He is like a man looking at his natural face in the mirror...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was watching Star Trek 4, the one with the whales, and a thought came to me...?

At some point, someone had and proposed the the thought or idea that man might not be the most intelligent species on the planet, that a species, like whales might be more intelligent then man, and someone like Gene Rodenberry got hold of this idea, and decided to make a movie out of it...

The one who first thought of and proposed it had to "drop their ego" to come up with this... Like Spock says in the Movie, "Only human arrogance would assume that the message was meant for man." Only human arrogance would assume that man is the most intelligent species on the planet...

The person that first came up with and proposed this thought had to drop his human ego and arrogance to consider it...

It made me wonder, how many other lines of thought or reasoning we are missing due to human pride, ego, and arrogance...

People who are overly proud, egotistical, or ego driven, pompous and arrogant are some of the dumbest, stupidest people on the planet...

That's one problem with most of us... Another is: "He is like a man looking into a mirror and seeing his appearance, and then looking away and going off and instantly forgetting what sort or kind of man or person he or she is..." They forget "what kind of spirit they are of"... They go off and out and completely forget anything having to do with this, That is: considering or taking the time to stop and ponder what kind of spirit they are of, in God... They could care less... They just seek the next entertaining distraction to be occupied with, and are like unreasoning animals... They get and stay busy and never stop to ponder what manner of spirit they are of... This is another problem leading to very stupid people...

This is 99% of us so far...

Another thing is, ones who have not been through anything much in life, vs. people who have... People who have know more than people who have not... Sure most of the people who have not been through much are usually "nice" enough people, most of the time, but, "dumb" for the most part... Whereas people who have, may not be as nice sometimes, but have an edge over one who have not...

Comments...?

Any other things making us stupid that you can think of...?

God Bless!

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"He is like a man looking into a mirror and seeing his appearance, and then looking away and going off and instantly forgetting what sort or kind of man or person he or she is..."

What if hes like a man who looks into a mirror and sees his appearance and becomes so infatuated with himself he stares at himself until death? Because if I die thats how I want to go out.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What if hes like a man who looks into a mirror and sees his appearance and becomes so infatuated with himself he stares at himself until death? Because if I die thats how I want to go out.
That would be way too much ego, already mentioned...

That would be a very stupid person...

The mirror is symbolic of how the things of God act like a spiritual mirror, and you are to consider what manner of spirit you are of, (what manner of person you are or should be considering what kind of spirit you are of in God) by looking into it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was watching Star Trek 4, the one with the whales, and a thought came to me...?

At some point, someone had and proposed the the thought or idea that man might not be the most intelligent species on the planet, that a species, like whales might be more intelligent then man, and someone like Gene Rodenberry got hold of this idea, and decided to make a movie out of it...

The one who first thought of and proposed it had to "drop their ego" to come up with this... Like Spock says in the Movie, "Only human arrogance would assume that the message was meant for man." Only human arrogance would assume that man is the most intelligent species on the planet...

The person that first came up with and proposed this thought had to drop his human ego and arrogance to consider it...

It made me wonder, how many other lines of thought or reasoning we are missing due to human pride, ego, and arrogance...

People who are overly proud, egotistical, or ego driven, pompous and arrogant are some of the dumbest, stupidest people on the planet...

That's one problem with most of us... Another is: "He is like a man looking into a mirror and seeing his appearance, and then looking away and going off and instantly forgetting what sort or kind of man or person he or she is..." They forget "what kind of spirit they are of"... They go off and out and completely forget anything having to do with this, That is: considering or taking the time to stop and ponder what kind of spirit they are of, in God... They could care less... They just seek the next entertaining distraction to be occupied with, and are like unreasoning animals... They get and stay busy and never stop to ponder what manner of spirit they are of... This is another problem leading to very stupid people...

This is 99% of us so far...

Another thing is, ones who have not been through anything much in life, vs. people who have... People who have know more than people who have not... Sure most of the people who have not been through much are usually "nice" enough people, most of the time, but, "dumb" for the most part... Whereas people who have, may not be as nice sometimes, but have an edge over one who have not...

Comments...?

Any other things making us stupid that you can think of...?

God Bless!

Good.
As people get older, they tend to become more spiritual.
Experience brings deeper understanding.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good.
As people get older, they tend to become more spiritual.
Experience brings deeper understanding.

So are you saying the older someone gets the less compelling atheism becomes? I guess that explains anthony flews belief in God at the end of his life.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would be way too much ego, already mentioned...

That would be a very stupid person...

The mirror is symbolic of how the things of God act like a spiritual mirror, and you are to consider what manner of spirit you are of, (what manner of person you are or should be considering what kind of spirit you are of in God) by looking into it...

God Bless!

Well if you can think of a better way for one to die just say it already.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That's one problem with most of us.......

This is 99% of us so far.......

usually "nice" enough people, most of the time, but, "dumb" for the most part...

I'm wondering where the statistics are for these conclusions.
:idea:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was this way once, not too long ago... How do you think I know...?

I I either put that to death on the altar, or it was forcefully stripped from me, and if the latter is the case, I hope to someday return the favor (and it was a favor) from the one who did...

My ego, my pride... My identity was completely wrapped up in it, when it was gone, I was completely "lost" entirely, I was afraid of everyone and everything, my scitzophrenic symptoms got very bad... When I was homeless and staying in the mission and on the street, I spent nights out trying to get/run away from everyone and everything...

