• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I may have to say this again but ... AS and Autism have nothing to do with the devils. I would call it a blessing, so would my friend who has autism. Im not saying much about him but he acts just like a regular person even though he has autism. He wouldnt cure it because he doesnt know of any other way. I also know his birth story but Im not saying it up here. I too act like a normal person and am happy to have AS. I wouldnt cure it because of what his case. I dont know my birth story. We both may be different but in one way I have empathy, empathy for people who are in deep struggles with their relationships, people who are disabled and get teased by other normal people and people who have AS or autism who are in deep financial struggle. We both have kindness for our friends and our family who love and respect us very much. I dont want to make it public but me and this friend are in a very good and healthy relationship ... I wont talk about it anymore than usual :D And in one way we kinda relate to eachother, its odd but facinating.

Good one who ever posted this 'Hello my friend, i too am an aspie. Now i can assure you that autism, or any other disease for that matter, is completely unrelated to demons. Autism has, in studies, been linked to genetics. There is as much reason to attribute AS to demons as their is to do the same to the common cold or the flu.' You deserve that praise. What they are stating is that autism or AS, it depends which is completely un-related to demons :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovedaaboo your completely right, its a blessing no matter which way you look at it. If you turn it around then you can see the positive side. Theres always a positive side to those negative things to life. If you look it that way then you realise that your right.

I may have AS but I have some friends who relate to me, a boyfriend :blush: and heaps of people around me who love me and like me. Hey I may have a few enemies but who doesnt have them???

HazelAngel
Fond believer that both Autism and Aspergers Syndrome are not related to the devils in any matter what so ever :)

Upvote 0

Lovedaaboo

Jul 31, 2009
Gothenburg
✟15,125.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I may have to say this again but ... AS and Autism have nothing to do with the devils. I would call it a blessing, so would my friend who has autism. Im not saying much about him but he acts just like a regular person even though he has autism. He wouldnt cure it because he doesnt know of any other way. I also know his birth story but Im not saying it up here. I too act like a normal person and am happy to have AS. I wouldnt cure it because of what his case. I dont know my birth story. We both may be different but in one way I have empathy, empathy for people who are in deep struggles with their relationships, people who are disabled and get teased by other normal people and people who have AS or autism who are in deep financial struggle. We both have kindness for our friends and our family who love and respect us very much. I dont want to make it public but me and this friend are in a very good and healthy relationship ... I wont talk about it anymore than usual :D And in one way we kinda relate to eachother, its odd but facinating.

Good one who ever posted this 'Hello my friend, i too am an aspie. Now i can assure you that autism, or any other disease for that matter, is completely unrelated to demons. Autism has, in studies, been linked to genetics. There is as much reason to attribute AS to demons as their is to do the same to the common cold or the flu.' You deserve that praise. What they are stating is that autism or AS, it depends which is completely un-related to demons :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovedaaboo your completely right, its a blessing no matter which way you look at it. If you turn it around then you can see the positive side. Theres always a positive side to those negative things to life. If you look it that way then you realise that your right.

I may have AS but I have some friends who relate to me, a boyfriend :blush: and heaps of people around me who love me and like me. Hey I may have a few enemies but who doesnt have them???

HazelAngel
Fond believer that both Autism and Aspergers Syndrome are not related to the devils in any matter what so ever :)

Amen sister! :amen:

Upvote 0

amberlight

Jun 8, 2009
✟7,655.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nicodemus in the Bible was arguably a man with Asperger syndrome, and became one of Jesus's followers, even being there for him at the burial. He approached Jesus away from the crowds, had a job where rules and regulations would have been very important, couldn't understand metaphors, reached for the rule book when Jesus was being tried rather than use emotional reasoning, and at the burial he turned up with 100 times more burial herbs than he needed (opps - social gaffe). If we were filled with devils, I think Jesus would have done something about him first.

