• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I've heard that people with Asperger's are really honest and sincere.:)

I know that to be true. Also very, very loving, when you knew her.

There's a whole spectrum, isn't there? I dare say Nordic types, generally, are inclined towards Aspergers in comparison with the Latin peoples and, maybe the Africans. Or maybe the Latins are themselves higher on the Aspergers spectrum than the Africans.

But, as was said earlier, there seem to be real aspects of Aspergers which suggest that 'still waters run deep' - the empathy is just difficult to access for social purposes. It is said that the Nordic type of person is slower to make friends, but, generally, perhaps more staunch, once they have. Of course, there is a likelihood that generalising in this way is too vague to make a lot of sense, really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

suemoc

Nov 1, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Re Autism and Aspergers, yes (all) christians can carry the Holy Spirit AND demonic spirits. In the healing ministry christians come forward with pain, sickness and illness and on most occasions healing will not take place until a demon is cast out. The instant a demon is cast out there is a return to normal health. Jesus gave us the authority to heal the sick and cast out demons and I would strongly urge you to find a healing team that also works in deliverance. Here in Auckland Bill Subritzky runs an amazing ministry in deliverance. Look at Dove Ministries . com for testimonies and get his book Demons Defeated.
The devils lies are "If I have aspergers, I have it for life". This is not true neither is it true that having aspergers or mental illness you are isolated christians who have demonic spirits. Whether it is back pain, whether you are 'accident prone' or carry pain from accidents, genetic illnesses etc all may be healed through deliverance.
I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to you that you have a hope and a future and that does not mean carrying sickness.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
suemoc ... I actually find your post quite insulting. I've served Jesus for 50 yrs and have cast out demons. But the Holy Spirit has never said to me that my AS is caused by demonic activity. You come to CF and make your 1st post an attack on how God created us and your expecting me to listen to you! Would have been nice if you had befriended us so we could see that you care and have compassion for us. No, you posted saying we have demons and didn't even say one thing that indicated that you even know what asburgers is!

Upvote 0

aspieinsearch

Sep 18, 2012
✟7,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey now, aspergers isnt a sickness Suemoc and its something you will never understand even if you had the true compassion im sure you think you have for all human beings. Im sorry but your statements are very disrespectfull and insulting and i had to reply to this. Please refrain from these types of posts in the christian forums/aspergers section its very counterproductive and you are no better than anyone else. Thank you very much, and God bless you.

Upvote 0

suemoc

Nov 1, 2012
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your comments, I have been healed of aspergers so am grateful to God for that aged 47 years. In response to the post "can christians carry the Holy spirit and demons?", my post said all christians can carry the Holy Spirit AND demonic spirits. My post did not say that anyone with aspergers does or can. I believe anyone can be healed and having worked with aspergers and autism since 1989 and worked in mental health and in prisons and in teaching and in deliverance have seen people healed who had no arms, were blind, had autism, cancers, epilepsy etc.
God came to heal the sick, cast out demons and set us free. Praise God that I know from first hand experience that as Christians we are here to offer each other hope and encouragement and I offer you the same. God Bless you.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your comments, I have been healed of aspergers so am grateful to God for that aged 47 years. In response to the post "can christians carry the Holy spirit and demons?", my post said all christians can carry the Holy Spirit AND demonic spirits. My post did not say that anyone with aspergers does or can. I believe anyone can be healed and having worked with aspergers and autism since 1989 and worked in mental health and in prisons and in teaching and in deliverance have seen people healed who had no arms, were blind, had autism, cancers, epilepsy etc.
God came to heal the sick, cast out demons and set us free. Praise God that I know from first hand experience that as Christians we are here to offer each other hope and encouragement and I offer you the same. God Bless you.

Praise God!!!! thank you for posting. I only posted here once, but I still get an email if someone reacts. I'm praying for my husband to get healed of it.

Upvote 0

Matariki

Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and MIND
Jan 24, 2011
New Zealand
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, Aspergers Syndrome has nothing to do with Devils or Satan. I have Aspergers syndrome myself (I was diagnosed at age 19). Aspergers syndrome is a cognitive disorder that is genetic, which takes place when the child is developing within the womb, in particular with the prefrontal cortex, the amygdala, and the fusiform face area.

There is nothing supernatural, nor evil about Aspergers Syndrome, its just different, that's all.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
suemoc, thanks for a much more non judgmental post. I too believe God heals.

Matariki - your right about what AS is. So for God to heal us of AS He has to change the genes in all our cells so they are as NTs have their genes that are effected by autism. To my knowledge God has not done this and don't really know that I want that to happen anyways. I'm really comfortable with the way God created me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wmc1982

Aka "Will" :)
Jul 28, 2006
NC, United States
✟16,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am on the spectrum and have had a few experiences that I'm not sure or not (50/50 in my mind) that dealt with demons and maybe angels. One when I was young (and sober) I felt like I lost control and a knife that had a demonic face carved on it I got on a mission trip to Peru, I started to cut my arm over and over, one time to the bone. Then I snapped out of it and asked what caused me to do this and if this was a demon then a name came in my mind. I don't talk about that much. Then a few times later in life when I had such a hard time going to church (still can't go) I sought out "spiritual juice" by taking various chemicals to induce experiences (disociatives/phens/trypts) and a few experiences down that road hit me like a truck.

I'm pretty certain being so separated from the world for 30 years, I have had encounters with demons and I feel like they are almost always near by.

I don't think I need to be delivered from any demons, I know what Christ accomplished on the Cross and that the HS is guiding me and I only stand because of God's promise never to leave or forsake me and to bring me (His work) to completion in glorification. Lol my sanctification process sure is bumpy though :) I wish I could go to church and have Christian friends though. I got a dog and had to return it, I just couldn't handle taking care of one. I have trouble taking care of myself.

But yea, demons are real and active to an extent. But no, I don't believe any form of autism is demonic-related. It's a set of traits and forms of personality to me, some good some bad. It can be disabling but I see some people on the spectrum doing better than "NT's" (the average "normal" person), and some just not functioning at all in society because of it.

Autism is a tricky spectrum to put labels on.

Upvote 0

beakybird

Dec 22, 2012
NJ, USA
✟7,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I've said elsewhere I don't know for sure if I am AS or anywhere on the autism spectrum, but all of my research has brought me to the conclusion that I am.

I don't know either way and can see both sides. I believe demon oppression/influence DOES happen. I also believe that we do suffer from physical infirmites outside of demon influence.

I know in my life Ive exposed myself to all sorts of demons because of my social difficulties. Because of my relentlessly logical mind, I rejected the notion of God even though I was brought up in church until I was 10 on the basis that it made no sense (I feel differently now). I felt alienated, but unlike many AS, strove to gain acceptance by following my peers to alleviate the alienation. The devil got me together with some bad people. I got deeply into heavy metal music, drugs, liked watching evil, sadistic movies, alot of inappropriate contentography, even dabbled in satanism for awhile. So I'm pretty sure I got demons somewhere along the line. Don't know if I still do but I think I might. Make no mistake about it, the people who produce those sorts of things are, for the most part, devil worshippers or occultists that impart demons into the music or movies.

I think they more obsessed you get with them (and I was OBSESSED, particularly with metal) the easier it is for the demons to get in, stay in and invite their friends in.

So the point the the ramble is that in my opinion some people are more vulnarable to making bad choices that may lead to demonic infestation. Those who get intensely into things as a lifestyle I would think are more prone to it.

Just my ideas.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So the point the the ramble is that in my opinion some people are more vulnarable to making bad choices that may lead to demonic infestation. Those who get intensely into things as a lifestyle I would think are more prone to it. Just my ideas.

1Ti 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of a devil;

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?" Romans 6:16

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks and bless you, Sabertooth. This is convincing evidence. But of course it is anecdotal. So we must add to compelling testimonies like yours the results of the best science.

