Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why set the visible and invisible S&Ws each of us has in our personal testimonies against any other of God’s favor, as though anything could separate us from the love of Christ? Are you attempting to answer your own question? One of those S&Ws is the power to testify to an unbelieving world, which you appropriately asked.

Shouldn’t we instead ask whether our hearts are in a state of readiness so the when and if any signs or wonders DID follow closely behind, our hearts would not be dismayed at that exceptional occurrence, but fixed on Jesus and the evident renewal that has already taken place.

I don’t know of anyone here who hasn’t experienced that power to witness to an unbeliever, including myself. Sometimes the Spirit opens doors, and sometimes He instantly reveals the heart before you, such as,

“I don’t believe in nothing!”​

My simple point is that it is the Holy Spirit that reveals Himself to man. He can use our words to stir within a person as He is actively seeking to reveal Himself. The power of the Holy Spirit that brings man to Himself. Signs and wonders are not what converts a mans heart, it is an act of the Holy Spirit. Signs and wonders are not necessary in that process. They can be used but are not necessary.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I usually use the following rule when reaching out to others. “Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.”
I share the gospel of Christ to those who are willing to hear it and those who are likely to make a sincere commitment. To others, I try to set an example by the way I live my own life, that they themselves may be attracted to hearing about the Christian life.

Our life is our light when we follow Christ. The words used when others are attracted to the light, the light of Christ in us, are then used by the Spirit of God to reveal Himself to whomever He is drawing to the light of Christ. We agree on this 100%.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When I married my wife,my Pastor who spoke at the wedding ceremony,addressed both of us by our first names and said,'There will be many times when Jesus will turn your water into wine. You will see miracles in your life together,as you love and serve Him faithfully!'
Blessed and powerful word!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please forgive if off topic. But some Churched remain adamant over Jesus' not turning water into an alcoholic substance. I am of the opinion that He himself also partook of that wine saying within himself that same which the Holy Spirit later spoke, but to Him at the party,

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

(Ephesians 5:18)​

Upvote 0