Heaven

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth. New Jerusalem is a city that comes down out of the Old Heaven and lands on the New Earth. This is not the entirety of the Old Heaven that lands on the New Earth. It is just the one city from the Old Heaven that lands on the New Earth.

As for the Lord's throne: God's throne will more than likely be in the city of New Jerusalem on the New Earth.

Will heaven literally pass away?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But Satan talked to God in Heaven in Job, so I'm not sure Satan hates it, necessarily. Or at least doesn't hate it to the point of never going there.

People who hate God may not desire going there, but I doubt they (or anyone) want to burn in hell either.

Somebody on Youtube said, "So yes Satan is envies to the core but only because envy is his creation, not because he got kicked out of Heaven. Satan could not hate anything more than Heaven, because Heaven is about humility, selflessness, honesty, generosity etc. exactly what Satan is opposed to."

Do you think that makes sense?

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Somebody on Youtube said, "So yes Satan is envies to the core but only because envy is his creation, not because he got kicked out of Heaven. Satan could not hate anything more than Heaven, because Heaven is about humility, selflessness, honesty, generosity etc. exactly what Satan is opposed to."

Do you think that makes sense?

Job didn't seem to have Satan be envious of anything though. In fact I can't recall a time anywhere in the Bible where Satan was stated to be envious (then again he was barely in the Bible). God was stated at times to be envious though.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Job didn't seem to have Satan be envious of anything though. In fact I can't recall a time anywhere in the Bible where Satan was stated to be envious (then again he was barely in the Bible). God was stated at times to be envious though.

People say he is jealous Christ died to save us.

Either way-it doesnt matter.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
People say he is jealous Christ died to save us.

Either way-it doesnt matter.

I don't think there's any evidence in the Bible of that really being the case though, it's just what some say.

I'd say that it does matter, at least somewhat, since Satan is supposed to be the enemy of God, and thus one of the central "characters" of God's plan, or at least trying to hinder it. It's like saying that David, or Paul, or Peter, or Mary, shouldn't be fully investigated because "it doesn't matter".

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think there's any evidence in the Bible of that really being the case though, it's just what some say.

I'd say that it does matter, at least somewhat, since Satan is supposed to be the enemy of God, and thus one of the central "characters" of God's plan, or at least trying to hinder it. It's like saying that David, or Paul, or Peter, or Mary, shouldn't be fully investigated because "it doesn't matter".

I read in a book the devil and demons hate us with a passion because they have no plan of salvation. "I Wish I could go back to Heaven" | Demon Speaks through 16yr old girl | DeonVsEarth

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I read in a book the devil and demons hate us with a passion because they have no plan of salvation. "I Wish I could go back to Heaven" | Demon Speaks through 16yr old girl | DeonVsEarth

That can't really be taken as Scripture or anything though—people have the ability to have their brains trick them in very strange ways. Like some near-death experiences, for instance, don't involve seeing Jesus, the Father, or Mary. Instead for some say, Hindus, they see Hindu gods. Would that mean that the Hindu gods are just as real as Jesus?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That can't really be taken as Scripture or anything though—people have the ability to have their brains trick them in very strange ways. Like some near-death experiences, for instance, don't involve seeing Jesus, the Father, or Mary. Instead for some say, Hindus, they see Hindu gods. Would that mean that the Hindu gods are just as real as Jesus?

Why Does Satan Hates Humanity So Much?

To answer that question, there are several reasons as to why that Satan hates us so much. The first reason is that we’re made in the image of God Almighty. The second one is that God has granted us an unmerited privilege that the enemy doesn’t have. We have such a mind-blowing opportunity to go to heaven and be with our Maker forever through Christ by escaping his control. That’s truly what has intensified even further that hatred.

