• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

mityaman

Jun 9, 2008
Novosibirsk, Russia
✟15,123.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello, everyone...
Mine is a long story, but please read it...
I don't have an official AS diagnosis, but after having read a lot about it i'm pretty sure i'm an aspie. my disorder causes many troubles in my everyday life, and thus in my Christian life, too. I always mess everything up at work, due to my inability to concentrate on things and to work hard on things which are of no personal interest to me. I fail to do many important tasks beacause of my forgetfulness, lazyness and clumsiness.. and my stupid shyness is another great problem. E.g. if i have to tell some important thing to an employee, i can stand before his or her door for several minutes and then turn and go, just because i can't remember his or her name and don't know how to adress him or her and think it would be inappropriate to ask what his/her name is. I deal with video editing, and recently I found out that a dvd that i've made half a year ago, was actually blank though having its name printed on it, and a box with printed cover. and the project was erased long time ago so there's nothing i can do about it. and i can't remember if i've made any extra copies... and such things happen quite often... my dad is a christian and also my boss. otherwise i would be fired long ago, or never get this job actually. when i fist read about AS and realised i had it, i told him, but he didn't believe it and said that i'm just a lazy and selfish swine and never care about the others hence all these problems of mine...and he's right in a way beacause my disorder often makes me act like this, but i never wanted to be like this! i was a "little professor" kind of boy when i was a child, and i even went to school a year earlier than kids here in Russia do (at 6, not at 7), so no one can tell i have a mental disorder. but languages was the only thing i was really good at, anyway, and i do really stupid things when working with all kinds of electronic equipment...
Well, the point is that my AS actually makes me sin... It seems to that i don't love anyone but myself, cause it often seems i don't care about people though i never mean to hurt anyone... and i can't be a good worker anyway which is also a sin... I'm not yet baptised because i can't change my ways and bear any fruits of repentance...
And all the time i feel like i'm being controlled and don't belong to myself.. just don't have any power to do what i know is right... and sometimes I feel that what i'm going to do is defeinitely wrong and stupid, but i just don't know the right way..
I know from the Bible and the Screwtape Letters that the devils do exist, and i think that aspergers is their work... but in times When Jesus came it seemed obvious that a person was obsessed with devils and there are many examples of Jesus and His disciples chasing them out... but nowadays it seems that Christians never do it and try to fight devils with medicine... Aspergers is incurable as far as i know...
Well please share your thoughts on this topic, and i'll be very grateful if someone gives advice or simply prays for me...

kyle123

Mar 17, 2008
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have aspbergurs andsometimes i wonder the same time. but if ur a saved christian u have the holy spirit. and cant possably be possessed by a devil. mental illness is the work of a fallen world not the devil. the devils work is doubt,discouragment,dislusion,disobdience, and all things unholy

Upvote 0

mityaman

Jun 9, 2008
Novosibirsk, Russia
✟15,123.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your understanding, Kyle! But I just wonder what can I do if it's my illness, not devil, makes me sin? Sometimes I feel I don't have the Holy Spirit, cause otherwise He would prevent me from sins... But I know I can't be what people and especially my father expect me to be... For a long time I have been thinking that maybe i should find another job where I would be less likely to cause so much trouble... Maybe that's the right option.. I'm very desperate now, and i just can't go on like this anymore... I've been praying to get rid of these devils, or to become just like everyone else but nothing changes... I was trying to convince myself that I'm absolutely normal and don't have any kind of disorder, but that also didn't work... I don't wanna be a trouble to anyone... I would prefer being persecuted or to suffer unfairly, but i don't only suffer myself, but make people I love suffer... and all my sufferings come from my own shortcomings... Please anybody tell me what to do...

Upvote 0

kyle123

Mar 17, 2008
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
just remember god said seek him with all ur heart, as long as u are doing that u are pleasing him, no matter how much u are letting down others or sinning. i myself dont feel like i have the holy spirit either. all u can do is try ur best. and god will do the rest. THE FACT U CARE about ur relationship with god shows me u have the holy spirit. people without the holy spirit could care less. and it takes the holy spirit to call jesus lord. and u may be wondering why ur not like the other people who dont sin alot, but remember god came to save sinners not the righteous. Dont let the devil get u to doubt what the lod has done on the cross, it is by what he has done not by anything u can do. u may not be able to earn his love, but the great thing is u dont have too!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I, too, am a born-again Christian with AS. I have been involved in deliverance ministries in the past and commonly have the gift of discernment. It would appear that at least some of our condition is demonic at its root. I am not sure about ALL of it. My HFA son and non-verbal daughter both appear to be in a type of demonic bondage and my daughter's case has been confirmed. Some of her behaviors mimic Mark 9:17.