Upvote 0
C

Chazemataz

It's a mental disease, it has nothing to do with supernatural beings or the Devil or Hare Krishna or Zeus.
Talk to a medical professional about this. I cannot believe how irresponsibly some people are acting in telling you that this is caused by a "devil" or whatever, either.

You did nothing to deserve this and nobody did it to you. Just try to keep yourself around people who accept/love you for who you are and ignore the bad people out there. :)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may be the case for AS (which I have), but for Autism with severe cognitive disability (like my DS & DD), there is definitely a need for some kind of healing or deliverance to at least bring them up to AS-level functioning.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Blind post tiem:

Asperger's is, coming from someone who has Asperger's, what you make of it. I don't believe it has anything to do with devils or angels or anything like that. It's different-mindedness, kind of like how people have different racial backgrounds, sexual orientation, religious upbringings (or lack thereof), political orientations (or lack thereof for you Anarchists ;V), and so on. Like anything not in the status quo of society, people with Autism/Asperger's are looked down upon and shunned because they're different, because they stand out. They don't fall in line with the way things works, so they're unjustly marginalized.

For all of the difficulties Autism/Asperger's brings, there are good things about it that you can use to your advantage. You have to find those strengths and use them while at the same time knowing your weaknesses and work on those, as well. With practice and training, you can better fit into society while at the same time retaining and embracing your unique talents.

It took me a while to get to where I am now. I'm able to be outgoing, fit in, have conversations, and be myself with no problems at all. Nobody knows that I have Asperger's unless I tell them I do, and for those I told, they were surprised (in a pleasant manner, I mean).

To make a long post short, I don't believe Asperger's has anything to do with devils. It's simply a diversity of the mind, is all. Our brains are wired and work differently from other people.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It's a mental disease...

No.

Indicating it's a disease means that if I sneeze on you, you would get Asperger's. Of course, I'm talking about disease in terms of pathogens. There are diseases that are also inherited that have the capacity to kill a person in their life. Asperger's isn't a genetic "disease" that will kill the person with it.

Also, referring to Asperger's as a "disease" is referring to it in negative terms, which bothers me. If we as a society are ever going to move forward and proceed toward true social equality, then we need to stop labeling every legal social deviation with these negative labels.

I'm honestly sick and tired of people labeling those with Autism/Asperger's like they're some sort of leper or hazard to the public at large. People on the Autism spectrum have so much to offer to society if people would stop referring to their different-mindedness as if it were some kind of roadblock in their development when those on the high-end are perfectly capable of learning how to fit in and contribute.

At the same time and from the little time I spent on Autism/Asperger's communities, it's no wonder so many on the high-functioning end end up being cynical and skeptical of other people, choosing to isolate themselves from the rest of the population. I don't blame them. They get tired of hearing these outlandish, stigmatizing labels and eventually reach a breaking point where they simply don't bother socializing in general unless it's to support themselves.

Sorry about the rant. One of my pet peeves when it comes to Autism issues.

Upvote 0

mooncougar13

May 20, 2010
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so what u are saying is that when a aspbergur christian gets saved, he still has a demon in him. once a person is saved all demons are casted out of us, yes we might be opresssed by demons, but we will never be demon possesed after salvation but filled with the holy spirt.

how can u have a demon and the holy spirit at the same time.

please dont think im dismissing the possabilty that AS could has a demonic route, im just saying u shouldnt worry about being controlled or possesed by a demon if ur a saved christian. becuz once saved u belong to jesus and no power and hell can take that away.

no, you are absolutely right, you can't have both the Holy Spirit and God in your heart at the same time. it's not necessarily that Asperger's is a disease, but just a different way of thinking. there's another thread about this somewhere on here, gww.christianforums,com/t1131363

just get rid of the g in front; it wont let me post a URL until i post more

this should help you figure what's going on in your life

don't fear anything but God Himself :D
the thing about us Aspies is that we're not "pack animals" so to speak, like "normal" people are. we're more like cats, instead of dogs.

