Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe any of you exist, so of course I can't meet you in person. ;)

Actually, between the high cost of gas and having an extremely busy job, the only way I could go to a meetup would be if it were on a non-weekend day within two hours of me. So I doubt it'll ever happen as long as I work in my current job.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rae said:
I don't believe any of you exist, so of course I can't meet you in person. ;)

Why are you speaking to yourself? Or myself? Or usself? Gosh, solipsism is confusing.

Upvote 0

Kathleen111

Veteran
Jul 25, 2004
NYC
✟1,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
quatona said:
I have seen you mentioning some calamities you went through, but I don´t know the whole story, which you seem to be referring to here.
Glad to hear everythings getting better for you! :hug:

Yup. :)

Well, we'd have quite a band going on. I don't know why but I always tend to find the musicians, hehe. Share a tough life, and you got to be real tough for that to work, practice, work some more, at a loss, and get back on the road. The door is open here if you need a place to stay in NYC to perform. NYC is a blend of business people and artists that keep the business people human.

I was in 9/11 at the WTC, lost just about everyone and everything, and almost died. Then my Dad died and my brother died. Came here just about ready to pull the trigger. I'm going out tonight. First time in years as a practice run before I leave to see a musician friend of mine play. Music is very inspiring in as many ways as the musician is for just still being sane and humane in that hardcore life.

Upvote 0

joebudda

Mar 10, 2004
Off The Grid
✟25,919.00
Faith
Atheist
Kathleen111 said:
Well, we'd have quite a band going on. I don't know why but I always tend to find the musicians, hehe. Share a tough life, and you got to be real tough for that to work, practice, work some more, at a loss, and get back on the road. The door is open here if you need a place to stay in NYC to perform. NYC is a blend of business people and artists that keep the business people human.

I was in 9/11 at the WTC, lost just about everyone and everything, and almost died. Then my Dad died and my brother died. Came here just about ready to pull the trigger. I'm going out tonight. First time in years as a practice run before I leave to see a musician friend of mine play. Music is very inspiring in as many ways as the musician is for just still being sane and humane in that hardcore life.
Well I am grateful you are still here. There is still so much more to do. ;)

Music is the language of emotion. So I too became a musician.

Here is one of my songs with me playing guitar and singing.

Upvote 0

Natro

Agnostic Atheist
Nov 16, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟12,143.00
Faith
Atheist
Osel said:
I've not met anyone from CF... yet. I'm kind of isolated out here in the wild, wild west.
spider.jpg
Yeah sometimes its hard living out in the west.

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
No, I am just waiting for myself or somebody to do a regular visit to where we live (not specificly for me or them, but for someone else, we just tag along once there)... but that could be years before anything happens.

Its hard for an 18 year old to arrange a trip half way around the world or anything

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
No, Ive never met anyone on here. Ive become friends with some of them, but meeting them is just kinda scary to me. :o
This whole online thing scares me sometimes, not sure who I can trust and who I can't. :scratch:
We'll see how it all turns out, Im still pretty new here.;)

MissyA

Upvote 0

Danhalen

Healing
Feb 13, 2005
Ohio
✟18,099.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Btodd said:
Apparently the psychology thing has fallen through, and he wants a head start on becoming a televangelist.:D
I guess you gotta know what your good at.

I am laughing at the thought of him being a televangelist. "Brothers and Sisters, we are gathered here today to give thanks to this vague theistic force which binds the universe together and some of us like to call JESUS! Can I get an AMEN!!! Now dig in real deep into your pockets to give true thanks to this binding force which offers salvation to all, regardless of their ideologies, for there is no greater way to show your thanks to the great unknown than to dote upon it with monetary suffering!!! AMEN!!!"

The offeratory begins with a song from an indy punk band. The plates to put your money on have Keirkegaard's face painted on them. The ushers are forced to skip down the aisles. It's a fun service actually. Sign me up.

Reactions: Received
Upvote 0

Btodd

Oct 7, 2003
✟20,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Danhalen said:
I guess you gotta know what your good at.

I am laughing at the thought of him being a televangelist. "Brothers and Sisters, we are gathered here today to give thanks to this vague theistic force which binds the universe together and some of us like to call JESUS! Can I get an AMEN!!! Now dig in real deep into your pockets to give true thanks to this binding force which offers salvation to all, regardless of their ideologies, for there is no greater way to show your thanks to the great unknown than to dote upon it with monetary suffering!!! AMEN!!!"

The offeratory begins with a song from an indy punk band. The plates to put your money on have Keirkegaard's face painted on them. The ushers are forced to skip down the aisles. It's a fun service actually. Sign me up.

LOL. Yeah, but you'd see him adopt the Hell thing pretty quickly, I think...."You mean I'm ALREADY saved? Nah, I think I'll keep my money then."

Btodd

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
There are a couple people wouldn't mind meeting but see no real reason too. I guess I consider internet relationships to be on the internet and don't really see a reason to meet someone in person. If there was some sort of formal gathering for the board I suppose I would consider it but I consider the internet another world really.

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
quatona said:
I mean, after you met here on GA?
And particularly christians and nonchristians?

I am member of another huge (also american based, but music related) message and discussion board, and occasionally members who frequent the off-topic section (politics, religion, personal matters etc.) organize meetings.
The european faction has had two meetings (in Brussels and Amsterdam), to which even some americans came over. We had a great time together, and it was interesting to get to know those virtual identities in person.

I can honestly say there are a few people I wouldn't mind meeting for lunch/coffee and have a time of just enjoying each others company. It might be a great time to have some laughs about all the topics and discussions. However, there are some here I find kind of scary too. I'll pass on meeting with those dudes. And dudet's . :cool:

Upvote 0

sparklecat

Senior Contributor
Nov 29, 2003
✟10,001.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, we didn't originally meet on CF, but another poster and I met online and started planning to meet up in person while I was still a Christian and he an atheist. We now live together.

There's one other poster here that I met while I was a Christian and he an atheist, but again, didn't meet on CF.

Upvote 0
B

b*unique

CSMR said:
First I got your gender wrong. Now I have just realized that you are Klaus! You and Klaus are both great and I am sorry there is only one of you. But at least we have not lost Klaus altogether. Now I can't find I can reconcile your words with a German accent, whereas with Klaus it was easy. But that is no problem. I believe it is like the Trinity with you and Klaus, but with two persons instead of three. One essence, two manifestations.

oh there is 3 ^_^

KLAUS!!the secret is out!!!
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0