Hebrews 6 and 10, and salvation from the unpardonable sin?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
In Hebrews 6 and 10 is mention of a terrible fate awaiting those who reject or turn from all God's grace back to sin. This sin at the time was agreeing with the killing of Jesus and joining the Pharisees that rejected Jesus as Messiah. Paul was good to the Hebrews the readers and said better things were expected for them. And does this apply to all readers of Hebrews past, present and future? Or only those who read Paul's own hand writing, in the first century Jerusalem?

NKJV Hebrews 6:1-9
1Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to [a]perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this https://biblehub.com/nkjv/hebrews/6.htm#footnoteswe will do if God permits.

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6[c]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

A Better Estimate​

9But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner.

NKJV Hebrews 10:26-39
26For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” [g]says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32But recall the former days in which, after you were [h]illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34for you had compassion on https://biblehub.com/nkjv/hebrews/10.htm#footnotesme in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your [j]goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves [k]in heaven. 35Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

37“For yet a little while,
And He[l] who is coming will come and will not [m]tarry.
38Now the[n] just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

39But we are not of those who draw back to [o]perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
better to know that wolves gather thorns of grapes and are in sheeps clothing, so to know them by their words which are fruit to nobody, we ned real fruit to eat, not a fruit that stabs at our heart instead, by believing in lies. ( of the deceiver)

Matthew 7:
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2 Corinthians 11:
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
better to know that wolves gather thorns of grapes and are in sheeps clothing, so to know them by their words which are fruit to nobody, we ned real fruit to eat, not a fruit that stabs at our heart instead, by believing in lies. ( of the deceiver)

Matthew 7:
12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2 Corinthians 11:
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
My OP is about people who have the Holy Spirit in all His forms. Like the church in Jerusalem in the first century. And in awakenings and revivals with good fruit.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the op of the apostles is better to follow than anyone elses..

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

2 Timothy 3:
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

2 Timothy 3:
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
There is no OP of the apostles, these posts digress.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

2 Timothy 3:
It looks like you believe in a fire and brimstone preaching style. Moses was strict, but Israel were law breakers. King David led the life honouring Moses and Samuel. He sinned a lot but humbled himself and kept trusting God and praying. Psalm 40 and Psalm 51. John the Baptist thought the fiery judgement was about to come. Jesus instead was merciful, gracious and healing. John preached make straight the way, and many repented from sin and prepared to receive Christ by a straight way they made into their hearts, no conditions... I think you need to repent and receive Jesus into your heart. Become a believer in Christ's Truth, kindness, compassion and grace, and with many others, seek to bear the fruit of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the words of Jesus do not pass, why do we hear on a Christian forum these deceivers who prefer their own words that are passed.

Isaiah 30:
27 Behold, the name of the Lord cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:
28 And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.

Matthew 10:
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Romans 11:
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

2 Peter 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
the words of Jesus do not pass, why do we hear on a Christian forum these deceivers who prefer their own words that are passed.

Isaiah 30:
27 Behold, the name of the Lord cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:
28 And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.

Matthew 10:
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Romans 11:
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

2 Peter 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
Using the NT like Romans to make people feel and fear condemnation twists the words Peacemaker1, and is sin as described in your quotes. In the NT is mercy and God's patience and kindness leads to salvation repentance. Condemning does not bring out the truth and is not right.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Hebrews 6 and 10 is mention of a terrible fate awaiting those who reject or turn from all God's grace back to sin. This sin at the time was agreeing with the killing of Jesus and joining the Pharisees that rejected Jesus as Messiah. Paul was good to the Hebrews the readers and said better things were expected for them. And does this apply to all readers of Hebrews past, present and future? Or only those who read Paul's own hand writing, in the first century Jerusalem?

It seems God always has a remnant... the curse Jewish folks took upon themselves at the crucifixion was not applied to the elect.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Using the NT like Romans to make people feel and fear condemnation twists the words Peacemaker1, and is sin as described in your quotes. In the NT is mercy and God's patience and kindness leads to salvation repentance. Condemning does not bring out the truth and is not right.

Ever read Jonathan Edwards 1741 sermon, "Sinners in the hands of an Angry God"?

I've read it numerous times, and something always stands out, something always convicts and draws me closer to the LORD.

How about 2 Peter chapter 2, the book of Jude, James 5:1-6, etc.
How about Revelation chapters 2 & 3. "Repent or else...." and the glorified Jesus said that to gentile churches.

Look at what He said to Thyatira, those who had embraced "Jezebel"

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Ouch.

Jude says on some have compassion, making a difference, and others SAVE WITH FEAR, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

The Holy Spirit will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: John 16:8

"There are in the souls of wicked men those hellish principles reigning, that would presently kindle and flame out into hell fire if it were not for God’s restraints. There is laid in the very nature of carnal men a foundation for the torments of hell. There are those corrupt principles in reigning power in them, and in full possession of them, that are seeds of hell fire. The principles are active and powerful, exceedingly violent in their nature; and if it were not for the restraining hand of God upon them, they would soon break out. They would flame out after the same manner as the same corruption, the same enmity, does in the hearts of damned souls, and would beget the same torments as they do in them."
- Jonathan Edwards

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It seems God always has a remnant... the curse Jewish folks took upon themselves at the crucifixion was not applied to the elect.
Using Jesus' blood as a curse is then up to Jesus, so there is no curse, I am referring to the decision to acknowledge Jesus being put to death was God's will.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Using Jesus' blood as a curse is then up to Jesus, so there is no curse, I am referring to the decision to acknowledge Jesus being put to death was God's will.