There are numerous studies worldwide, some even by the NIMH, and I believe these all demonstrate that AS is without a doubt the work of demons. Some attempts at spiritual healing or exorcism provide temporary relief but scientists admit, sadly, there is no cure.

:amen:

As someone whom is also on the spectrum, I can say that being on the spectrum has nothing to do with devils, demons, etc.

Seriously, we have a different cognitive style that's all, the problem of why we are unable to fit in with neurotypicals as people on the spectrum like to call those whom call themselves normal, is we're simply different.

You guys seriously think that NT's don't have instances like you are describing? Well a lot of them probably do, just people on the spectrum are more prone to admitting the instance, due to our tendency towards being honest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks and bless you, Sabertooth. This is convincing evidence. But of course it is anecdotal. So we must add to compelling testimonies like yours the results of the best science.

There are numerous studies worldwide, some even by the NIMH, and I believe these all demonstrate that AS is without a doubt the work of demons. Some attempts at spiritual healing or exorcism provide temporary relief but scientists admit, sadly, there is no cure.

:amen:
I did say some. And by that, I particularly mean where there is cognitive dysfunction (like a deaf & [mute] spirit). I have received deliverance from various spirits in the past, but none have made my own AS an issue. Though I wouldn't refuse deliverance from those competent in deliverance ministry, it just hasn't been challenged, though many other things have. This leads me to believe that AS (without cognitive dysfunction) may, in fact, be from neurological wiring, on the same level as one who is left-handed.

Also, when deliverance ministers have spoken to me about my disabled children, they took me into their confidence when speaking of their spiritual condition. This is counter-intuitive, if they suspected that I had the same spiritual condition.

edit: Some writers have treated the "gifts" of Romans 12:6-8 as temperaments:

"We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully."

If that is true, Aspergers is very similar to the prophetic temperament in presentation (i.e. very black & white). (I frequently move in Word of Wisdom and Discerning of spirits.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Hello, everyone...
Mine is a long story, but please read it...
I don't have an official AS diagnosis, but after having read a lot about it i'm pretty sure i'm an aspie. my disorder causes many troubles in my everyday life, and thus in my Christian life, too. I always mess everything up at work, due to my inability to concentrate on things and to work hard on things which are of no personal interest to me. I fail to do many important tasks beacause of my forgetfulness, lazyness and clumsiness.. and my stupid shyness is another great problem. E.g. if i have to tell some important thing to an employee, i can stand before his or her door for several minutes and then turn and go, just because i can't remember his or her name and don't know how to adress him or her and think it would be inappropriate to ask what his/her name is. I deal with video editing, and recently I found out that a dvd that i've made half a year ago, was actually blank though having its name printed on it, and a box with printed cover. and the project was erased long time ago so there's nothing i can do about it. and i can't remember if i've made any extra copies... and such things happen quite often... my dad is a christian and also my boss. otherwise i would be fired long ago, or never get this job actually. when i fist read about AS and realised i had it, i told him, but he didn't believe it and said that i'm just a lazy and selfish swine and never care about the others hence all these problems of mine...and he's right in a way beacause my disorder often makes me act like this, but i never wanted to be like this! i was a "little professor" kind of boy when i was a child, and i even went to school a year earlier than kids here in Russia do (at 6, not at 7), so no one can tell i have a mental disorder. but languages was the only thing i was really good at, anyway, and i do really stupid things when working with all kinds of electronic equipment...
Well, the point is that my AS actually makes me sin... It seems to that i don't love anyone but myself, cause it often seems i don't care about people though i never mean to hurt anyone... and i can't be a good worker anyway which is also a sin... I'm not yet baptised because i can't change my ways and bear any fruits of repentance...
And all the time i feel like i'm being controlled and don't belong to myself.. just don't have any power to do what i know is right... and sometimes I feel that what i'm going to do is defeinitely wrong and stupid, but i just don't know the right way..
I know from the Bible and the Screwtape Letters that the devils do exist, and i think that aspergers is their work... but in times When Jesus came it seemed obvious that a person was obsessed with devils and there are many examples of Jesus and His disciples chasing them out... but nowadays it seems that Christians never do it and try to fight devils with medicine... Aspergers is incurable as far as i know...
Well please share your thoughts on this topic, and i'll be very grateful if someone gives advice or simply prays for me...

