• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

G

Genocyber

It may be caused by nephilim genes from a long long long way behind, but the thing is that you are half inside the world and halv outside of it, (reffering to the body and not the soul) therefore you can cause massive destruction if you want or great blessings, by doing good things you are meant to do, excell in what you burn for and be amongst people that helps you and support you, and you must be honest, God gave me a gift of discernment and it has helped me many times... Asperger you do what you do, nobody stops you you are outside of societys rules, either you can be a hermit and live in peae doing what you like or you can adapt in the world if you want, God taught me how to live and mature with asperger, it is important to let God do the work.. Peace

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to rethink your response. The only genes we have, now, are those of Noah, Mrs. Noah and their three daughters-in-law.

If any of them had Nephilim genes, we are all equally susceptible to them. If none of them did, none of us do, either.

Upvote 0

beaud20

Sep 10, 2016
Mobile, Al
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Complete trash. No, He did not. I know with my own life that I am not doing what I am supposed to. The reason why is because somehow, I ticked off God before I was born and I am paying the price for it when He gave me both Asperger Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy. I am not special, I am a piece of trash. If I was truly special, I should be working for either Airbus or Boeing and living according to my plans and to my dreams. Am I doing that? No. Now, thanks to the fact that I murdered an armadillo back in April, I have to executed myself in the worst ways imaginable and go straight to Hell with no judgement put onto me. I am done with that lie and I will express my true feelings about myself to the max.
Please, Please people... you are not demonic controlled!!!!! Aspergers is NOT from Satan or his demons! You have a short wiring in the brain and some of the messages in your brain get scrambled or not delivered at all!!!!! But, demons did not cause it! You were born that way. God said he knew you in the womb and no way did he allow Satan or his demons to interfere!

You are special... God made you special! Do NOT let me read of you being this way because Satan. He did not do this to you. Instead of blaming Satan, look for ways to live for God and show the world how special you are!

Romans 8:28And we know that all things work together for good the them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose God has a plan and purpose for you. find out what it is and use it to his glory.

grandma

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Complete trash. No, He did not. I know with my own life that I am not doing what I am supposed to. The reason why is because somehow, I ticked off God before I was born and I am paying the price for it when He gave me both Asperger Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy. I am not special, I am a piece of trash. If I was truly special, I should be working for either Airbus or Boeing and living according to my plans and to my dreams. Am I doing that? No. Now, thanks to the fact that I murdered an armadillo back in April, I have to executed myself in the worst ways imaginable and go straight to Hell with no judgement put onto me. I am done with that lie and I will express my true feelings about myself to the max.
Thanks , but no thanks for the reply. We are all special and God does not accept the excuse of being a piece of trash from individuals with a Syndrome. Listen to James and then say to yourself, My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, (3) knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2
. Then, my friend, please consider the Parable of Job:
Ch. xxvi.-xxxi.: Job, after declaring to Bildad that he knows well that God is omnipotent and omniscient, cites a parable, maintaining that he is upright and a stranger to wickedness. The wicked are destined to destruction, and will not profit in their great wealth. The special problem discussed in Job concerns the justice of the divine government of the world. It could have been formulated only after the principles of that justice had been announced in Deuteronomy; according to which earthly happiness was promised as a reward to the faithful followers of the Law and of Yhwh, and earthly misfortune was heldup as a punishment to the recalcitrant (Deut. xxviii.-xxx.). (http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/8693-job-the-book-of)

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Resurrecting zombie threads may have something to do with demons .......

Lol. :D I just noticed this thread is ancient! I replied bc of new posts ahead of mine that had made this thread show up on the home page.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm stunned by this thread! No, Asperger's has nothing to do with "devils". OR with vaccines (just to cover all the crazy bases in one go.)

In the past, and in some instances right to the present day, illness was attributed to demons. This was particularly true with illnesses that manifested in mental or behavioural symptoms. In the past four centuries, particularly after the invention of the microscope, we have discovered much more about disease than was possible in the past. We now know that disease can be caused by any number of completely natural causes. The demons now have names --- they are called bacteria, viruses, allergies, chemical imbalances, etc. --- none are spiritually malevolent.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
In the past, and in some instances right to the present day, illness was attributed to demons. This was particularly true with illnesses that manifested in mental or behavioural symptoms. In the past four centuries, particularly after the invention of the microscope, we have discovered much more about disease than was possible in the past. We now know that disease can be caused by any number of completely natural causes. The demons now have names --- they are called bacteria, viruses, allergies, chemical imbalances, etc. --- none are spiritually malevolent.