24 Now when Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this Man’s blood; you yourselves shall see.” 25 And all the people replied, “His blood shall be on us and on our children!” 26 Then he released Barabbas for them; but after having Jesus flogged, he handed Him over to be crucified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
24 Now when Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this Man’s blood; you yourselves shall see.” 25 And all the people replied, “His blood shall be on us and on our children!” 26 Then he released Barabbas for them; but after having Jesus flogged, he handed Him over to be crucified.
Yes, but did Jesus hold that against them?

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I like what Spurgeon has to say here in his message "Turn or Burn" Dec. 7, 1856

"If the sinner turn not, God will whet His sword. So then, God has a sword, and He will punish man on account of his iniquity. This evil generation hath labored to take away from God the sword of His justice; they have endeavored to prove to themselves that God will “clear the guilty,” and will by no means punish “iniquity and transgression and sin” (Exo 34:7).

Two hundred years ago, the predominant strain of the pulpit was one of terror—it was like Mount Sinai. It thundered forth the dreadful wrath of God; and from the lips of a Baxter or a Bunyan, you heard most terrible sermons, full to the brim with warnings of judgment to come. Perhaps some of the Puritanic fathers may have gone too far, and have given too great a prominence to the terrors of the Lord in their ministry; but the age in which we live has sought to forget those terrors altogether, and if we dare to tell men that God will punish them for their sins, it is charged upon us that we want to bully them into religion. And if we faithfully and honestly tell our hearers that sin must bring after it certain destruction, it is said that we are attempting to frighten them into goodness.
"

My pastor preached last month that when these old preachers preached during the first & second great awakenings in America, people sometimes crawled on the floor to come forward, they didn't have any 2 minute altar call with a neat little prayer: people wept and cried out, and tarried in the Spirit until the cleansing fire burned, the cleansing water washed.
And we by and large have lost that, but it shouldn't be. America is in the condition she's in today as a direct result of easy believism and the utter lack of repentance. I'm talking about in the church, not just society at large.

There is a last days remnant, and that remnant needs to stand up and proclaim the truth in both word and deed. Amen

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes, but did Jesus hold that against them?
New King James Version
The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
From Ezekiel 18:20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heb 6 is not about salvation. It is about doctrine. The passage starts in chapter 5, verse 12. The entire context is doctrine and the unworkableness of the Hebrew Christians falling back into the law. In Chapter 6, Paul presents the hypothetical effect of re-instituting the daily sacrifice into the doctrine of "repentance of dead works." Doing so would require Jesus to be re-crucified every day! Of course, this will not happen; therefore, in their erroneous doctrine, there would be no more sacrifice for their sins, and, therefore, no repentance is available to those who believe this failed doctrine.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

NKJV Hebrews 6:1-9
1Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to [a]perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3And this Hebrews 6 NKJVwe will do if God permits.

4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6[c]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

A Better Estimate

9But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner.

NKJV Hebrews 10:26-39
26For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” [g]says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32But recall the former days in which, after you were [h]illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings: 33partly while you were made a spectacle both by reproaches and tribulations, and partly while you became companions of those who were so treated; 34for you had compassion on Hebrews 10 NKJVme in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your [j]goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves [k]in heaven. 35Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:

37“For yet a little while,
And He[l] who is coming will come and will not [m]tarry.
38Now the[n] just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”

39But we are not of those who draw back to [o]perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
What you need to be aware of is that Hebrews 6 states:

Heb 6:6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

But how powerful is the cross?

What sins does it cover?

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

We see if Hebrews 9 that the cross covers a lifetime of sins, it is a righteous life given for a lifetime of sins.

We also see that "wandering from the faith" is covered by the cross:

Jas 5:19-20 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

We also see that GOd is "just" and "righteous" to forgive our sins if we come to confess it.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So we see the cross covers a lifetime of sins, the cross does not expire until we die. The person/s referenced in Hebrews 6 must have turned from Christ and died in their sins, that is the only way the cross would be unavailable.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
So we see the cross covers a lifetime of sins, the cross does not expire until we die. The person/s referenced in Hebrews 6 must have turned from Christ and died in their sins, that is the only way the cross would be unavailable.

Seed sown on stony ground. Luke 8:13 "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away."
This is obviously not a saving belief, because those truly saved are sealed. It's still a scary thought, because how long do they believe? A few days, or a few years? They even receive the word with joy - but the Word of God is powerful and can bring joy to an unregenerate person.
This certainly gives reason to examine oneself whether you be in the faith. Have the assurance, sure - but make sure it's a solid assurance, backed by the Scriptures and the Holy Spirits witness & peace.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seed sown on stony ground. Luke 8:13 "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away."
This is obviously not a saving belief, because those truly saved are sealed. It's still a scary thought, because how long do they believe? A few days, or a few years? They even receive the word with joy - but the Word of God is powerful and can bring joy to an unregenerate person.
This certainly gives reason to examine oneself whether you be in the faith. Have the assurance, sure - but make sure it's a solid assurance, backed by the Scriptures and the Holy Spirits witness & peace.
Heb 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away

It would more rightly apply to truly saved individuals who fall from their steadfastness. They are "partakers of the Holy Spirit", and they were truly "once enlightened".

Upvote 0