Even when I was at these churches, they discerned some kind of spiritual activity on me and they would not have, had it been only physical.

Other qualities make us proficient artisans [a.k.a. technicians] like those employed in the building of the Temple in 1 Kings and 1 & 2 Chronicles.

If you have a major interest, like most with AS do, you may want to try a job that lines up with that interest.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...did anyone have any success in casting those devils out of you and your kids...?

So far, not yet. But, if you recall, the one in Mark 9 took extra effort, too.

Upvote 0

kyle123

Mar 17, 2008
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So far, not yet. But, if you recall, the one in Mark 9 took extra effort, too.

so what u are saying is that when a aspbergur christian gets saved, he still has a demon in him. once a person is saved all demons are casted out of us, yes we might be opresssed by demons, but we will never be demon possesed after salvation but filled with the holy spirt.

how can u have a demon and the holy spirit at the same time.

please dont think im dismissing the possabilty that AS could has a demonic route, im just saying u shouldnt worry about being controlled or possesed by a demon if ur a saved christian. becuz once saved u belong to jesus and no power and hell can take that away.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oppression can still account for these symptoms, even measurable neurological ones. Most incidences of demonic oppression show up as psychopathology and/or neuropathy, at least in First World countries. Healing and deliverance often overlap.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kyle123

Mar 17, 2008
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
too bad there is little a person can do, becuz if u go up to a parent and relative and say u need deliverance they will think ur nuts, im just glad jesus can deleiver from opression if u

1. turn to him
2. repent
3. pray

and lot of opression will not go away for a long time, jesus says in the bible tat the devil might thru a person in prision(opression), but if ur faithful till death(meaning opession might last till death) u will be given the crown of life (meaning eternal life)

i have seizures which are a nerogical problem, sometimes i feel like im possesed or opressed, but us there really anything i can do about it besides seek the lord

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...i have seizures which are a nerogical problem, sometimes i feel like im possesed or opressed, but us there really anything i can do about it besides seek the lord

I think all of us on the spectrum feel that way from time to time, but there are churches out there where that is their specialty.

My church, the Vineyard, once was very active in this ministry, now it's pretty much hit-and-miss.

Upvote 0

HazelAngel

A New Zealander that is proud of her country
May 13, 2007
Watching a Disney Movie
✟25,039.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
mityaman as far as I know (and I have AS) that AS is not the devils work, God gave u it ;) Maybe its just a test from God to resent the Devil out of our lives :hug: There is possibly a cure for AS but we r all not sure about this so-called cure :) I know I am happy with my AS and dont want to change it because it is a part of me and a part of my life :hug: I hope u find happiness with what I have had to say ok :)

Upvote 0

mikki

Jul 20, 2006
Nevada
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not yet baptised because i can't change my ways and bear any fruits of repentance...
And all the time i feel like i'm being controlled and don't belong to myself.

Just by those words God knows that you CAN repent. The words you wrote here show that Satan is attempting to get you believe his lies, but that is what they are, lies.

You are here, on a Christian Forum. You are seeking Jesus and He hears you! I will pray for you and other AS folks that you will know satan's lies for what they are and that you can finds God's awesome plan for your life. You are all incredible people with great minds...never forget that. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loudatheist101