I wasn't talking to God much or as much as I should have been before and up to that time... One night out by myself... I started talking to him, and talking very honestly this time... That's when things "began" to change, not overnight, but gradually...

I kept talking to him after that and up to now... And things are much better now... Though I still have some problems...

But, that old man, that was, whose identity was wrapped up in their ego and pride, and didn't go through much in life, prior to that and had not spent much time reflecting on what manner of spirit they were of... Anyway, that man, that prior old man/persona had to die, but I lost my identity and myself, my old self that is, in the process... As much pressure that was on me, it was to, I ultimately had to choose, of my own free will, to put it to death...

And, that moment, those moments on the streets, I found God, or rather he found me, and I got "born again" and went on the journey into discovering who I am in him, my new identity in Christ...

Well, anyhow, so I guess I cannot judge other people to harshly, they have not walked in my shoes, and I have not walked in theirs, so...

Anyhow,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Now, you may discover, like I did, that there was very much wickedness in that prior person, that old man... Like I did...

And I laid that man, that persona, up on the spiritual altar, where blood sacrifices are made, and raised up a knife with both hands and plunged it into his chest, and killed him... Put him to death, and I didn't want to, but, I had to...

Cause I was still in a very lost state when I did this... But, the seriousness of putting your old person to death, in order to be born again anew, must be stressed... You have to kill it, murder it... It must die...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was this way once, not too long ago... How do you think I know...?

I I either put that to death on the altar, or it was forcefully stripped from me, and if the latter is the case, I hope to someday return the favor (and it was a favor) from the one who did...

My ego, my pride... My identity was completely wrapped up in it, when it was gone, I was completely "lost" entirely, I was afraid of everyone and everything, my scitzophrenic symptoms got very bad... When I was homeless and staying in the mission and on the street, I spent nights out trying to get/run away from everyone and everything...

I wasn't talking to God much or as much as I should have been before and up to that time... One night out by myself... I started talking to him, and talking very honestly this time... That's when things "began" to change, not overnight, but gradually...

I kept talking to him after that and up to now... And things are much better now... Though I still have some problems...

But, that old man, that was, whose identity was wrapped up in their ego and pride, and didn't go through much in life, prior to that and had not spent much time reflecting on what manner of spirit they were of... Anyway, that man, that prior old man/persona had to die, but I lost my identity and myself, my old self that is, in the process... As much pressure that was on me, it was to, I ultimately had to choose, of my own free will, to put it to death...

And, that moment, those moments on the streets, I found God, or rather he found me, and I got "born again" and went on the journey into discovering who I am in him, my new identity in Christ...

Well, anyhow, so I guess I cannot judge other people to harshly, they have not walked in my shoes, and I have not walked in theirs, so...

Anyhow,

God Bless!

Now, you may discover, like I did, that there was very much wickedness in that prior person, that old man... Like I did...

And I laid that man, that persona, up on the spiritual altar, where blood sacrifices are made, and raised up a knife with both hands and plunged it into his chest, and killed him... Put him to death, and I didn't want to, but, I had to...

Cause I was still in a very lost state when I did this... But, the seriousness of putting your old person to death, in order to be born again anew, must be stressed... You have to kill it, murder it... It must die...

God Bless!

So, you might want to answer this question: On what day or can you remember the day or time when you were "born-again", if you cannot, perhaps your not...?

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Talk" to him... If you don't talk to him, he'll rarely talk to you or you won't be able to hear him when he does speak, if you don't talk to him, then you do not have a "relationship" with him, which is perhaps just as important as God's word itself...

Don't have to have to have a lot of "pressure" put upon you, before you start talking to him... This will help in putting the old person, the old man to death... Honesty helps...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I used to take prescription zanax, and after a while of taking it, I started having blackouts... Periods of time, usually a day, where I would not remember a damn thing about it the next day... Or it would happen in the middle of the night...

When I was staying in a trailer, with no power and no water and no gas, on a relatives property, One night, I took a joyride and crashed my car, and went to jail for DUI, and the hospital, I could remember "none of it at all" the next day, it was like going to sleep and thinking you had slept through the entire next day...

But, the friend I called to pick me up from jail and take me home, as well as other prior witnesses to prior events of being with me during one of my blackouts, say this was a very "cocky" person, arrogant...

This was right before I wound up on the street, before becoming born again... Up to that point I believe there was/is a war inside of me/you/us, of primarily two personalities, one more humble, the other arrogant and cocky, and I think when I was using (kinda abusing) prescription zanax, I think it opened a door, for that other personality that I was going to put to death, I think the zanax opened up a door for him...

That is my old man, he had to die...

One night out on the streets, spending the night outdoors in the city, I got away down a bike path, under a lamp, off to the side in the grass and would spend the night there during the night...

And I began getting very open and honest and voicing it, trying to level with him, to talk to him, getting honest with myself most of all, started turning my life over to him, and now, I'm a new man, a new creature, I am discovering my new identity and it's very exciting at times... The journey of self-discovery is very much more enjoyable now...

I'm off zanax, and haven't had any blackouts since...

I also now have my own apartment, my animals and me, and the Lord, and some new friends that visit sometimes, back in contact with my daughter, and am repairing some bridges that may have got burnt, with some of my family, things are much better now...

God Bless!

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums