• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Harold Camping - The Fraud Exposed

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Achilles6129, May 21, 2011.

1. SummaScriptura

SummaScriptura Forever Newbie

+936
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I can testify to his being as rational today as when I first heard him in 1977. He was always a bit kookoo, its just borne its harvest now, that's all.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  2. Pythons

Pythons Well-Known Member

+133
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    However along with William Miller they admitted their error and stated "nothing happened" on 22 October 1844...
    ...The SDA's, refusing to admit error, approx 15 years later said something massive happened.
    ...And that became the I.J. Doctrine of SDA.

Pastor Doug Batechlor has the nerve to "call out Camping" for his false prophecy....
    ...While at the same time hosting lectures on the I.J. and how the Bible proves.
    ...The SDA Church is the remnant.

3. SummaScriptura

+936
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Harold Camping is walking the well-worn path of others as well...

In 1914, one of the many failed prophecies of the Jehovah's Witnesses came about. Jesus was supposed to return. He didn't, but I think you knew that... So, in order to cover their tracks they began teaching that Jesus DID indeed return and set up his spiritual rule from the Society's premises in Brooklyn. Since those days they started denying there had been any failed prophecy, but that everything happened as they said it would. They also began a campaign of gathering up old publications with the predictions and destroying them.

Do you think after HC is gone he'll have his own cult? I think its very possible.

4. razeontherock

razeontherock Well-Known Member

+1,315
    Christian
    Single
    What flavor kool-aid will they serve?

5. SummaScriptura

+936
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Yeah, someone called in and asked Harold Camping that very question tonight. He acted like he didn't get the reference and hung up.

6. freeChris44

freeChris44 Newbie

+3
    Christian
    Private
    Its utterly disgusting that the "brethren" of Christ will not come together and pray and love on this man. You all shall be ashamed of yourself for your judgment towards this man. You will be judged for it. The rapture did occur and judgment did begin. Seek The Holy Ghost.

7. razeontherock

+1,315
    Christian
    Single
    Care to explain that?

8. freeChris44

freeChris44 Newbie

+3
    Christian
    Private
    No. :clap:

9. SummaScriptura

+936
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Wow, I'm feeling a lot of judging from you and no love. C'mon over here and remove the speck of dust from my eye, please.

10. SummaScriptura

+936
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Harold Camping has a very deceiving manner about him. He has a prententiousness that goes like this, "I'm just a man who makes mistakes". He then shows his true face and begins talking about "all churches" as being under the control of Satan since 1988; no one can receive salvation in any Church since 1988. You see, pretending humility he then lifts himself to the loftiest of heights as the judge of any and all that happen to attend any Church. Classic passive agressivism.

Am I judging? You bet. Saint Peter said, "there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies". Why would he warn us in that way if we are not to recognize them when they come? Saint John warned, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." Would God warn us of such a danger and then tell us, "don't judge! don't recognize! Don't identify them by name!"? I don't think so.

I am now convinced Harold has successfully created a cult for himself. It will outlive him. Just as the ones started by Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Smith and Ellen White have.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  11. razeontherock

+1,315
    Christian
    Single
    Was he the whackjob behind "88 reasons for the rapture in 1988?"

12. bbbbbbb

bbbbbbb Guest

+0
    No, that was a different whackjob.

13. Achilles6129

Achilles6129 Veteran

+329
    Non-Denom
    US-Republican
    The important lesson here is that you can find "evidence" for anything if you try hard enough. You see, looking at it from a certain angle I'm sure that Harold Camping and his followers thought they had evidence that Christ was going to rapture them on May 21, 2011. In other words, they thought they did their homework.

The point of the matter is that while people are to blame for following him and his nonsensical interpretations, Harold Camping does take advantage of individuals who sincerely wish for the rapture to happen and sincerely want to go to be with God. They thought they did their homework because Camping projectiled a bunch of "make-sense" numbers at them. He then proceeded to reinterpret the book of Revelation to them and reinterpret Christ's statements in Mt. 24:36 for them.

You can find evidence for anything if you try hard enough. The way to interpret the Scriptures is through the Scriptures themselves. Simply put, Jesus Christ just means exactly what he says.

Ultimately people are responsible for their own decisions. However, Harold Camping must take a share of the blame here as well for taking advantage of those enraptured (no pun intended) in his doctrines.

Are you a follower of Mr. Camping? It sounds like you are. Let me ask you a question - What do you think Peter, or John, or Paul would say if Harold Camping lived back in their day?

"1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." 2 Pet. 2:1-3

"16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some." 2 Tim. 2:16-18

In short, freeChris44, the rapture did not occur, nor will it occur prior to the book of Revelation starting, and judgment did not begin, nor is it possible that judgment (I assume you're referring to the book of Revelation here) begin until we have a global government and an antichrist.

14. DrenchedInHisBlood

DrenchedInHisBlood Renewing the innner man

+7
    Non-Denom
    did anyone in their church have a preaching regarding the May 21 matter? I am just wondering how many church preached a rebuttal message about it. My church is having a message about it this Sunday. Our sermons are uploaded in my church's youtube account. I will share it here soon next week.

15. Achilles6129

Achilles6129 Veteran

+329
    Non-Denom
    US-Republican
    Well, at least one man still follows Harold Camping:

Harold Camping Believer Broke yet Still Keeps Faith in October 21 Judgment Day, Christian News

16. Achilles6129

Achilles6129 Veteran

+329
    Non-Denom
    US-Republican
    Harold Camping's timeline of events is as follows:

October 21 Countdown: Four Key Dates in Harold Camping's Doomsday, Christian News

So now from May 21, 1988 until Sept. 7, 1994 no one could possibly be saved.

Camping also teaches that from now until Oct. 21st when the world will supposedly end no one can be saved. Which of course is preposterous.

If you are a follower of this man I hope you will read through this thread and reconsider your position.

17. SummaScriptura

+936
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Mr. Confusion.

Can anyone coroborate what I have heard second-hand, that HC denies the deity of Christ?

18. Achilles6129

Achilles6129 Veteran

+329
    Non-Denom
    US-Republican
    Family Radio Alternative | Redeemer Broadcasting, Inc.

19. SoldierOfSoul

SoldierOfSoul Senior Veteran

+168
    Christian
    Married
    The old axiom is true: "any new theology is heresy".