Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay, folks, I believe you will find this to be true: We are in heaven but because we sin, we suffer. That is why Jesus “suggested” we stop sinning:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, heaven is what our life turns into when we repent of our sin. Heaven is the plan the Lord has for each of us if we'd only do things his way. You might not think you are in heaven but I think you will learn
?
Can you prove it with Biblical scriptures?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Can you prove it with Biblical scriptures?
If Matthew 4:17 isn't proof, it's a clue. I think that's all the Lord wanted us to have. He told us to repent, and there's no reason we shouldn't. Some will repent and find out what the reward is. Others won't.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Our life does turn for the best when we are saved, but there will always be heartaches until we are with God in heaven...
Repentance makes life a whole lot easier.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repentance makes life a whole lot easier.
Of course it does, but it doesn't turn it into heaven. My life is great, I feel so blessed with so many things, but long suffering described in the Bible has to do with having to live in a fallen world, with persecutions suffering for Christ. All this ends when you are in heaven.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course it does, but it doesn't turn it into heaven. My life is great, I feel so blessed with so many things, but long suffering described in the Bible has to do with having to live in a fallen world, with persecutions suffering for Christ. All this ends when you are in heaven.
When you have peace of mind, you have heaven. That comes with repentance.

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Matthew 4:17 isn't proof, it's a clue. I think that's all the Lord wanted us to have. He told us to repent, and there's no reason we shouldn't. Some will repent and find out what the reward is. Others won't.
So you believe that you can turn your life into heaven on earth within your mortal life time here? I'm sorry but that isn't Biblical.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, folks, I believe you will find this to be true: We are in heaven but because we sin, we suffer. That is why Jesus “suggested” we stop sinning:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV
Great verse :)

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So you believe that you can turn your life into heaven on earth within your mortal life time here? I'm sorry but that isn't Biblical.
Oh?

And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power." Mark 9:1 RSV

Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 21:1-27
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ...

• Prayers
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I forget the verse exactly but it mentioned the Kingdom of God was within us when we are saved but the Kingdom of Heaven isn't yet here but will come when this world is destroyed in Revelations.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh?

And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power." Mark 9:1 RSV
You aren't understanding this verse correctly, please study it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Revelation 21:1-27
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ...
One of my favorite Bible passages. In symbolic language, it describes heaven perfectly. As soon as we repent ...

• Prayers
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I forget the verse exactly but it mentioned the Kingdom of God was within us when we are saved but the Kingdom of Heaven isn't yet here but will come when this world is destroyed in Revelations.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
You aren't understanding this verse correctly, please study it...
I know this: The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, and the transformation that took place in my life was indescribable. I share this with you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this: The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, and the transformation that took place in my life was indescribable. I share this with you.
So did I, and I don't see angels flying all around me and death still exist.

• Prayers
Upvote 0