Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hmm... I have meetings with people at my work - from home... behind closed doors in my house.. Or... is that not possible in your view?
If they were at your house why did you need to Zoom?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let’s assume, for the sake of the aluminum foil contingent, that SCOTUS met. Even if they had a lively debate, what would make anyone think that all nine would lock step simply on orders from Justice Roberts?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The justices were each in private rooms, behind closed doors

One's staffer heard his yelling through those walls & doors

Not what the "article" claimed:

Hal, as you know I am a clerk for one of the Justices on SCOTUS. Today was like nothing we have ever seen. The justices are arguing loudly behind closed doors.

The Justices met in a closed and sealed room, as is standard.

Usually it is very calm, however today we could hear screaming all the way down the hall.

They met in person, because they didn’t trust telephonic meeting as secure.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Why are you making this up?

One's staffer heard his yelling through those walls & doors

You keep buying into the lie long after it has been debunked.... why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can certainly understand our govmts' concerns about a hostile reaction if justice holds true and President Trump continues on into his rightful 2nd term. Look at what the extremists have done for the past 4 yrs against against a sitting President of the US! It is, or at least was, unfathomable before all of the sabotages, slander, fake news, and general open hostilities, including those riots which were a faction of the liberal agenda. But now, I am ashamed to mention what the citizenry of our great nation are now capable and willing to do. Marshall Law has its place. In combat if a subordinate refuses to obey a lawful order he or she can and should be shot dead for treason as others follow if they get away with it and the mission (possibly saving thousands of lives or even ending the war) has a very high risk of or will fail.

But our govmnt should never balk at such but maintain governing control, however, and do what is right and just. Apparently, courage and righteousness is a rare characteristic of our govmnt officials these days.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I can certainly understand our govmts' concerns about a hostile reaction if justice holds true and President Trump continues on into his rightful 2nd term. Look at what the extremists have done for the past 4 yrs against against a sitting President of the US! It is, or at least was, unfathomable before all of the sabotages, slander, fake news, and general open hostilities, including those riots which were a faction of the liberal agenda. But now, I am ashamed to mention what the citizenry of our great nation are now capable and willing to do. Marshall Law has its place. In combat if a subordinate refuses to obey a lawful order he or she can and should be shot dead for treason as others follow if they get away with it and the mission (possibly saving thousands of lives or even ending the war) has a very high risk of or will fail.

But our govmnt should never balk at such but maintain governing control, however, and do what is right and just. Apparently, courage and righteousness is a rare characteristic of our govmnt officials these days.

No excuse for falling for nonsense like the OP's articles without so much as a second look.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 -- Seeing so many Christians fall for the little delusions hook, line, and sinker makes it pretty clear how few of them will be on the right side when the big one they're expecting finally comes along...

• Winner
Reactions: tripleseven
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Meaning.... the OP is nonsense.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can certainly understand our govmts' concerns about a hostile reaction if justice holds true and President Trump continues on into his rightful 2nd term. Look at what the extremists have done for the past 4 yrs against against a sitting President of the US! It is, or at least was, unfathomable before all of the sabotages, slander, fake news, and general open hostilities, including those riots which were a faction of the liberal agenda. But now, I am ashamed to mention what the citizenry of our great nation are now capable and willing to do.

I know, they have the temerity of vote our current president out. The horror.

Marshall Law has its place. In combat if a subordinate refuses to obey a lawful order he or she can and should be shot dead for treason ...

Summary execution is not something practiced in the US military. Also neither disobeying orders nor cowardice are classed as treason under the code of military justice. Though you could get your dreamt of executions as cowardice can be a capital offense but there is still the matter of a trial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How do you know what the OP posted isn't true?
Once again: The SCOTUS has not met together in person for some time now due to the Covid19 pandemic. It was impossible for them to be together behind closed doors because they have not been together closed doors or not.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Not what the "article" claimed:

Hal, as you know I am a clerk for one of the Justices on SCOTUS. Today was like nothing we have ever seen. The justices are arguing loudly behind closed doors.

The Justices met in a closed and sealed room, as is standard.

Usually it is very calm, however today we could hear screaming all the way down the hall.

They met in person, because they didn’t trust telephonic meeting as secure.

Don't worry, this lie will fade out, and be replaced by the lie that they overheard them in a video conference.

The old Trump maxim applies: "If at first your lie is shown to be false, change it slightly, and repeat it louder."

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

And Roberts was what, shouting through the wall?

Aside from the obvious issues with their not being co-located for several months, another element to not pass the sniff test is the notion that a lawyer clerking for a SCOTUS justice - arguably one of the most coveted early-career legal positions in the country would risk such a position by blabbing something like this to, of all people, a wackjob like Hal Turner.

NY Times? WaPo? Politico? NPR? Sure. Maybe even Fox.

But a holocaust denier who did two years in federal prison for threatening to kill a few judges?

I doubt it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If they were at your house why did you need to Zoom?

There are other people besides me in my house, in the report on the internet there is someone clerking for one of the justices that is reporting that information. I don't know the details for how they are holding the meeting, but I know that at home I have closed doors during meetings where I don't want noise from someone else in the house interfering with the online meeting I am in.

I don't consider what I do "impossible" to happen.

Upvote 0