United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mmmm, I find it depressing rather than interesting. :(
Because non Christians are already chalking it up as another reason for not believing in God or Scripture. And because this guy is presumably a preacher yet he doesn't seen to have read his Bible much.
He is reported to have been mystified about why the end of the world didn't come on May 21st. I am mystified as to why he is mystified. Try reading the Bible, mate.

8 minutes to go.
:)

The Rapture Index

Rapture Index 180
Net Change unch

Rapture Index of 100 and Below: Slow prophetic activity
Rapture Index of 100 to 130: Moderate prophetic activity
Rapture Index of 130 to 160: Heavy prophetic activity
Rapture Index above 160: Fasten your seat belts
images

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For those who need to know, for those who were, or are following a certain 'radio host' and were expecting 'it' to be today...

May 21st Special Report on AFTV > After May 21st

...know that things must happen first before Christ Jesus will come...
Evidently he neglected to read what Jesus told His disciples in the Olivet Discourse :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392923/
How much of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

NKJV) Matthew 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be?....

NKJV) Mark 13:4 "Tell us, when will these things be?....

NKJV) Luke 21:7 So they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, but when will these things be?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The sun is streaming through my window this afternoon and my calendar reads October 22. It will be interesting to see how Mr. Camping will spin this problem for him. I pity those folks who were deluded by him and hope that they have learned a lesson from their error.

I was reading some of their forums yesterday, they were already saying that it might be today instead because of when the New moon was. Looking forward to the next excuse.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Poor folks.

But in a way I can kind of understand. A lot of people have been deluded into believing the rapture/2nd coming was near in the previous centuries. And, alot of people have been wondering why Christ has been taking so long to return.

" 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept." Mt. 25:5

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was reading some of their forums yesterday, they were already saying that it might be today instead because of when the New moon was. Looking forward to the next excuse.
Just in time for Halloween :)

Young) Colossians 2:16 Let no one then judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon/noumhniaV <3561> or of sabbaths,

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This man is an incredibly evil individual. Just think of everything that his followers went through - all the time, money, and prestige they wasted. Of course, it was their own fault for following him - but something tells me he took advantage of the fact that they wanted to be raptured and wanted Jesus Christ to return.

Unfortunately, it seems that Camping and his followers have rejected the Scriptures.

Unlikely . It is through this idea of needing the Scriptures over the Lord that leads people this way . That and needing human leaders .

Unfortunately , even though not quite going this far , many groups today are the same way . People will do whatever their leaders say . They are afraid of leaving their groups because they have been convinced ( many from early childhood ) that leaving their group would "endanger their souls" . It wouldn't take all that much for many of the groups to do just what this group has done .

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unlikely . It is through this idea of needing the Scriptures over the Lord that leads people this way . That and needing human leaders .

Unfortunately , even though not quite going this far , many groups today are the same way . People will do whatever their leaders say . They are afraid of leaving their groups because they have been convinced ( many from early childhood ) that leaving their group would "endanger their souls" . It wouldn't take all that much for many of the groups to do just what this group has done .

What exactly are you advocating here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can't rule out mental illness either...people who need control, people with narcissism, people with other disorders etc... can believe they are the ONLY ones who know something, or that God revealed something new to them, more current than the Bible. (I don't subscribe to such, just saying.)

Also, pathologically speaking (not just the general population of such), people who need to be lead, need to follow, need rules, those who are legalistic in their beliefs, will tend to ignore or make excuses when their leader goes against something they might otherwise believe.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't it a bit of a stretch to say rapture would of been now, when we had no anti-christ? no fleeing to the mountains, no trumpet blasts of releasing plagues... i don't think Harold really knows scripture all that well
That's not Camping's template, that's yours. Camping is uses a hermeneutic of over-spiritualization to explain the apocalyptic Scriptures.

That's how he can read just about anything into the text.

Case in point: the 200,000,000 scorpion-like creatures described in Revelation 9? Well, those are the 200,000,000 Christians who get raptured.

The power of their stings? well, that is because those left behind will be "stung" by the realization that they've been left behind!

See how easy that is?

Upvote 0
S

Sieben

That's not Camping's template, that's yours. Camping is uses a hermeneutic of over-spiritualization to explain the apocalyptic Scriptures.

That's how he can read just about anything into the text.

Case in point: the 200,000,000 scorpion-like creatures described in Revelation 9? Well, those are the 200,000,000 Christians who get raptured.

The power of their stings? well, that is because those left behind will be "stung" by the realization that they've been left behind!

See how easy that is?

that's... ridiculous lol

Upvote 0