I definitely get people thinking that like 1000 yrs ago, even 100 yrs ago maybe. I think they explained away a lot of illnesses & stuff on superstitious beliefs, bc they didn't have a way to find a proper explanation. This thread is really old for the internet but not really old. I think it was started in 2008. My sister has Asperger's. I've never heard of anyone saying that it was due to "devils" or anything like that, ever. I've heard horribly ignorant people claim that Asperger's is bc of vaccines & that burns me up a lot. That's bad enough of a hideous lie.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I definitely get people thinking that like 1000 yrs ago, even 100 yrs ago maybe. I think they explained away a lot of illnesses & stuff on superstitious beliefs, bc they didn't have a way to find a proper explanation. This thread is really old for the internet but not really old. I think it was started in 2008. My sister has Asperger's. I've never heard of anyone saying that it was due to "devils" or anything like that, ever. I've heard horribly ignorant people claim that Asperger's is bc of vaccines & that burns me up a lot. That's bad enough of a hideous lie.

In a way I can understand how credulous and/or poorly educated people might believe in demonic influence. Some 20 years ago my daughter went through a period of mental illness that was quite terrifying to both her and us. This included seeing people, hearing voices, attacking me with a knife and a suicide attempt. Thanks to psychiatric intervention she has recovered to the extent that she has completed her education, holds a very good responsible job, has a successful marriage to a fine man and has given us a grandson.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I definitely get people thinking that like 1000 yrs ago, even 100 yrs ago maybe. I think they explained away a lot of illnesses & stuff on superstitious beliefs, bc they didn't have a way to find a proper explanation.
While I don't believe that Asperger's is normally demonic, these kinds of pronouncements fly straight into the teeth of those of us who are Aspies AND Charismatic/Pentecostal. (That POV verges on Atheism or, at least, Deism.)

We believe that the world is subject to physical laws AND spiritual laws. If you can fix a physical problem by physical means, then do that. If your problem(s) are resistant to physical solutions, it becomes time to consider underlying spiritual causes (and solutions).

Physical healings (which Jesus said would be exhibited among His disciples) are supernatural acts overriding natural conditions and testable. He said (in Mark 16:17-18 KJV):
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
"

Jesus cast out demons* (and said His believers would, too). Are you calling HIM superstitious...!?
Jesus (supernaturally**) healed the sick (and said His believers would, too). Are you saying that those healings weren't real?

*Without counseling sessions or psychotropic drugs...
**Without shots or pills...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The demons now have names --- they are called bacteria, viruses, allergies, chemical imbalances, etc. --- none are spiritually malevolent.
Demons are real. We see them in the gospels and in acts. And yes, many things were incorrectly attributed to them in the past. But the fact that we now have the tools to more correctly attribute these maladies does NOT mean that the other does not exist. It just means that we need to rely on the spiritual gifting of Discerning of Spirits (see 1 Cor 12) to determine whether or not the demonic is involved.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I definitely get people thinking that like 1000 yrs ago, even 100 yrs ago maybe. I think they explained away a lot of illnesses & stuff on superstitious beliefs, bc they didn't have a way to find a proper explanation.
Actually they DID have a way but they refused to use it. It is called spiritual discernment.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul becke

Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,184.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
While I don't believe that Asperger's is normally demonic, these kinds of pronouncements fly straight into the teeth of those of us who are Aspies AND Charismatic/Pentecostal. (That POV verges on Atheism or, at least, Deism.)

We believe that the world is subject to physical laws AND spiritual laws. If you can fix a physical problem by physical means, then do that. If your problem(s) are resistant to physical solutions, it becomes time to consider underlying spiritual causes (and solutions).

Physical healings (which Jesus said would be exhibited among His disciples) are supernatural acts overriding natural conditions and testable. He said (in Mark 16:17-18 KJV):
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
"

Jesus cast out demons* (and said His believers would, too). Are you calling HIM superstitious...!?
Jesus (supernaturally**) healed the sick (and said His believers would, too). Are you saying that those healings weren't real?

