• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Have to quit my job. Im disappointed

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems like no matter how hard i try. I feel like im just not meant to succeed. So i got off work and had a slew of messages from my brother saying how my grandma ( also baby sitter ) was gone.

She said she didnt want to baby sit anymore. Its too far out ( she stays 40ish minutes away from me bur when i asked hee abt this she said it was ok and that when she was working with my aunt she would drive past my house. So i said ok.) Shes working with my aunt again so shw has money.

As soon as i came home she was gone. Now i have to tell my job i quit bc i cant find daycare in such short notice. My dad wont do it. He complains even watching them for a second. I tried to get my daughter's dad to watch them and he did it for one day before flaking out and i almost lost my job. Brother cant do it bc its too much for him.

Then it takes. 30 days for gov daycare to get set up. My parents kept telling me how ill never live with myself or shouldnt be able to if the kids get molested or abused. Im doing the wrong thing by trying to move out and i should focus on school...

But i dont trust my family at all now. I feel even doing school. Something would happen as well.

I dont think God likes me much at all. I was just thanking him for this job and now its gone. Just like that. I loved it. It was easy. All i wanted to do was move out and get out of this toxic environment. Now i have to listen toy parents crap.

I remember my aunt saying how she had a dream of my mom getting her money ( she got in an accident and is now settling) and all her yrs of hard work will be like a thing of the past..

And im just here like.. What abt me? Im trying to work and get away from my toxic family.. Idk why i cant escape. Idk why God isnt telling me what to do

I feel like he doesnt care at all.

Simple things never align for me like they do other. Simple things like getting a place or a car or a job for me is like spiritual warefare... When its so simple for other.. Like a snap of the finger.

It takes heaven and earth to be moved for ONE simple thing to go right.

Yeah God doesnt care. He cares more abt my mom and other toxic family it seems.

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Seems like no matter how hard i try. I feel like im just not meant to succeed. So i got off work and had a slew of messages from my brother saying how my grandma ( also baby sitter ) was gone.

She said she didnt want to baby sit anymore. Its too far out ( she stays 40ish minutes away from me bur when i asked hee abt this she said it was ok and that when she was working with my aunt she would drive past my house. So i said ok.) Shes working with my aunt again so shw has money.

As soon as i came home she was gone. Now i have to tell my job i quit bc i cant find daycare in such short notice. My dad wont do it. He complains even watching them for a second. I tried to get my daughter's dad to watch them and he did it for one day before flaking out and i almost lost my job. Brother cant do it bc its too much for him.

Then it takes. 30 days for gov daycare to get set up. My parents kept telling me how ill never live with myself or shouldnt be able to if the kids get molested or abused. Im doing the wrong thing by trying to move out and i should focus on school...

But i dont trust my family at all now. I feel even doing school. Something would happen as well.

I dont think God likes me much at all. I was just thanking him for this job and now its gone. Just like that. I loved it. It was easy. All i wanted to do was move out and get out of this toxic environment. Now i have to listen toy parents crap.

I remember my aunt saying how she had a dream of my mom getting her money ( she got in an accident and is now settling) and all her yrs of hard work will be like a thing of the past..

And im just here like.. What abt me? Im trying to work and get away from my toxic family.. Idk why i cant escape. Idk why God isnt telling me what to do

Simple things never align for me like they do other. Simple things like getting a place or a car or a job for me is like spiritual warefare... When its so simple for other.. Like a snap of the finger.

:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

Jesus please help Macchiato to be able to get out of the situation they are in and prosper. Provide day care, provide better jobs, provide a car, help them keep their current job, show them that Jesus You are a God who's arm is NOT too short to save! In Jesus Name I pray Amen!

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a special kind of hell when we can't even rely on our own family to help us out. I hope and pray they will let you stay there to live at least. Maybe you could have a meeting with your family and explain how important having the job is and that you would really appreciate them helping? I'm sure you've spoken to them before but maybe try again? How old are your kids?
I was just thanking him for this job and now its gone. Just like that. I loved it.

Yeah it really is demoralizing and debilitating when we think we are on board with God's plan for us and then things go the opposite direction. Makes trusting and abiding in Him difficult (needlessly?). Will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a special kind of hell when we can't even rely on our own family to help us out. I hope and pray they will let you stay there to live at least. Maybe you could have a meeting with your family and explain how important having the job is and that you would really appreciate them helping? I'm sure you've spoken to them before but maybe try again? How old are your kids?

Yeah it really is demoralizing and debilitating when we think we are on board with God's plan for us and then things go the opposite direction. Makes trusting and abiding in Him difficult (needlessly?). Will be praying for you.

Right its very demoralizing. Its like Im doing my best to be independent and have my own bc when i ront my mom amd dad complain they dont want to take care of me or tell me to come get my kids but when i try to provide for them they dont want to help me do that either. I lost my last job somewhat like this ... My dad wouldnt help me get to work but youre right it is a special kind of hell.

