Hate Against Islam

ZSS

May 1, 2010
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found this video and I would have to agree to it. Islam is being violently hated on by the world thanks to the media.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpcJLo_q8lQ

I think its been blown out of proportion. Jesus teaches to love and to respect one another and here you have people being unethically racist to Muslims.

For those that don't know, Muslims believe in Jesus as the son of the Virgin Mary and also believe that He will come back one day.

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't call it hate, but more along the lines of misguided. Sure allot of people believe that all Muslims are evil, or that Islam is a violent religion based on a few verses from the Holy Qur'an or Hadiths.

It's a matter of education and allowing one's ego to not get in the way, in order for this fear to go away.

Upvote 0

radennis0

Sep 30, 2010
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Qur'an (5:51) "O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust."

King of Sprites: Do you agree with this? I ask in relation to your stating that befriending a Muslim would be the best friendship. I am not against befriending anyone of any religion or culture, as Isa commanded us to go among the Gentiles and baptize them. Also, the Injil narrates how there were people of all of the nations, including Arabs at the Pentecost.

Reactions: cradleGO
Upvote 0

chelsea89

Sep 20, 2011
United States
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Qur'an (5:51) "O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust."

King of Sprites: Do you agree with this? I ask in relation to your stating that befriending a Muslim would be the best friendship. I am not against befriending anyone of any religion or culture, as Isa commanded us to go among the Gentiles and baptize them. Also, the Injil narrates how there were people of all of the nations, including Arabs at the Pentecost.

Anything taken out of context can be made to mean anything. Look up Christian vs Muslim debates on youtube, the deen show for Christian converts, or Jeff Langleys conversion. 2 billion people arent following a religion of hate my friend. As we say every greeting Asalaam Aliekum or PEACE be upon you.

Upvote 0

Nox617

Nov 12, 2011
Usa
✟15,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all, ALL Religions get hated on. Many people hate and make fun of Christianity, but I don't cry over it because people are allowed to have their opinions. Second, I wish people would stop blaming the media. Some people DO know stuff about Islam and are still against it's teachings.

Upvote 0

Crujir

SCHWAN MAN HUNGRY!
Nov 12, 2005
Roseburg, Oregon
✟33,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The media blows everything up in order to make people angry or excited. Anything to get some attention/money.

I'd take just about everything you hear from the media with a grain of salt. You know who Fred Phelps is? Let me give you a hint: http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

Yeah. That guy and his "church." Gets people to look at Christians in funny ways, when really he's just a bad seed ruining the image of Christ for as many people as possible. I think the same thing is possible with any belief system.

It doesn't matter whether I share the same belief system as someone else. Any single person can be violent regardless of what they believe, and any one of those can attach God, or Allah, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster to their actions. A few psychotic Muslims can make the whole world think that they're all crazy, just like people from the Crusades make Christians look just as bad.

Nox is right when she says all religions get hated on. People have a right to their opinion, and, like it or not, we generally have to respect that if we want any respect for ourselves when we are expressing our own opinions.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rather than always blaming others, we need to "cast the beam out of your own eye first", as God says. The media reports what is so often evident ---things taught in the Islamic literature about harsh treatment to all who are not Muslims; some Mosques that have been found sending support to Islamic hate groups in other countries; the Moslem terrorists who are not soundly condemned by other Moslems, and tolerated by such as Pakastan; etc. I believe the Moslems in the USA are generally allowed, like all other religions (with a certain amount of criticisim to us), but we all need to project a Godly spirit of tolerance and love in our religion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xBladesx

May 18, 2005
✟21,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have been friends with many Muslims
Most of this hype about them being terrorists and militant is due to the media

Yes many of them are, but they are still a small minority of the worldwide Islam faith.
Of all the muslims I met, not one of them wanted to blow me up. put a bomb in my car, kill me or have any prejudice against me what so ever

Also I have shared my Faith in The Lord with some of them and not one disrespected what I believed.

We can't dis an entire faith for the faults of a few especially as Christian who say we love The Lord

Upvote 0

rossignol

Feb 18, 2012
✟7,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know a lot of Muslims and have had very real conversations with them about God and religion. They're not very different than Christians. My old boss and me had conversations and I know he prayed to the same God as me. I couldn't believe when I read the Koran how similar it was to the Bible.

The growth of hatred against them is because of a few using the faith to justify their actions. People use Christianity in the same way.

I started a small experiment so that I could walk in the shoes of them and see how people were viewed first hand. One night I wore cloth covering my head and went to the corner store. I went in, grabbed some nuts and went up to the counter to pay and the attendant told me I stole. I asked if he saw me and he said yes. He made me empty my pockets without saying sorry when he found nothing.

Another time I wore something to fully cover my head and mouth. The bus driver was overly friendly to me. People looked at me but no one wanted to be close to me.

I don't think people are all that different from one another and it saddens me when we can't relate because of fear or misguided anger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

jcyami27

Jul 28, 2008
South Sulawesi
✟15,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I live in the biggest Muslim country in the world, and when I was child and school in public school I had been used to bully by other child whose Muslim because I am Christian. When I am growing up and my age now, I just see them as lost souls that need grace of God to accept Jesus as The Only One Savior.

