Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lawmakers, Jewish Groups Call on Florida Gov. to Denounce Neo-Nazis Waving 'DeSantis Country' Flags

Photos taken of the group show them waving posters with anti-Semitic imagery, such as swastikas and Nazi flags, along with the Florida state flag and a poster showing DeSantis' face
Lawmakers and candidates in Florida are calling on the state's governor to denounce a group of Nazi demonstrators who marched outside a conservative event over the weekend displaying both swastikas and signs expressing support for Gov. Ron DeSantis.

On Saturday, the group gathered outside the Tampa Convention Center, which was playing host to the conservative Turning Point USA Student Action Summit. Photos taken of the group show them waving posters with anti-Semitic imagery, such as swastikas and Nazi flags, along with the Florida state flag and a poster showing DeSantis' face.

One day after the photos were taken, Florida Agriculture Commissioner and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Nikki Fried held a press conference in the same place, urging DeSantis to denounce the group.

"I am asking you, Ron DeSantis, to denounce the Nazis that were here, here to celebrate you speech inside this convention Center," Fried, who is Jewish, said. "They were holding your pictures yesterday."

The Florida Governor's office did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.
Florida Gov. Has Not Denounced Neo-Nazis Waving 'DeSantis Country' Flags

Fried, being Jewish, has an obvious reason to be unhappy with republican Nazis. And by calling on Gov Ron to denounce them, there's a political motive to get him to offend a significant source of support for his candidacy. If he doesn't denounce them plainly, he's going to have a huge problem with other Floridians.

Yes, she's exploiting his weakness here, but he did it to himself.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are no photos in the article. Interesting.
DeSantis.jpg

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So what these people really do not care that he actually denounces this. This is just another got you, finger pointing attempt to make their political enemy look bad.

If that's true, he gets political points by denouncing them. But the "gotcha" is that he can't win without their support. So most likely, he'll carefully dance around the issue to try to reassure normal Americans without offending the Nazis.

Maybe he'll say that there were very good people on both sides. Something like that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Looks about as expected:

The governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, has pushed back against calls to condemn a series of neo-Nazi protests that took place over the weekend, saying people are attempting to “smear” him.

On Saturday and Sunday, a group of 15 to 20 protesters donned Nazi symbols and chanted antisemitic slurs along the North Alafaya Trail in Orlando. According to videos that quickly circulated across social media, the protesters gave Nazi salutes, yelled “White power!”, waved an anti-Biden banner and at one point got into a brawl with a driver.

The protests have been met with disgust from Democrats and Republicans alike. However, DeSantis did not publicly condemn the marchers until Monday during a press conference, and then largely to deflect blame on to his political opponents.

“So what I’m going to say is these people, these Democrats who are trying to use this as some type of political issue to try to smear me as if I had something to do with that, we’re not playing their game,” he said.
Ron DeSantis pushes back against calls to condemn neo-Nazi protests

He had a chance to do the right thing. And he caved. Because republicans can no longer win without the support of people like that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What, six or seven?

In the photo. Yeah, Nazis for DeSantis. You want a pano, now? (Barbarian checks)

UMOMXINO5ZB7TDI4GZLSHOGPMM.jpg

You figure Gov. Ron shouldn't denounce them because there were at most a few dozen out there supporting him? We all understand. He can't win without those guys, so he's not going to denounce them. The radical rightists own him now, just as they own the republican party.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pardon me but this smells of a false flag operation.

If it's a "false flag" operation, we'll know because Gov. Ron will promptly issue a blunt condemnation of Nazis and tell them he wants nothing to do with them.

Let's see what happens...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If it's a "false flag" operation, we'll know because Gov. Ron will promptly issue a blunt condemnation of Nazis and tell them he wants nothing to do with them.

Let's see what happens...
Depends on who is running the false flag operation. And who is ready to pounce on his dislike of even commenting on frivolous wacko nut job posers. By the way, I asked when this 'Nazi' event happened. Crickets. It looks like it happened WAY back in January. So not terribly current 'current news and events'. You made it look like it happened just a week ago. Which is it?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Depends on who is running the false flag operation.