Yes. Medicine can only remedy (where indeed it can) the proximate manifestations of whatever form the noxious effects of Original Sin on our health may take. The Original Sin of our first parents is the ultimate cause, however, of all illnesses, indeed imperfections in this life. One can argue that life itself is mortally flawed, since it leads to death (hence the expressions, 'mortal life', mortality, etc). Despite repeated announcements in the newspapers that a cure for growing old and dying has been found, it's all 'pie in the sky'.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

"

Asperger's is never demonic. I looked at your profile. You wrote that were diagnosed as an Aspie at age 45. My older sister was properly diagnosed with Asperger's when she was little. She was born in 96, in a really good family, in a really good community. We're Christians but we don't shun science or proper medical care. She went to a elementary school that had a special program for kids with Asperger's. She had a music therapist who specialized in working with Aspie kids. She's done exceptionally well at music bc of that! She's thrived pretty much her whole entire life, thanks to getting the right care for her being an Aspie. She got a full merit scholarship to the University of Chicago - that's $70,000 a yr they give to her - which is one of the best universities in the entire world. Bc she's AMAZING. I think bc of when & where she was born, our family had way more access to knowledge & medical care. Her entire life would have been different if she or our parents had been told that demons or devils were the cause & she hadn't gotten the care that she did. She's not on psychotropic drugs, or taking shots, either.

I read your post this morning, & I cried. Bc I realized there are people IRL who are lead to believe their Asperger's or their family member's Asperger's was caused by demons or the devils or whatever. It hurt my heart so much that there are people who are deluded into thinking that. Worse, that they twist Scriptures around. You are dead wrong that my post verged on atheism or deism. No. It does not & that's manipulative of you. It is based on honest facts. I stand firm behind what I wrote & if you've or someone else has got a problem with it, that's not my problem at all.

Do not ever write to me again. Put me on your ignore list please. I'm going to put you on mine. I'm glad I read your post tho. As soon as my parents walk in the door this afternoon I'm going to give them a hug for doing right by my sister. You made me so grateful that she has never, ever, ever had someone tell her such delusional, hurtful, cruel lies. I can't even imagine how much it would hurt to be lead to believe that devils or demons had caused you or someone you love to have Asperger's. SMH.

Actually they DID have a way but they refused to use it. It is called spiritual discernment.

Many people have thought they were using spiritual discernment but were wrong.My friend here wrote to me bc she read that man's post. Her parents are drs & have volunteered around the world in really poor areas where there's not much proper medical care. They've treated people who've had illnesses & diseases that locals thought were caused by demons. Some have used the same scriptures that man just did, to justify it. It caused the people "afflicted" to be shunned, subjected to exorcisms & stuff. Not given proper care to actually treat them. To feel so much despair & agony. She said there was this little girl in Peru who was beaten, starved, isolated, bc a priest told her family she had a demon inside her & they were trying to get it out. It was bc the girl would have these tantrums all the time, never listened & spoke gibberish. Her dad diagnosed the girl as being deaf & having some really painful infections. She was not "possessed". She changed for the better once she got the right treatment, but the abuse she suffered probably did lasting damage.She said people have thought cancer was caused by demons, too & not gotten treatment that could save their lives bc of that. I shudder to think what could have happened to my sister if she'd been born in a different time & place & into a different family than ours.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Asperger's is never demonic.
I read your post this morning, & I cried. Bc I realized there are people IRL who are lead to believe their Asperger's or their family member's Asperger's was caused by demons or the devils or whatever.
There is no need to cry. Everything that has a natural cause like blindness and Aspergers can be (and has been) faked by demons at one time or another. I have Aspergers and, by all accounts, it does not appear to be demonic. But I have had (and been delivered of) a number of spirits that NTs might have, too (e.g. a proud or religious spirit). Being on the spectrum does not make us impervious to demonic oppression, just as we are not impervious to viral, bacterial and fungal infections. We just wear it differently.

If I proposed that my children had any of the above-named infections, would you take offense at that? If I suggest that they are struggling with demonic issues on top of their (non-demonic) autism, it is in that same context.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,184.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Asperger's is never demonic. I looked at your profile. You wrote that were diagnosed as an Aspie at age 45. My older sister was properly diagnosed with Asperger's when she was little. She was born in 96, in a really good family, in a really good community. We're Christians but we don't shun science or proper medical care. She went to a elementary school that had a special program for kids with Asperger's. She had a music therapist who specialized in working with Aspie kids. She's done exceptionally well at music bc of that! She's thrived pretty much her whole entire life, thanks to getting the right care for her being an Aspie. She got a full merit scholarship to the University of Chicago - that's $70,000 a yr they give to her - which is one of the best universities in the entire world. Bc she's AMAZING. I think bc of when & where she was born, our family had way more access to knowledge & medical care. Her entire life would have been different if she or our parents had been told that demons or devils were the cause & she hadn't gotten the care that she did. She's not on psychotropic drugs, or taking shots, either.