Hi friend.. No to ur question. U have possibly a mental disability that is treatable :) Talk to ur family and fam. Doctor about this? there r non habit forming remedies on the market that can help u. U dont have to suffer any more. Also consider signing up for disability as well? Let them know u want to work as well and not to deduct ur earnings from ur disability benefits?

Also know God and Jesus went through a lot so u dont feel the way u do. they love u a lot. talk to ur family about ur issues so they can help u.
Thanx for sharing.. Never stop talking about ur issues, thats when productivity starts and success ;).
Check out support groups at ur local hospital/clinic/. they can help also. And easter seals near u. Hi btw and plezd to meet u.

Upvote 0

Ecclectic79

Prayer in Breakbeat
Mar 4, 2013
United States
✟16,252.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know the bottom-line feeling you're talking about - ie. feeling like you're not only 'doing things to people' but constantly and with no ability to stop.

It sounds like you have short-term/working memory deficits, that's common. While I'm lucky enough that I can pull it together well enough to survive the work world I survive as an epic underachiever, ie. I was able to graduate college highest honors but I need to be spoonfed the rules on things simply because I can't intuit them - the way my mind works is too nuts and bolts to really fit other people's logic and guess what they'd think or do with any luck.

My even bigger challenge than figuring out if ASD is of the devil is figuring out how I serve the Lord in this condition, partly because the most common 'feed the needy' approach puts me in a position where I'd be doing something that neither matches my strengths nor puts me in a place where I'd really feel like I belong at this time.

Its tough for us to sort life out just because there are so many remarkably difficult challenges and even hidden ones there to constantly bedazzle and benight us. The best I can offer is that once you get to a place where you truly understand that you've tried your best, maxed, hit the limits of what your efforts can achieve, and you're still in this spot, you find yourself able to forgive yourself a bit more for achieving less - not for the desire to be lax but because you realize its the only way you can save yourself from emotional self-destruction.

Additionally remember: God tests via the devil. This place isn't perfect because our lives are a maturation process, he's seeing what we're made of and he's also seeing what the people around us are made of via each other.

Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
I know the bottom-line feeling you're talking about - ie. feeling like you're not only 'doing things to people' but constantly and with no ability to stop.

It sounds like you have short-term/working memory deficits, that's common. While I'm lucky enough that I can pull it together well enough to survive the work world I survive as an epic underachiever, ie. I was able to graduate college highest honors but I need to be spoonfed the rules on things simply because I can't intuit them - the way my mind works is too nuts and bolts to really fit other people's logic and guess what they'd think or do with any luck.

My even bigger challenge than figuring out if ASD is of the devil is figuring out how I serve the Lord in this condition, partly because the most common 'feed the needy' approach puts me in a position where I'd be doing something that neither matches my strengths nor puts me in a place where I'd really feel like I belong at this time.

Its tough for us to sort life out just because there are so many remarkably difficult challenges and even hidden ones there to constantly bedazzle and benight us. The best I can offer is that once you get to a place where you truly understand that you've tried your best, maxed, hit the limits of what your efforts can achieve, and you're still in this spot, you find yourself able to forgive yourself a bit more for achieving less - not for the desire to be lax but because you realize its the only way you can save yourself from emotional self-destruction.

Additionally remember: God tests via the devil. This place isn't perfect because our lives are a maturation process, he's seeing what we're made of and he's also seeing what the people around us are made of via each other.

Hi.. There is med.s to help u with ur condition? plez consider discussing this with ur family and with ur family doctor? also u attend church right with ur family?? Hi btw.. Plezd to meet u Ecc
Well satan does try to cast lots of doubts in us in my opinion. Keep in mind satan used to be an angel until he became greedy of God and God said u must be kinding so to speak in other words. God fought back.. And he still does to every day we just arent seeing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0