Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since it's getting cold, I live in Oregon and it's rainy too, I have an assortment of adorable little hats for Luke's head. UNFORTUNATELY, Luke has other ideas about these hats.

Any good tricks for getting them to keep their hats on? He's eight months old and HATES hates, but the one which works the best is one that goes under the chin and fastens, it's blue with a little fleece top notch, though he STILL manages to get it off!:confused:

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I had the very same problem with my boys when they were young...they never left them on. So I would settle for them leaving the hat on from the house to the car and the car to the store (or wherever we were going). This seemed to work for a time...then they got older and decided they didn't like hats at all and would take them off as soon as I put them on.

Upvote 0

Athaliamum

Torah Submissive
Sep 18, 2006
Australia
✟16,991.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Make the hat a game rather than simply functional. If you can get a hat that can stretch like a bennie that would be good. Put it on their head and get them to play peek-a-boo with it, then it becomes a toy and not so "evil".

Another thing too, is do you wear a hat? It's easier to get kids to do things if they're modeled. Mum and dad harping about wearing a hat might fall flat if neither of them wear one themselves.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that I have done, is continue to put the hat back on. Here in Australia it is absolutely essential to wear hats through the summer. The part of Australia I'm in you really need a beanie (winter hat) early in the morning.

I also think if you settle for hats outside, but let him take it off in the car, don't make it an issue, just put the hat back on when you go to take him out of the car seat. Also the age he is at, it's probably a thrill that he can take it off and he wants to play with it. Maybe if you put a hat on his head and then one he can play with, might work.

Upvote 0