The truth is that he had been there, and he knows what heaven is truly like. He knows the extraordinary beauty that dwells in that place, and so forth. Consequently, his main goal is to ensure that nobody ever goes to that place. He wouldn’t want anybody to inherit what he has lost. Here is the deal, if you can’t make it to heaven, then you will have to accompany him to where he’s destined to spend his eternity.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

For the record, first off that link got something wrong in the very first sentence: "Lucifer" was never Satan, just a term meaning Morning Star that was used for an ancient arrogant Babylonian king who saw himself as greater than everyone. This is clear if you actually read all of Isaiah 14 and not just cherry-pick verses 12-15 like so many do. Not only does it say that it's a proverb taken up against the King of Babylon, it says that eventually the king will fall like any other and his oppressed people in Babylon will taunt him for being just a man. So already that has something wrong.

As for the rest of the article, it's all simply conjecture from hearsay, from what people have simply assumed. There is absolutely no Scriptural basis presented for any of the assumptions, and the only Scripture parts that are cited just refer to Jesus being God's son and God created humans in His image and likeness.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For the record, first off that link got something wrong in the very first sentence: "Lucifer" was never Satan, just a term meaning Morning Star that was used for an ancient arrogant Babylonian king who saw himself as greater than everyone. This is clear if you actually read all of Isaiah 14 and not just cherry-pick verses 12-15 like so many do. Not only does it say that it's a proverb taken up against the King of Babylon, it says that eventually the king will fall like any other and his oppressed people in Babylon will taunt him for being just a man. So already that has something wrong.

As for the rest of the article, it's all simply conjecture from hearsay, from what people have simply assumed. There is absolutely no Scriptural basis presented for any of the assumptions, and the only Scripture parts that are cited just refer to Jesus being God's son and God created humans in His image and likeness.

There might be Scriptual basis-it says Jesus didn't help angels.

Satan hates you and since he has lost his place in heaven his desire is to keep you from being saved through what Jesus did for you on the cross, when He died for your sins (2 Corinthians 4:4). Satan is angry about his eternal plight and wants to drag as many people as possible down to hell with him: Devil's Due or Devil's Rue? | Good Fight Ministries

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There might be Scriptual basis-it says Jesus didn't help angels.

I actually didn't know that. But still, the main point of the article either seems to make erroneous claims about Scripture or state things for which there is no basis whatsoever aside from conjecture and assumption.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I actually didn't know that. But still, the main point of the article either seems to make erroneous claims about Scripture or state things for which there is no basis whatsoever aside from conjecture and assumption.

How is it erogenous? Jesus died for humans and not the angelic race. You don't agree with the claim that the devil wants to take everyone to hell with him?

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How is it erogenous? Jesus died for humans and not the angelic race. You don't agree with the claim that the devil wants to take everyone to hell with him?

I agree that Jesus died for humans and not the angels, because the angels don't need to be saved. What I'm saying is that as far as I can recall, there's nothing about the devil wanting to take everyone to hell with him, or even that he takes everyone to hell at all, nor is there anything about him "rebelling" and taking other angels with him, there's nothing that indicates that demons were once angels. The closest thing to that is "Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven", which is from Paradise Lost which is more or less Bible-based fanfiction.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree that Jesus died for humans and not the angels, because the angels don't need to be saved. What I'm saying is that as far as I can recall, there's nothing about the devil wanting to take everyone to hell with him, or even that he takes everyone to hell at all, nor is there anything about him "rebelling" and taking other angels with him, there's nothing that indicates that demons were once angels. The closest thing to that is "Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven", which is from Paradise Lost which is more or less Bible-based fanfiction.

Are demons and fallen angels the same thing?

Another helpful passage is found in Matthew 25:41. Jesus teaches, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." Those with the devil are called angels, the same beings called demons or evil spirits in other passages. Therefore, we can conclude demons are fallen angels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 25:41 Revelation 12:3-9

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Does that mean he is jealous of salvation? If not, why are they rebelling against God?

That would open up speculation that Adam and Eve were tempted to take everyone to hell, or at some point later evil beings became jealous we are saved.

Upvote 0