Upvote 0

hopemirie

May 27, 2010
az
✟7,620.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
never had demons in me i had some oppress me and did get some deleveance with that. as well if you a chirstian you can have the holy spririt in you and demonds not posable, Its the way are brains are wired, it is at time a pain in the buttttt. But as paul said the things he knows to do he dosent, and what he dosent want to do he dose so weater aspi or not we still have a sin nature. the way i am learning to deal with it is remember my home or any thing i do is for him is his, so i try to serve as best i can. and when i fail some times its the aspi some times its just sin, i think the key is to know your self well

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kirstyc

May 28, 2012
✟7,628.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am replying years after your post - I hope you still get these replies!

I just wanted to say how much compassion I feel for you. I hope you are doing alright these days (2012). I felt very sorry to hear your dad has said you are a lazy swine (or whatever it was he said). I would say that is in itself not the mark of a true Christian. There are a lot of people who give themselves the title of Christian, but having love and the ability to have gentleness, patience and kindness toward others is a very noticeable series of traits in someone who really is a disciple of Christ.

Before I even "tackle" the topic of Aspergers and the demonic realm, let me say this: to be a Christian is to be someone who has been invited into a relationship with God the Father through what Jesus did on the cross. That is the main point of the whole death and resurrection of Jesus: He did that so that you could have your sins paid for and that you could then come into an intimate relationship with God. I get the impression that you have been told (possibly by your father?) that to be a Christian you have to work hard to gain acceptance with God. It sounds to me like you've been introduced to man-made religion. This in itself has been a great work of the enemy in the lives of so many people. Satan will do anything to keep people from discovering just how amazing grace really is!

You are very right in your assessment of how Christians operate today: Christians for the most part think that the supernatural realm does not apply to us today. I would encourage you to look into the ministry of Derek Prince. He passed away in 2003 but there are tons of videos on YouTube of his ministry. He taught on demonization and deliverance. He was quite a scholar and his ministering is easy to understand.

The truth is, we tend to believe (as I think someone posted in reply) that Christians "can't have a demon" because they are filled with the Holy Spirit and God doesn't share space. Well, that position can't be backed up with scripture; people have believed this by their traditions but not by what is taught in the Bible.

But Christians can be demonized (they can't be "possessed" by demons because God owns all souls Ez. 18:4) when we have areas in our lives where we haven't given it over to God in repentance - for instance, if we refuse to forgive someone. God's plan for us is for us to be totally free (abundant life, as Jesus said He came to bring) but if we for some reason haven't fully surrendered ourselves and we hang on to some area or other, like unforgiveness and bitterness, then we basically leave ourselves "legally" open to demonic interference in that particular area of our soul.

However....your Aspie tendency would be to pour over yourself with a fine-toothed comb (so to speak) and try to figure out where you haven't fully repented. Might I gently suggest you instead make your main focus one of learning about the gospel of the Kingdom - the gospel of grace? Then you will stop being so hard on yourself and embrace the love of God. It's the goodness of God that leads us to true repentance. Then you find freedom. The Holy Spirit is ever so capable of leading us to a true relationship with Jesus! Trust Him. Your heavenly Father loves you with a jealous, forceful and unconditional love. It's really like nothing you've ever experienced in this life and it will set you free.

I hope to hear back from you even though this reply is years after the fact. :):)

Reactions: joris
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Na, Na, Na, cracka listen up to the real story Aspergers syndrome is the f'n seed of Satan himself most White people got it because they have neanderthal dna and neanderthals be the devil and jesus and the REAL jews as we know it are BLACK and as we know the devil be whitey and as we know neanderthals weren't very social and so that's where yall anxiety and stuff comes in sorry for swearin yall i just had one too many to drink, peace out hillbilly.
Hmmnnn...No it is the language that infants speak and is called babbling. Neo-Piagetian physical clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.