I have many Muslims friends on college and now, at work. My duty is to be salt and light to them. It's not easy, because for me, some of them has good ethic and morally. I just trying not be a stumbling block to them in all I say and do.

Shortly, just see Islam/muslim not as enemy, because our truly enemy is Devil and the evil spirit in the air that still control their body. They just need grace, just we all here.
Please pray for them, because I do it too.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup: Our true enemy IS Satan! Does it matter what another believes if it isn't in Jesus? I talk with those of the Islamic faith about the LOVE of the God Almighty. Being able to explain how GOD ALMIGHTY is not 3 gods is important imo. (I share with how they are a wife/husband a mother/father and a daughter/son but aren't 3 people.)

Be well!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly there is a difference between one who is reared in and practices Islam and does not know any better (as in all religions in the world), and one who embraces it and supports the violence and hatred toward all others, which is being allowed by most Islamic people. We need to make this distinction.

It is most unacceptable that the Islamic religion does not speak against the violence, and it often appears it secretly approves of their desire to exterminate all other beliefs, by comments made by their clerics. It is really not tolerant of other beliefs. It brings down condemnation on them by their silent approval, and some mosques reportedly often send support to some people for violent causes.

The Islamic religion is very contrary to Christianity in beliefs and practices, as are we toward them, and we cannot speak well of it ---but we must love all souls, as God does. We need to preach the hope of the world in Jesus Christ, and not act in hatred like other religious people. We should not wage a campaign against religions, for the Holy Bible shows us that is not approved by God, but we need to exalt the one Creator-God and His beloved Son --the Lord Jesus Christ.

God loves sinners (which all mankind is by our fallen nature in the very beginning), but He hates sin. God will judge the hearts of all men, whether they are upright or evil. We can discern evil and sin and separate from it, but we are not called to be the judges of the motives of mankind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tornero

Dieu et mon droit
Jan 28, 2013
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am a Muslim, and I am confused at the hatred toward Islam, i think it's that People only hate out of fear, fear of what they do not know.

I don't regard terrorists as Muslims, like how Christians don't regard the LRA as Christians.

To me it seems like Muslim terrorists have never even read the Quran or know of what the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) said, as any acts of unkindness or harming innocents is completely forbidden (read signature for good quote), let alone suicide. I have no idea where these idiots get this idea from.

Hate against Islam has been promoted by the media greatly, and by a lot of church authorities. People are told to hate Islam when they know nothing about it. The media focuses and distorts what's going on in the middle east, 99% of the conflicts are political matters. Even though Europe went through a stage of what the middle east is going through at one point.

Don't judge a religion by its adherents, just as you wouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Upvote 0

rossignol

Feb 18, 2012
✟7,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Torneo: I am Christian and am also confused and angered by the hatred towards Muslims. I have read a lot of the Quran and know it's very similar to our Bible. The only thing we don't agree on is that Jesus is the Son of God, like the Jews. But that's not important to me whether you believe or not, I believe He is and bridged a gap whether you believe or not.

I heard a Canadian documentary the other day that there were tons of bombs that went off since 911 but non of them by Muslims. People in all countries watch one group of people but violence is in all no matter nationality or religion.

I agree that Muslims who follow the Quran like Christians who follow the Bible and God wouldn't have violence in their hearts. Unfortunately people use religion and twist it to justify their own means.

I am frustrated with the divide amongst religions and within religion. I believe we all started with the same thing, God and love one another. How we got so complicated is something that I don't care to understand right now. I know I love God, my Muslim friends pray to and love the same God and the rest is trivial.

Just a side note. It's interesting how the Quran's interpretation of Eve is the most woman's lib of all interpretations.

Upvote 0

galaxym1

Apr 27, 2013
✟7,627.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

brother redennis,

Arabic language is a very rich language, so there is a chance for some translation errors. The proper translation would look like this:

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

Every verse, or group of verses come in an occasion that happened during the time of prophet Muahmmed (peace be upon him). This came because at the time of Gazwa Uhud (The battle of Uhud), some Muslims got frightened and they escaped, and became allies with Christians and Jews.

Note that verse didn't speak about all Christians, and all Jews. This verse tells us a fact that is happening nowadays. USA has made alliances with Israel which supported Israel occupation for Palestinians lands. Unfortunately, few Arab countries, which are supposed to be Islamic countries have allowed USA to construct military bases in their lands, but USA is an ally with Israel, and Israel is killing Palestinians, and putting them in jail. As a Muslim I will be fool if I agree with the policies of USA because I will be assisting in killing my Muslim brothers in Palestine. Muslims should make alliance with Muslims

I have no problem to work, trade, eat,...etc. with Christian, or Jew. I will treat you politely. I will not harm you, and you don't harm me. On the other hand, I will not agree with your believes or your religious customs. For me, a true Muslim who does't read and write is much better than a non-Muslim professor. May Allah accepts my work. May Allah grants you Hidaya.

Last edited:
Upvote 0