I read your post this morning, & I cried. Bc I realized there are people IRL who are lead to believe their Asperger's or their family member's Asperger's was caused by demons or the devils or whatever. It hurt my heart so much that there are people who are deluded into thinking that. Worse, that they twist Scriptures around. You are dead wrong that my post verged on atheism or deism. No. It does not & that's manipulative of you. It is based on honest facts. I stand firm behind what I wrote & if you've or someone else has got a problem with it, that's not my problem at all.

Do not ever write to me again. Put me on your ignore list please. I'm going to put you on mine. I'm glad I read your post tho. As soon as my parents walk in the door this afternoon I'm going to give them a hug for doing right by my sister. You made me so grateful that she has never, ever, ever had someone tell her such delusional, hurtful, cruel lies. I can't even imagine how much it would hurt to be lead to believe that devils or demons had caused you or someone you love to have Asperger's. SMH.

Many people have thought they were using spiritual discernment but were wrong.My friend here wrote to me bc she read that man's post. Her parents are drs & have volunteered around the world in really poor areas where there's not much proper medical care. They've treated people who've had illnesses & diseases that locals thought were caused by demons. Some have used the same scriptures that man just did, to justify it. It caused the people "afflicted" to be shunned, subjected to exorcisms & stuff. Not given proper care to actually treat them. To feel so much despair & agony. She said there was this little girl in Peru who was beaten, starved, isolated, bc a priest told her family she had a demon inside her & they were trying to get it out. It was bc the girl would have these tantrums all the time, never listened & spoke gibberish. Her dad diagnosed the girl as being deaf & having some really painful infections. She was not "possessed". She changed for the better once she got the right treatment, but the abuse she suffered probably did lasting damage.She said people have thought cancer was caused by demons, too & not gotten treatment that could save their lives bc of that. I shudder to think what could have happened to my sister if she'd been born in a different time & place & into a different family than ours.

It's your privilege of course to put me on our ignore list. I wasn't planning on writing to you, as it happens, though I'm now mortified that I caused you such anguish. I would like to have been able to say ever so politely that your reaction was childishly uncomprehending , but a kind and very devout elderly lady we knew told us that she hated the idea of, for example, cancer, being ULTIMATELY caused by (Original) Sin. But the fact of the matter is that you have jumped the gun terribly, and it is I who should be railing against you. I'm not singling out Aspergers, I surely indicated that ALL ILLNESSES are ULTIMATELY demonic in origin via Original sin. Like you, the very thought of demonic harassment in any shape or form spooked her, partly, perhaps, because she MISTAKENLY associated it with personal guilt for actions or attitudes in her life. I think she realised it was on a subliminal emotional level.

If I were in a country where women were murdered because they'd been branded as a witch, I would not have discussed the subject at all with them, unless to clarify confusion on their part. With them it would not be a question of proximate cause and ultimate cause, but of either a medically-defined cause, or a supernatural cause. I had assumed that you wolud be able to distinguish between them, but I don't know how old you are.

My church (RC) also happens to believe that we should always make the medical profession our first port of call in seeking treatment for all illnesses. I suppose reading about some of the more 'unsound' fundamentalists beating people to death by way of misconceived and woefully executed attempts at exorcising a family member has created a horror of an association of sickness with demons on any level, despite the words of Christ and the evangelists in the Gospels.

There is nothing to be frightened or ashamed of. If you can't handle the thought of Original Sin, just forget it for the purposes of discussion. Or was it you that brought it up? Not all demonic torments and persecutions are possessions, and I believe I read that even the latter do not necessarily denote guilt on the part of the victim. Incidentally, I've read of many miraculous cures of very seriously, physically ill people (among whom I DO NOT number Aspergers sufferers), but none in which a cure was attempted via an exorcism, for which most applications are turned down, in any case, as requiring medical treatment, not spiritual treatment. And Aspergers syndrome would definitely NOT be an affliction for which exorcism would be considered AT ALL APPROPRIATE. I hope this clarifies things for you, though perhaps you'll not get to read it.

Incidentally, you must have been looking at the wrong profile. I have never been diagnosed as an Aspie, at 45 or any other age,. If anything I tend too far in the other direction, that of an empath. Mercifully, it takes all types.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Incidentally, you must have been looking at the wrong profile. I have never been diagnosed as an Aspie, at 45 or any other age,.
That was a (mis?)response to my post and profile, but I would have said much of the same thing.

Upvote 0