genesis to Malachi, later on, Matthew to Revelation), "christou" is found in the forgery Sinaiticus and the perversion Vaticanus. - KJV Bible Vindicated
See the link referenced in my post. I agreed with that link. I didn't argue about it.
I don't do youtube.
You ought to drop your 'Vatican' (Jesuit) translation:
It wasn't my link. So jump on some one else.

... I must under God denounce every attachment to the New American Standard Version. I’m afraid I’m in trouble with the Lord…We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translator; I wrote the preface. When you see the preface to the New American Standard, those are my words…it’s wrong, it’s terribly wrong; it’s frightfully wrong…I’m in trouble;…I can no longer ignore these criticisms I am hearing and I can’t refute them. The deletions are absolutely frightening…there are so many. The finest leaders that we have today haven’t gone into it [new versions of Wescott and Hort’s corrupted Greek text] just as I hadn’t gone into it…that’s how easily one can be deceived…Are we so naive that we do not suspect Satanic deception in all of this?” – Frank Logsdon - NASB Committe Member turns KJV, denounces NASB - Preserved Word Ministries
I put aside the New American Standard years before the net. I also don't accept Wescott and Hort.
"... Back in 1956-57 Mr. F. Dewey Lockman of the Lockman Foundation contacted me. He was one of the dearest friends we’ve ever had for 25 years, a big man, some 300 pounds, snow white hair, one of the most terrific businessmen I have ever met. I always said he was like Nehemiah; he was building a wall. You couldn’t get in his way when he had his mind on something; he went right to it; he couldn’t be daunted. I never saw anything like it; most unusual man. I spent weeks and weeks and weeks in their home, real close friends of the family. Well, he discovered that the copyright [on the American Standard Version of 1901] was just as loose as a fumbled ball on a football field. Nobody wanted it. The publishers didn’t want it. It didn’t get anywhere. Mr. Lockman got in touch with me and said, “Would you and Ann come out and spend some weeks with us, and we’ll work on a feasibility report; I can pick up the copyright to the 1901 if it seems advisable. “Well, up to that time I thought the Westcott and Hort was the text. You were intelligent if you believed the Westcott and Hort. Some of the finest people in the world believe in that Greek text, the finest leaders that we have today. You’d be surprised; if I told you you wouldn’t believe it. They haven’t gone into it just as I hadn’t gone into it; [they’re] just taking it for granted. At any rate we went out and started on a feasibility report, and I encouraged him to go ahead with it. I’m afraid I’m in trouble with the Lord, because I encouraged him to go ahead with it. We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped to interview some of the translators; I sat with the translators; I wrote the preface. When you see the preface to the New American Standard, those are my words. ..." - Frank Lodgson

"... Frank Logsdon was a major player in the development of the New American Standard Bible (NASB). He was a friend of Dewey Lockman, and was involved in a feasibility study involving purchasing the copyright of the American Standard Version (ASV) with Lockman that lead to the eventual production of the NASB. He interviewed some of the translators for the job, and even wrote the preface to the translation.

Slowly, he became aware that there was something wrong with the NASB. He eventually rejected it, and promoted the KJB. This was a major defection for the modern version crowd. ..." - NASB Committe Member turns KJV, denounces NASB - Preserved Word Ministries
At least interesting. Like I said I don't use the NASB or Westcott and Hort.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your post has nothing to do with the post you are responding to or does it address the scriptures that show that those who continue in known unrepentant sin you have not come to JESUS. Those who come to JESUS are not living a life of known UNREPENTANT SIN. 1 JOHN 2:3-4; HEBREWS 10:26-27; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; JOHN 14:15. Those who live a life of known unrepentant sin reject the gift of God's dear son and will not enter the kingdom of heaven *ROMANS 6:23
Yes it does. You intend for the reader to follow the famous 10 and not Jesus.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really brother ignoring in this case and your own means not responding to the posts and scriptures in them that disagree with your teachings and pretending these scripture shared with you do not exist. JOHN however summarises much of what is being discussed here in 1 JOHN 2:3-4. Ignoring God's WORD does not make them dissappear.
I dealt with 1 Jn 2:3-4 here - JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH! on Sat the 15th in your thread JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!
No problem. God's LAWS (both eternal and Shadows) leads to Christ *GALATIANS 3:22-25

