• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Have any of you ever met in person?

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by quatona, Dec 11, 2005.

1. b*unique

b*unique Guest

+0
    I talked to some on the phone,and met a few.

Not sure how would such gettogether work..but I guess,you go some lengths to meet the feisty Adyia^_^

:runs to hide:

2. franklin

franklin Sexed up atheism = Pantheism

+218
    Atheist
    Private
    I would be especially honored to meet with doubtingmerle.

3. Lanakila

Lanakila Not responsible for the changes here.

+208
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    I have met a few of the posters on this forum and another forum in person. Meeting them has been a mostly positive experience for me.

4. quatona

quatona "God"? What do you mean??

+4,114
    Seeker
    Hey, how did you find out?
    But, shhhh, please keep it a secret! (But I´m sure you won´t go around and post it on an internet message board) :D

:)
    Actually it is a trinity: The real life klaus (sort of like beyond your comprehension :D), online-klaus and online-quatona.

To avoid confusion on part of some particularly suspicious persons: online-klaus and online-quatona don´t know about each other and have never met.

5. quatona

+4,114
    Seeker
    All those jumping kawaii emoticons - that´s worse than shouting it through a megaphone! :blush: ;)

6. b*unique

b*unique Guest

+0

LOL!!!
    you dumb thing
    your sound file!!!

well for me it was one post,with your love for words,and as confirmation,one look at your signature^_^
    but it was fun to pretend i dont know
    and let you know slowly i know your secret^_^

oh and there is a trinity
    what about that YWGMSNH guy:p:p:p

7. quatona

+4,114
    Seeker
    :blush: You know, I´m not made for acting secretly. I´m the kind of guy, whom spy movies and such are completely lost on: After five minutes already I am completely confused, as to who belongs to whom, has which agenda, tries to hide what from whom for which reason etc.

;)
    :idea: There´s a question waiting for you. Since you are so darn bloody smart, can you guess which it is? :cool:

:idea:
    Geeze! Honestly: I had completely forgotten about him myself. Really. (His name was YWGWYS, btw.)

8. quatona

+4,114
    Seeker
    See, that´s exactly what I mean! I keep spending days and nights looking for a seemingly harmless way of getting a particular person into my web, decide that creating this thread would be the clever way to go - and:
    Everyone sees through it immediately. :mad:

9. b*unique

b*unique Guest

+0
    well
    you know drinking problem..you were warned once before by great johnsebs? i think;)

i will answer you then,ok,yes,I will

ROTF!!!!!you forgot one part of your trinity!!!no wonder you have trouble
    understanding it!

10. b*unique

b*unique Guest

+0
    lol
    thats GA for you:p

11. quatona

+4,114
    Seeker
    :D Why is it I get the impression you are trying hard to ruin even the last bit of good reputation I have here? ^_^

12. MQTA

MQTA Irregular Member Supporter

+1,100
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    yeah, some people are more scary here than any other forum I've ever been on!

I wouldn't mind meeting a few people though... Charlie V is a possibility, we live close enough. I'm sure there's more around these parts though. I'm surprised I don't know anyone offline who's even heard of this site.

13. ""

"" Well-Known Member

+1,077
    Non-Denom
    Private
    If I had your phone number I'd probably call you secretly and ask for strange things. "Hi, this is your neighbor, could I borrow a couple of eggs from you?" and if you said yes, I'd say great, I'm on the way over. Then hang up and leave you wondering why I never came. :p Of course, my real hope would be that you'd walk to your neighbors with 2 eggs in hand, offering them. ^_^ One can dream right? No harm in a little bit of silly fun.

Yes, feisty me. That's me... but great lengths? It's just a hop across the pond, unless of course you brought your broomstick? I'm afraid that a yellow brick road is out of the question, so you'll have to fly or swim. I would meet you in person though, and I'd bring a camera, along with a friend. I'm not so sure that I trust you yet, as you seem to have so many online personas going for you, that I never know which one is truly you, but such is the case with a few people on CF, excluding myself. ;) I have no time for alternate personalities, but if I did, you can bet they'd be very colorful. I'd meet you at the airport with a friend and a camera in hand though. Just say when.

No need to hide. I only bite if there's chocolate involved.

14. b*unique

b*unique Guest

+0
    you dont need me for that :eek:

hmm your crush on Adyia seems to be ignored..she replied to me :eek:
    instead of you ^_^

oh you may just be a hopeles case..destined to dream of girls :p

15. hordeprime

hordeprime God loves Atheists.

+69
    Atheist
    I was contacted by the poster chadlovesjesus because we had a spirited discussion and he was interested in meeting some real life atheists.

We both live in So. CA, and I organize a small atheist discussion group in my area. We have been planning to hook up w/ the local UU church, but I've been too busy this last year to get an outreach campaign off the ground. And so I told him I wasn't available.

Hopefully I can remedy that and get back to him someday.

16. Hollip05

Hollip05 Well-Known Member

+81
    Christian
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    no i havent n i wouldnt want 2 i dnt trust any1 i learnt that coz ive bin hurt its nice 2 tlk2 ppl online but meet up wiv dem big no no soz!

17. Hollip05

Hollip05 Well-Known Member

+81
    Christian
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    i hope i havent offended any1 on here im sorryif i have

18. franklin

franklin Sexed up atheism = Pantheism

+218
    Atheist
    Private
    Maybe you should print up some flyers and pass them out in your neighborhood then.

:cool:

19. winglovesall

winglovesall Well-Known Member

+118
    Christian
    Private
    I met my best friend - well, he invited me onto CF but other than that, I won't be meeting anyone on CF probably until January

20. MQTA

MQTA Irregular Member Supporter

+1,100
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    ROTFL. yeah, right. Would you do that?

I used to be the only one I knew who even knew the word modem, much less had one. When my niece got online, then my brother, and then nephews, I knew it was all over. Now everyone's online! I don't run into them, they don't run into me, much better that way.

OTOH, it would be real funny to find out someone online is on a same system, finding out who each other were would be quite interesting.

I stopped talking to family/friends/coworkers about these topics as I started finding people online who were talking about them, and interested in talking about them.

But it sure has helped me talk to those few who can now no longer tell me things I'm not familiar with or can easily check out. A lot of them have backed off and some have walked away with their tail between their legs.

:groupray: