Harry Potter should not be watched by Christians.

Can Christians fill their minds with Harry Potter, Narnia, & other magic type fantasy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The common "witch craft" person is either a scammer, nerd, or a woke. Magic or whatever supernatural stuff in movies, books, or games are not real and definitely not wrong.

Biblical fundamentalism is the sin we should warn against more - it is more close to satanic than Hermoine, Captain Kirk, and Chewbacca.

Unbelievable. So you are saying that there are no people out there who dabble in the dark arts today?
No demon possessions? No real witchcraft magic takes place by the working of the enemy? The Bible actually condemns sorcery in the New Testament. What of that? Just fiction? Non existent?

Furthermore, 2 Thessalonians 2:9 says,
"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it is more close to satanic than Hermoine, Captain Kirk, and Chewbacca.

Well, at least you admit these fictional ideas here (that I quoted above) are satanic.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Unbelievable. So you are saying that there are no people out there who dabble in the dark arts today?
No demon possessions? No real witchcraft magic takes place by the working of the enemy? The Bible actually condemns sorcery in the New Testament. What of that? Just fiction? Non existent?

Furthermore, 2 Thessalonians 2:9 says,
"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders"

I'm not saying there are not, there should be a bunch of crazies who make stars on the floor. But none of that in fictional fantasy is anything real.

Now, when are you going to show this HP stuff is real by proving proven events of magic being done/used? Why is this HP books evil and your views not, especially when your fundamentalistic views have lead to murders, racism, and slavery? You keep questioning me yet are still stalling to prove your claims.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying there are not, there should be a bunch of crazies who make stars on the floor. But none of that in fictional fantasy is anything real.

Now, when are you going to show this HP stuff is real by proving proven events of magic being done/used? Why is this HP books evil and your views not, especially when your fundamentalistic views have lead to murders, racism, and slavery? You keep questioning me yet are still stalling to prove your claims.

Well, I am a New Testament Non-Resistant, so I do not see how Christians who believe in Non-Resistance through out history would want to murder anyone. I am also not for slavery, either. I am also against racism, as well. The few Christians who truly follow the narrow way who are conservative are not going to be racist, and or be for slavery. These are just ad hominems that does not really address the problem of sinful entertainment these days. Lets just say that the witchcraft power by the working of the enemy is not real for a moment (even though I believe the enemy does have some level of power as mentioned in Scripture), if a person attempts to do the real sin of witchcraft (with even nothing happening) they are still sinning. The fact that if one person can potentially sin by watching these movies is statistically possible or at least has happened at least once, right? So if this is the case, then we should warn folks not to watch these things out of love for for our neighbor (or that one guy who can fall into sorcery or witchcraft by watching Harry Potter).

Side Note:

I am not in support of Christianity that is heavily into politics. While the far right may get some things right morally speaking, they are not without many flaws or faults. I am also strongly against a sin and still be saved gospel these days, and or Eternal Security. I believe we are saved by God's grace, and Sanctification (Holy living). I believe this way because that is what my Bible says and not some group of men or church says.

In any event, may all manner of good things be unto you in the Lord (even if we disagree strongly on this topic).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am a New Testament Non-Resistant, so I do not see how Christians who believe in Non-Resistance through out history would want to murder anyone if that violates what they strongly believe. I am also not for slavery, either. I am also against racism, as well. The few Christians who truly follow the narrow way who are conservative are not going to be racist, and or be for slavery. These are just ad hominems that attempts that do not really address the problem of sinful entertainment causes these days. Lets just say that the witchcraft power by the working of the enemy is not real for a moment (even though I believe the enemy does have some level of power as mentioned in Scripture), if a person attempts to do the real sin of witchcraft (with even nothing happening) they are still sinning. The fact that if one person can potentially sin by watching these movies is statistically possible or at least has happened at least once, right? So if this is the case, then we should warn folks not to watch these things out of love for for our neighbor (or that one guy who can fall into sorcery or witchcraft).

It doesn't matter, because there have been christians who thought killing gypsies and suspected witches wasn't murder but an act for God. There is nothing different from what you think to what they thought.

Just look at how many posts went by in where you're ignoring my request for evidence of actual evil and magic happening out of influence from HP. If you "stick up for truth" as much as you claimed then there should be a confirmed report somewhere. I will continue to hold you on to this.

edit: i don't understand why you are this emotionally/religiously attached to magic being real. You should be relieved that non of the fictional fantasy media is harmless and isn't real, however you are strongly defending this "power" of satan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter, because there have been christians who thought killing gypsies and suspected witches wasn't murder but an act for God. What you label as "non-resistant" is really just fundamentalism. There is nothing different from what you think to what they thought.

I can assure you I am not for physical violence or the causing of harm upon another of any kind (not even in self defense). I believe the Lord Jesus Christ and His followers taught Non-Resistance. This means that Non-Resistant type Christians like myself would not kill witches even though they would heavily condemn such a sin verbally.

I believe the Puritans (Presbyterians, or Calvinists) were involved in putting to death witches.
I believe this was wrong of them to do this. In fact, I am strongly against Calvinism and Non-Calvinistic Eternal Security.

You said:
These are not adhominems but actual facts that have to be shown to you with out sugarcoating

Just look at how many posts went by in where you've just ignored showing any evidence of actual evil and magic happening out of influence from HP. If you "stick up for truth" as much as you claimed then there should be a confirmed report somewhere. I will continue to hold you on to this.

I provided two videos of how kids play with Harry Potter wands, etc. This shows that they are fantasizing about the sin of witchcraft. While it may not be real witchcraft, it is toying with the idea of real sorcery (that can potentially lead down a wrong path). I have also provided a testimony of an ex witch who provided testimonies of children desiring to cast spells, etc. because of their enjoyment in watching Harry Potter. I can only imagine that you think this testimony is false or something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can assure you I am not for physical violence or the causing of harm upon another of any kind (not even in self defense). I believe the Lord Jesus Christ and His followers taught Non-Resistance. This means that Non-Resistant type Christians like myself would not kill witches even though they would heavily condemn such a sin verbally.
How you handle things doesn't eliminate the fact that your beliefs in this witchcraft are still the same as those christians back then. Those verses of Duet that you cited, is the same verses those christians used when they arrested the gypsies, jews, and anyone suspected of being a witch.

I provided two videos of how kids play with Harry Potter wands, etc. This shows that they are fantasizing about the sin of witchcraft. While it may not be real witchcraft, it is toying with real sorcery. I have also provided a testimony of an ex witch who provided testimonies of children desiring to cast spells, etc. because of their enjoyment in watching Harry Potter. I can only imagine that you think this testimony is false or something.

You can't be serious here. Aside from this being completely ludicrous, none of these have resulted in any magic happening or any one getting harmed by supernatural forces. That is what I am asking you to provide otherwise none of this is evil or wrong. and that ex witch is likely just another lunatic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.