Here you're assuming what you proposed to prove. But maybe you have some evidence. Otherwise, this looks like it's from the same playbook that made it seem like a good idea to blame Jan 6 on Antifa. But I suppose one does what one can, with what one has.

And who is ready to pounce on his dislike of even commenting on frivolous wacko nut job posers.

Might be. Gov. Ron is in a tough spot. If he doesn't denounce Nazis who are supporting him, then normal Floridians will conclude that he likes their support. If he does denounce them, they he'll offend the the Nazis. And he can't win without the far right whackos.

Rock and a hard place. It's something that happens when the losers decide that their time has come and they can stop hiding who they are.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Here you're assuming what you proposed to prove. But maybe you have some evidence. Otherwise, this looks like it's from the same playbook that made it seem like a good idea to blame Jan 6 on Antifa. But I suppose one does what one can, with what one has.

Might be. Gov. Ron is in a tough spot. If he doesn't denounce Nazis who are supporting him, then normal Floridians will conclude that he likes their support. If he does denounce them, they he'll offend the the Nazis. And he can't win without the far right whackos.

Rock and a hard place. It's something that happens when the losers decide that their time has come and they can stop hiding who they are.
You still have not replied about how this news is old news. I guess any attempt to call DeSantis a Nazi is worthy stuff. No matter how many times it has been rehashed.

For myself I could denounce any real Nazi. Yet I never publicly have done so. I prefer to not give them the time of day. As for the folks who are finding Nazi's under every bit of shrubbery in contemporary America, I prefer not to give them time either. This whole thing stinks of trying to identify DeSantis as a Nazi.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You still have not replied about how this news is old news.

Well, let's see if Gov. Ron responds or not. I suspect he's going to just keep his head low and hope it all blows over.

I guess any attempt to call DeSantis a Nazi is worthy stuff.

The Nazis didn't say Gov. Ron was a Nazi. They just expressed support for him.

For myself I could denounce any real Nazi.

The question is whether or not Gov. Ron will. Let's see how that goes...

As for the folks who are finding Nazi's under every bit of shrubbery in contemporary America,

Or at Florida political rallies in this case.

This whole thing stinks of trying to identify DeSantis as a Nazi.

Don't see anyone doing that. The question is whether or not he rejects their support for him and his policies.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"The Barbarian, post: 76957326, member: 7989"]In the photo. Yeah, Nazis for DeSantis. You want a pano, now? (Barbarian checks)

UMOMXINO5ZB7TDI4GZLSHOGPMM.jpg

You figure Gov. Ron shouldn't denounce them because there were at most a few dozen out there supporting him? We all understand. He can't win without those guys, so he's not going to denounce them. The radical rightists own him now, just as they own the republican party.
Yeah, he really needs those 15 votes.
upload_2022-10-15_17-46-8.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, he really needs those 15 votes.

And the votes of other creeps like them. My guess is that he's too scared of offending them, so he's not going to denounce their support for him.

He's had a lot of time, so I'm guessing that he just wants the whole thing to go away.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And the votes of other creeps like them. My guess is that he's too scared of offending them, so he's not going to denounce their support for him.

He's had a lot of time, so I'm guessing that he just wants the whole thing to go away.
I think he did good by not drawing attention to them and getting them press. In fact, you’ve given them more exposure than he did. Nice going.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think he did good by not drawing attention to them and getting them press. In fact, you’ve given them more exposure than he did. Nice going.

Apparently, it's a bigger story in Florida. Go figure.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The alternate explanation is that they are so unworthy of even being commented on that most people wouldn't waste their time over these nobodies. They are nobodies if they are real Nazis and they are nobodies if they are poser Nazis.
The whole thing should go away. Or actually it DID go away except that you resurrected it out of old news.

Desantis did actually call them 'jack--ses', but that gets lost in the hype to make him into a Nazi. It's more fun to play 'gotcha' and make him look like a Nazi, as actor Ron Perlman has called him a Nazi and Florida politician Nikki Fried compared him to Hitler.

Upvote 0