Idk what God wants me to do or expects of me bc i keep trying to provide for my kids and move out but every demon in hell is stopping me. I dont understand it.

So for now I just give up until God says otherwise.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You should tell your boss about your situation. Tell them you really like your job and appreciate working for them but you have to take care of your kids. I'm sure they would understand. Tell them you can come back once you get daycare sorted out? Idk best of luck you're in my prayers

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should tell your boss about your situation. Tell them you really like your job and appreciate working for them but you have to take care of your kids. I'm sure they would understand. Tell them you can come back once you get daycare sorted out? Idk best of luck you're in my prayers
Subsidized day care wouls take 30 days for me to be approved. Thats too long of a gap. Theyd hire someone else by then. Also i missed alot of days already bc my son was sick. I tried letting the dad watch the kids he flaked and i almost lost my job now this.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
May I suggest that you point out that as you have no job you have no income and say how grateful you are that they are going to pay for feeding, clothing etc you and your children.

I'm sure they would rather have your financial contributions and will do something to enable you to go back to work.

Your song is, " No child care, No Work and No money, I m flat broke! "
Repeat till they provide help.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I suggest that you point out that as you have no job you have no income and say how grateful you are that they are going to pay for feeding, clothing etc you and your children.

I'm sure they would rather have your financial contributions and will do something to enable you to go back to work.

Your song is, " No child care, No Work and No money, I m flat broke! "
Repeat till they provide help.

Well... My mom said she and my brother. Will watch my kids. She kinda volunteered my brother..and she works long hours so i feel this is going to fall through.

She even said we'll see how it goes.

Im worried im going to have to quit down the line.

My job is keeping me sane.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She kinda volunteered my brother

When I was a teenager I did a paper round 6 days delivering daily papers. I was paid one amount for doing the job, but a second amount equal to half the first if I did all six days.
It made me very reliable.

Use this technique with your brother.
He will get one third of the normal childcare rate for doing the job, but an extra two thirds if you have no call outs, no unchanged babies, no under or dirty children.

Explain you are paying for " Child Care " no care no pay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
All i can say is that you are not alone.

Many of us have crosses to bear in this life. It can be extremely difficult.

Be strong. Stay close to God no matter what happens. Never give up on God. Offer up your sufferings to him. Pour out your heart to him.

I pray that God will wrap His loving arms around you and guide you to happiness in life.

Trust in God my friend.

God bless you

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

Be strong. Stay close to God no matter what happens. Never give up on God. Offer up your sufferings to him. Pour out your heart to him.

I pray that God will wrap His loving arms around you and guide you to happiness in life.

Trust in God my friend.

God bless you
Amen

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Trust in God my friend.

God bless you

Thank you this was the sweetest message Ive got.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was a teenager I did a paper round 6 days delivering daily papers. I was paid one amount for doing the job, but a second amount equal to half the first if I did all six days.
It made me very reliable.

Use this technique with your brother.
He will get one third of the normal childcare rate for doing the job, but an extra two thirds if you have no call outs, no unchanged babies, no under or dirty children.

Explain you are paying for " Child Care " no care no pay.

Yeah. My mom said she'd help and my brother too but she previously said watching both my kids were too much for him and I know it can be. Then she works nights and my dad likes to argue with my brother and i just dont want my brother to be miserable while watching them. I also didnt forget how my mom left my daughter in a poopy diaper bc she was mad at me.

So idk. My mom said lets just see how it goes and I truly dont want to stop working. I love everyone Ivr met and working is like a free anti depressant for me. Im happy at work. We'll see what happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. My mom said she'd help and my brother too but she previously said watching both my kids were too much for him and I know it can be. Then she works nights and my dad likes to argue with my brother and i just dont want my brother to be miserable while watching them. I also didnt forget how my mom left my daughter in a poopy diaper bc she was mad at me.

So idk. My mom said lets just see how it goes and I truly dont want to stop working. I love everyone Ivr met and working is like a free anti depressant for me. Im happy at work. We'll see what happens.

If you adopt my suggestion, don't just rely on people's selective memories.
Type out, write out the terms for payment, spelling out what you expect and what will cause penalties.
Then stick them to the door of your/children's room, to the fridge, send as texts to there phone and verbally remind them before going to work.
If you invoke a penalty write it on the notice, email, text etc to everyone with a statement of what you will pay.

Suggestion maybe a sliding scale so a Monday failure doesn't totally demotivate them to care for the rest of the week!

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you adopt my suggestion, don't just rely on people's selective memories.
Type out, write out the terms for payment, spelling out what you expect and what will cause penalties.
Then stick them to the door of your/children's room, to the fridge, send as texts to there phone and verbally remind them before going to work.
If you invoke a penalty write it on the notice, email, text etc to everyone with a statement of what you will pay.

Suggestion maybe a sliding scale so a Monday failure doesn't totally demotivate them to care for the rest of the week!
Lol my mom wont listen to all that. She really has no respect for me. Anyway my job changed hrs so im working more i dony think ill be able to keep working anyway.

Upvote 0