Logic is the train, evidence is the track.
Feb 10, 2007
Saturn
✟24,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello, everyone...
Mine is a long story, but please read it...
I don't have an official AS diagnosis, but after having read a lot about it i'm pretty sure i'm an aspie. my disorder causes many troubles in my everyday life, and thus in my Christian life, too. I always mess everything up at work, due to my inability to concentrate on things and to work hard on things which are of no personal interest to me. I fail to do many important tasks beacause of my forgetfulness, lazyness and clumsiness.. and my stupid shyness is another great problem. E.g. if i have to tell some important thing to an employee, i can stand before his or her door for several minutes and then turn and go, just because i can't remember his or her name and don't know how to adress him or her and think it would be inappropriate to ask what his/her name is. I deal with video editing, and recently I found out that a dvd that i've made half a year ago, was actually blank though having its name printed on it, and a box with printed cover. and the project was erased long time ago so there's nothing i can do about it. and i can't remember if i've made any extra copies... and such things happen quite often... my dad is a christian and also my boss. otherwise i would be fired long ago, or never get this job actually. when i fist read about AS and realised i had it, i told him, but he didn't believe it and said that i'm just a lazy and selfish swine and never care about the others hence all these problems of mine...and he's right in a way beacause my disorder often makes me act like this, but i never wanted to be like this! i was a "little professor" kind of boy when i was a child, and i even went to school a year earlier than kids here in Russia do (at 6, not at 7), so no one can tell i have a mental disorder. but languages was the only thing i was really good at, anyway, and i do really stupid things when working with all kinds of electronic equipment...
Well, the point is that my AS actually makes me sin... It seems to that i don't love anyone but myself, cause it often seems i don't care about people though i never mean to hurt anyone... and i can't be a good worker anyway which is also a sin... I'm not yet baptised because i can't change my ways and bear any fruits of repentance...
And all the time i feel like i'm being controlled and don't belong to myself.. just don't have any power to do what i know is right... and sometimes I feel that what i'm going to do is defeinitely wrong and stupid, but i just don't know the right way..
I know from the Bible and the Screwtape Letters that the devils do exist, and i think that aspergers is their work... but in times When Jesus came it seemed obvious that a person was obsessed with devils and there are many examples of Jesus and His disciples chasing them out... but nowadays it seems that Christians never do it and try to fight devils with medicine... Aspergers is incurable as far as i know...
Well please share your thoughts on this topic, and i'll be very grateful if someone gives advice or simply prays for me...

I have aspergers myself, I have the same things happen to me too! I can't do any simple thing it is absured. But at age 15 I was interviewed by Newsweek for politics and I can recite to you discoveries of quantum physics and how quantum mechanics can be the answer for the origin of the universe. :p Yet I can't start a lighter! XD Its very bizzare, aspergers. I am actually VERY social whenever I am, but I hate meeting new people, despite how it always turns out good.

No my freind, aspergers is not the "devil". It is a mental condition that people like Bill Gates and Einstien had and have.

An effect of aspergers syndrome is lacking of empathy. This is in no way a demon, it is purely natural reasons. :rolls eyes:

Upvote 0

joris

Jan 11, 2008
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know...

Kinda strange, I'm struggling with so much fears and had depression, still regularly struggling with very low feelings; At times just hating this life wishing that this just ends, that I could be let to heaven; not really able to see any point in this stupid "life". Feeling locked in this "life" at times;
And often feeling very lonely I'm hardly able to make -- or keep contact, to have friendships:cry:

It seems kinda strange, one time some Christian kinda made some way for me to meet someone in a deliverance service, which got canceled last minute, both this person, and the person in the deliverance service, having some weird dreams or something that made them decide to cancel. I never understood what all that was about :confused:
Another time, a girl in church (who's also a ... "friend"), promised she'd ask her mother about deliverance services that she knew about -- never heard about that, even though I asked another time about it I think :(
A few weeks ago, as I shared I realized fears have a big influence to - a wife of one of the elders, whom I talk kinda regularly to - she encouraged to ask for prayer and deliverance; but the pastor was like, only encouraging to try and have silent time regularly and trying to be thankful. Good advices (have to watch both of those), but again nothing of deliverance.

It kinda seems, door's closed for deliverance, and I have no clue why :confused:
At times am kinda, I fear am lacking in faith, feeling like that... but don't know well what to do about that. Do others with AS struggle with what some call 'standing in faith' like that? At times am so overwhelmed by emotions that I find it so hard to trust in God, that He's there while I'm so feeling sad and lonely and all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kyle123

Mar 17, 2008
✟7,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
what u are facing isnt condemnation, and the fact that ur facing is a sure sign that ur a believer.

revelation 2:10

Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life
-----------------------------------------------------------------

ur in prison. i beleive aspergurs, is a opressive deiase. but god says if u are faithful to him during the time on earth he will free u! revelation 2:10 says that we may be opressed by the world and the devil our hold lifes yet god will set us free when he returns or when we die.
--------------------------------------------------------------
hold on joris. ur not satans child or a bad kid. u dont need deleiverance cuz god will give it to u. u are a man of great fiath. and the fact that u are still holding on to him. touches his heart. most of the world doesnt care. america doesnt car.e they take god out of schools. just hold on.
--------------------------------------------------------------
when isreal became a nation. it marked the begining of the end. the end times. and jesus said whoever sees isreal become a nation will see his return. that was more then 50 years ago! jesus return could bve any day now. just remember uve havnt been thrown in hell. so dont lose faith in god till u see him. what ur going thru isnt anything like hell. physical,mental,and spirtual pain. and lonilness. hell. is hell. earth is just uncomfortable and heartbreaking.

hold on my friend

http://www.desiringgod.org/Resource...te/2007/2525_When_Satan_Hurts_Christs_People/

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0