Have any of you ever met in person?

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I mean, after you met here on GA?
And particularly christians and nonchristians?

I am member of another huge (also american based, but music related) message and discussion board, and occasionally members who frequent the off-topic section (politics, religion, personal matters etc.) organize meetings.
The european faction has had two meetings (in Brussels and Amsterdam), to which even some americans came over. We had a great time together, and it was interesting to get to know those virtual identities in person.

Edited to add: This thread was originally posted in General Apologitics and directed particularly to the persons who hang out there frequently (and I was particularly interested in personal interactions between christians and non-christians). A moderator found it appropriate to move it here. Just in case you wonder, why a guy who has never been in "friendship" before asks this question here... :)

Kathleen111

Veteran
Jul 25, 2004
NYC
✟1,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, I haven't. I probably would. The members here have been really really good to me so yes, I think I'd like that a lot. I'm not afraid anymore. Wow! When did that happen? Cool. Whatever fear I had when I got here about making new friends after losing so many all at once seems to have passed. I have talked with people on the phone and that was real progress too. I don't want to lose anymore friends, but it's like I really do miss having an active with many fruitful and meaningful partnerships life. And I'm actually going on a trip. First time since the big one. I may just have a life again soon. Thanks CF!

quatona, are you a musician?

Reactions: praying
Upvote 0

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Kathleen111 said:
No, I haven't. I probably would. The members here have been really really good to me so yes, I think I'd like that a lot. I'm not afraid anymore. Wow! When did that happen? Cool. Whatever fear I had when I got here about making new friends after losing so many all at once seems to have passed. I have talked with people on the phone and that was real progress too. I don't want to lose anymore friends, but it's like I really do miss having an active with many fruitful and meaningful partnerships life. And I'm actually going on a trip. First time since the big one. I may just have a life again soon. Thanks CF!
I have seen you mentioning some calamities you went through, but I don´t know the whole story, which you seem to be referring to here.
Glad to hear everythings getting better for you! :hug:

Kathleen111 said:
quatona, are you a musician?
Yup. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quatona

May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
reina23 said:
Same with me. And why? Because you never know for sure if you can trust someone online..
Not to question your feelings, but it didn´t take much trust to meet a group of people in a public place. What would I have to have been afraid of, in your opinion?
All the persons turned out to be easily reconcilable with the idea I had of them from the conversations on the board.

Upvote 0

Asar'el

Jun 3, 2004
Christchurch, NZ
✟2,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you're asking, did anyone arrange to meet in person (and done it)... to which the answer would be no.

But, I mean, how would you know if you ran into someone from CF out there in the real world? I don't normally carry a sign that says "CF: Asar'el" on me when I go out :)

Who knows? We may be bumping (RL) into our virtual selves all the time!

Reactions: SH89
Upvote 0

sethad

I'm not [senDing sublimInal messagEs!]
Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
✟54,022.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Asar'el said:
I guess you're asking, did anyone arrange to meet in person (and done it)... to which the answer would be no.

But, I mean, how would you know if you ran into someone from CF out there in the real world? I don't normally carry a sign that says "CF: Asar'el" on me when I go out :)

Who knows? We may be bumping (RL) into our virtual selves all the time!

there's a wierd thought...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Btodd

Oct 7, 2003
✟20,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Received said:
It would be fun. You know, get together with Btodd and Danhalen and pic their wallets...

I'll slip you a tab of LSD and watch the fireworks.

"John, Kierkegaard is NOT in the room! Get it together, man....you're freakin' me out!":D

And other such hilarities.

Btodd

Upvote 0

Received

True love waits in haunted attics
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟38,594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude, I promise -- the one thing you don't want to see in your life is me on a hallucinogin or a stimulant. Most people think I'm addicted to one of the two already...

And I'm still down with the Tool get together. I think we should just have a huge GA Tool get-together. That would be an interesting experience. I'm sure UMP is their biggest fan.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
reina23 said:
Same with me. And why? Because you never know for sure if you can trust someone online..

That's a good idea for a 16 year old girl.

However, I met the woman who is now my wife online, so I wouldn't make that an absolute rule for all ages.

Reactions: AirPo
Upvote 0

CSMR

Totally depraved
Nov 6, 2003
Oxford, UK & Princeton, USA
Visit site
✟3,466.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
quatona said:
All the persons turned out to be easily reconcilable with the idea I had of them from the conversations on the board.
First I got your gender wrong. Now I have just realized that you are Klaus! You and Klaus are both great and I am sorry there is only one of you. But at least we have not lost Klaus altogether. Now I can't find I can reconcile your words with a German accent, whereas with Klaus it was easy. But that is no problem. I believe it is like the Trinity with you and Klaus, but with two persons instead of three. One essence, two manifestations.

Upvote 0