We sould not be discussing the same thing. You do not know what the OLD COVENANT is. You think the OLD COVENANT is only God's 10 Commandments as shown in DEUTERONOMY 4:13, Yet God's WORD says that the OLD COVENANT was made up collectively of both God's 10 Commandments and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. You mix up God's SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT with God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOEUSNESS in both the OLD and NEW COVENANTS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT points to?
The complete Old Covenant is contained in the Book of the Law. I don't mix it in with the NT or New Covenant. BTW the law is also called the Law and the Prophets.
As shown through the scriptures in an earlier post you ignored God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.
I've not ignored God's Israel. I explained with Scripture to include Romans 11 which you continually toss out. Romans clearly says "in among them." It doesn't say "into them." I also included Eph 2:12- possibly 20. It says nothing about becoming part of Israel.
It is God's WORD not mine that says all those who knowingly continue to break any of God's Commandments stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; ROMANS 3:20.
It's you that clearly requires keeping the law for righteousness by the above. There's nothing in the NT indicating a requirement to keep the law for Christians. Mat 19 and MK 10 don't in anyway support that idea. Now be a good sport and quote the same from Luke. The end result was the man came up short verifying Ps 14:3.
Of course it does God's LAW gives us the knowledge of what sin is if broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. If we break ANY one of God's 10 Commandments we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11.
What mankind will stand guilty of before God is refusal to accept His dear Son.
God's WORD says to all of us in JOHN 3:19-21 [19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20], For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God. What do you think these scriptures mean?
But doesn't that same chapter say -

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I find it amazing you leave out 15 - 18 and post only the condemnation of 19-21. Why is this? The preceding verses say nothing about salvation (eternal life).
All I am hearing are your words in response to God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that seek to break the commandments of God.
I gave you Scripture you'd rather not hear.
Where have I ever said MATTHEW 4:4 applies only to the law? Your making claims no one has ever said to you. Only God's WORD is true and we are to live by EVERY WORD of it. Your confused of the roles of the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures. In the days of JESUS and the APOSTLES their bible was the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. EVERYTHING we have in the NEW TESTAMENT comes from the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures. Together these are the two great witnesses that witness to the LIVING WORD of GOD *JOHN 1:1-4; 14.
Your argument with Mat 4:4 is that the NT didn't exist prior to Jesus. Thus you delete the NT Christians call Scripture. So I'm puzzled why you would appeal to any of it for support.
Arr but I have and again you choose to ignore the scriptures provided to you, neither do you respond to these scriptures because you have no response to them. I will post on the OLD COVENANT again in another post and hope to see your response.
I'm not going to respond to every passage you post simply because a number of single alone passages completely do that.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I dealt with 1 Jn 2:3-4 here - JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH! on Sat the 15th in your thread JESUS and the APOSTLES OBEYED GOD'S LAW and the SABBATH!
The complete Old Covenant is contained in the Book of the Law. I don't mix it in with the NT or New Covenant. BTW the law is also called the Law and the Prophets.I've not ignored God's Israel. I explained with Scripture to include Romans 11 which you continually toss out. Romans clearly says "in among them." It doesn't say "into them." I also included Eph 2:12- possibly 20. It says nothing about becoming part of Israel.It's you that clearly requires keeping the law for righteousness by the above. There's nothing in the NT indicating a requirement to keep the law for Christians. Mat 19 and MK 10 don't in anyway support that idea. Now be a good sport and quote the same from Luke. The end result was the man came up short verifying Ps 14:3.What mankind will stand guilty of before God is refusal to accept His dear Son.But doesn't that same chapter say -

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I find it amazing you leave out 15 - 18 and post only the condemnation of 19-21. Why is this? The preceding verses say nothing about salvation (eternal life).I gave you Scripture you'd rather not hear.Your argument with Mat 4:4 is that the NT didn't exist prior to Jesus. Thus you delete the NT Christians call Scripture. So I'm puzzled why you would appeal to any of it for support.I'm not going to respond to every passage you post simply because a number of single alone passages completely do that.

Actually brother, NO you did not!

You posted the above but you simply ignored my response to your post with all the scriptures that showed you were in error in your context. You simply ignored my posts and all the scriptures in them that disagreed with you, Simply IGNORING God's WORD does not make it disappear. The posts and responses showing your error in the above and all the scriptures that disagree with you can be found here for the Covenants click me and the post showing the context you leave out of 1 JOHN 2:3-4 can be found here click me. Your only repeating yourself here brother without addressing all the posts and scriptures that disagree with you.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes it does. You intend for the reader to follow the famous 10 and not Jesus.

Really? How did your post reapond to anything you were quoting from? If you are KNOWINGLY breaking any one of God's 10 Commandment God's WORD says you are not KNOW JESUS or are you following JESUS neither do you love him *1 JOHN 2:1-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; JOHN 14:15. None who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT sin [break any one of God's 10 Commandments] will enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they reject the gift of God's dear son *HEBREWS 10:26-27; ROMANS 6:23.

Upvote 0