Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am seeing news outlet statements about John Roberts in 2020 after Nov 3 yelling at other SCOTUS members behind closed doors telling them not to accept election cases that might cause a riot.

google "The justices are arguing loudly behind closed doors."

Supreme Court In Violent Argument Over Texas Lawsuit - Dark Outpost

And another one about Roberts in 2019 talking to a fellow Justice (Stephen Gerald Breyer) stating that they need to find ways to ensure that the blankety-blank President will not be re-elected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tucker_carlson/comments/kf56vo/in_discussing_realdonaldtrump_in_phone/

==========================

1. Roberts is of course free to not like the President and even to work politically and legally against him.
2. I don't know how accurate the news items are.

3. But if they are true - then Roberts (and possibly Breyer) should have recused himself from cases dealing with the President's election interests and should make sure all of SCOTUS knows of his bias.

4. And if the call between Roberts and Breyer did happen as reported and the content was as stated - that would mean they would both have to recuse themselves from any election-related court case they allowed SCOTUS to review in detail... to fully adjudicate .. might be an incentive for finding some other way to not have to get into that situation.

Last edited:

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am seeing news outlet statements about John Roberts in 2020 after Nov 3 yelling at other SCOTUS members behind closed doors telling them not to accept election cases that might cause a riot.

What you're seeing is called "lies."

It is physically impossible for Roberts to have done anything with the other SCOTUS justices "behind closed doors" because due to COVID, SCOTUS has not met in person since April. They hear oral arguments and deliberate via conference call.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
As was noted on a couple of other threads, SCOTUS hasn't met in person in months because of the COVID-19 pandemic so there has been no opportunity for Roberts to yell at the other justices behind closed doors.

IOW the article from your first link is an outright lie.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is physically impossible for Roberts to have done anything with the other SCOTUS justices "behind closed doors"

hmm... I have meetings with people at my work - from home... behind closed doors in my house.. Or... is that not possible in your view?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I see nothing... ???

QFT

Don’t you even read your own links from these fantasy sites ?

Direct copy paste

“The Justices met in a closed and sealed room, as is standard.

Usually it is very calm, however today we could hear screaming all the way down the hall.

They met in person, because they didn’t trust telephonic meeting as secure.”

Does that sound like a video conference ?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is no evidence that the Justices met in person.

If the only way that Roberts has to yell at other SCOTUS members is an in-person meeting... rather than over video conferencing for example... and we know his location at all times... then ... good point.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If the only way that Roberts has to yell at other SCOTUS members is an in-person meeting... rather than over video conferencing for example... and we know his location at all times... then ... good point.
The article clearly asserts that they met in a closed room, not in a video conference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
How do you know what the OP posted isn't true?
Given that SCOTUS hasn't met in person since April, how do you know it is?

Were you there when the Supreme Court justices all quietly snuck back into the Supreme Court building so Roberts could yell at them behind closed doors? Do you have video evidence?

Heck, I think there would be a whole bunch of right wing media outlets that would pay good money for that.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

google "The justices are arguing loudly behind closed doors."

And another one about Roberts in 2019 talking to a fellow Justice stating that they need to find ways to ensure that the blankety-blank President will not be re-elected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tucker_carlson/comments/kf56vo/in_discussing_realdonaldtrump_in_phone/

==========================

1. Roberts is of course free to not like the President and even to work politically and legally against him.
2. I don't know how accurate the news items are.

3. But if they are true - then Roberts should have recused himself from cases dealing with the President's election interests and should make sure all of SCOTUS knows of his bias.
I was wondering when this would come up on here. I’ve been seeing it shared on social media all week. The story falls apart immediately when you find out that the SCOTUS hasn’t met in person in months so there’s no truth to the ‘closed door secret back room meeting’ where shouting was overheard down the hall and through the walls of the building.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Because SCOTUS hasn't met in person since April -- therefore, there was no "screaming argument behind closed doors" to hear.

Haven't you been paying attention?

• Optimistic
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe they didn't. Let me ask though if they did and IF Roberts DID say what's alleged how would you feel about it?
Incredulous. I’d find it hard to believe that someone in his position would be motivated almost entirely by political ambition. After all, these aren’t politicians and that’s not the career path they chose to follow. Why they would be so caught up in affecting the outcome of an election and conspiring against one particular party or president when it really has no effect on their jobs as justices is what you’d be left with trying to explain for me to believe any of it.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because it alleges a conspiracy without any evidence. It can summarily be rejected until something, anything to confirm the story is presented.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe they didn't. Let me ask though if they did and IF Roberts DID say what's alleged how would you feel about it?

They didn't -- and the alleged "witness" claimed he heard a screaming argument behind closed doors.

Please... please... think before you fall for the next lie.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, SCOTUS has been compromised. They should all be impeached immediately. Of course, it will take some time for them to all get kicked off the bench. At LEAST 33 days. That's OK, the president at the time can just appoint a whole new set of justices.

Upvote 0