Upvote 0

JayRayTee

Jun 8, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. Autism and Aspergers both are purely genetically caused differences in the brain. No demons, devils, etc., some of that stuff borders on religious superstition boogeyman stuff. Not saying that demonic influence and possession doesn't exist, but I believe scripture shows that possession isn't exactly common and demonic influence is subtle and generally intended to cast doubt.

The wiring is different in the aspergean brain so that some areas are less used than normal and some areas are over used. There is also an abnormal amount of grey matter in one side of the brain for people on the spectrum. These differences can be picked up by brain imaging techniques like in the psycho-neurological test.

Had man not fallen, there would not be autism or aspergers. There also would not be physical death, because God expelled man from the garden so he would not also eat of the tree of life and live forever. Man ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. All good comes from God, so evil is that which does not come from God. So since we are fallen we live in a world where we experience both that which comes from God and that which does not. Or that which God intended and that which God did not.

This is why it says in Ecclesiastes that good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people and that it is vanity. Its why scripture says that rain (or grace) falls on saint and sinner alike. We all will experience and have knowledge of things that come from God and things that don't come from God simply because this is a fallen world. We can see the flowers of the field and the beautiful sky not because we are Holy, and we can bump our head or be born with a birth defect or a genetic defect not because we are possessed.

Jesus himself addressed this in Luke 13:4, when he talked about the eighteen people who perished when a tower fell on them. His point being that just because something bad happened to them, that doesn't mean it was a result of greater sin. Bad things happen to good people and it is vanity or meaningless.

The best you could do is say it is a result of the first sin, or general sin in the world which creates this fallen state which is not as God intended things. But even within that, there is good and evil in basically everything in this world. And truthfully, like was the case in the story of Job who was afflicted not because of his sin (or possession), but because of his faithfulness to God. God knows what we can handle, and he can be glorified through any seeming adversity. The question really is why did God allow us to have this issue? It might be that we were the right people for the job, maybe we are supposed to minister to others who have similar issues or just live as an example of how God can use a broken vessel similar to the way he used a stuttering Moses to lead his people out of Egypt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joris

Jan 11, 2008
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
JayRayTee, you're making some good points, but I don't think one can (by definition) rule out demonic influence "because there is a genetic factor". The genetic component is a factor science can tell us about (and that's valuable) - but I wouldn't say it's "guarenteed" the only factor.
(Say, demonic oppression might make Aspergers Syndrome affect one worse than it would otherwise)

Am not trying to say that there "must be" demonic influences behind AS, but I think your stand is an other extreme. :)

Upvote 0

JayRayTee

Jun 8, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, Aspergers is a physical genetic condition. Demon possession or being demonically influenced is a spiritual condition. You can have one with or without the other, but one is not the cause of the other.

Likewise you can have a genetic deformity of say the hand, which would be a physical genetic ailment or condition. And you could be demon possessed or give in to demonic influence, but again, one doesn't cause the other.

Demonic influence or possession can happen to anyone regardless of their genetic make-up if they open themselves up to it.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Demonic influence or possession can happen to anyone regardless of their genetic make-up if they open themselves up to it.
...or if one's family opened them up to it... :scratch:

Upvote 0

JayRayTee

Jun 8, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We all have free will, thats why one person can have a terrible horrible upbringing and still turn out fine and other people could have a wonderful upbringing and turn out terrible. We are accountable for ourselves. Our parents have a responsibility to 'raise us up in the way we should go' but they can't choose for us if we accept that path.

Upvote 0

Francess

Tenacious Truth Seeker
Jul 11, 2012
✟7,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Asperger's Syndrome - sometimes I see it as a gift as well as a disadvantage. God makes good out of bad. I don't think it could have anything to do with devils or possession or anything bad like that. Maybe the problems it causes someone (low self-esteem, bad habits, lack of empathy) can lead someone to think that is related to something bad. No way. I've heard that people with Asperger's are really honest and sincere.:)

Upvote 0