• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Having difficulty accepting Gods love

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, not only that but I hope they don't win by thinking they can continue what they're doing. I've heard way to many incidents like this on the news where women have been held in someone's home against their will for months or years at a time. It's only when those people are caught that they stop abducting/imprisoning women for their own purposes.

You are right. I do not believe they will do it to anyone else but I cant be sure. The police are aware of them and I have sent a police report for them.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are right. I do not believe they will do it to anyone else but I cant be sure. The police are aware of them and I have sent a police report for them.
From what I have seen, the odds are that they WILL do this again with someone else.

PLEASE tell both your parents and the police EVERYTHING that happened.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From what I have seen, the odds are that they WILL do this again with someone else.

PLEASE tell both your parents and the police EVERYTHING that happened.
Thank you for this Dave. I will have to do that I feel. It will be hard. Particularly telling my parents. My parents are very sensitive.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It will be hard. Particularly telling my parents. My parents are very sensitive.
My prayers are with you as you prepare for that. Also that God would be with your parents to prepare them for the difficult news.

It may be helpful to write it all down and read thru it several times to make sure nothing was left out. Then give a copy to your parents and to the police.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My prayers are with you as you prepare for that. Also that God would be with your parents to prepare them for the difficult news.

It may be helpful to write it all down and read thru it several times to make sure nothing was left out. Then give a copy to your parents and to the police.
Thank you for explaining that. I can surely try that. My parents will be very upset but it is probably good for them to know.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for explaining that. I can surely try that. My parents will be very upset but it is probably good for them to know.

It's very possible that telling them (and others) about it will help you as well. Going through the experience you went through and keeping it to yourself will not help you heal. I know the police have already been informed, but telling people who actually care about you helps a lot. Trust me. I think the title of this thread is an example of what can happen when you keep it all inside.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's very possible that telling them (and others) about it will help you as well. Going through the experience you went through and keeping it to yourself will not help you heal. I know the police have already been informed, but telling people who actually care about you helps a lot. Trust me. I think the title of this thread is an example of what can happen when you keep it all inside.
You are right Aldebaran. I will think of how I can tell them.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You have had an extremely traumatic experience. Generally some good third party counsel can be very helpful. It takes time to unravel truth from lies, for severely damaged emotions and experiences to become worked through and better resolved. That will be a journey. A suitable traveling companion can be invaluable. Sometimes even life saving.

Meantime, what ever you think or feel, you are being held within Jesus' loving embrace, fully and unconditionally accepted, never blamed nor judged.

Bless you
John
NZ

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have had an extremely traumatic experience. Generally some good third party counsel can be very helpful. It takes time to unravel truth from lies, for severely damaged emotions and experiences to become worked through and better resolved. That will be a journey. A suitable traveling companion can be invaluable. Sometimes even life saving.

Meantime, what ever you think or feel, you are being held within Jesus' loving embrace, fully and unconditionally accepted, never blamed nor judged.

Bless you
John
NZ
Thank you so much Johnnz :)

Upvote 0