Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What in the world does pockets have to do with covenants? Where'd you get such an idea from?

From you
You said
The actual truth is that the 10C were from God's side. It became part of the covenant when the COI said that they would keep it.

You often make statements that are void of texts, so I have to ask you where did that idea come from?

CRIB

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by djconklin
What in the world does pockets have to do with covenants? Where'd you get such an idea from?

From you
You said

Quote:
The actual truth is that the 10C were from God's side. It became part of the covenant when the COI said that they would keep it.

You often make statements that are void of texts, so I have to ask you where did that idea come from?

Well, I thought it was rather common knowledge that God wrote the 10C--my apologies for assuming too much. Maybe this will help in your continuing education regarding the Word of God:

Exodus 31:18 (King James Version)

And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I thought it was rather common knowledge that God wrote the 10C--my apologies for assuming too much. Maybe this will help in your continuing education regarding the Word of God:

Exodus 31:18 (King James Version)

And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Go ahead, I have a sense of Hummer too, but you've been dodging my question since #325 about your reply to my statement.

CribHadSaid said:
Truth is, these ten commandments is a covenant made at Sinai that God said He would replace with a new covenant. [/QUOTED]
DJreplied said:
The actual truth is that the 10C were from God's side. It became part of the covenant when the COI said that they would keep it. In the NC that God made He said he would write His law on our hearts.
Then I've been asking you for clarification since......

Just as I thought, you're beating around the burning bush.

CRIB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is most unfortunate for some, that the entire Bible is not given to us as instructions for the plan of salvation, complete with a step by step guide that can not be challenged, and is simple enough for a four year old to comprehind without study. That is not the case however.
Doc, it's not like anyone here cant read and understand the bible. The problem comes in when SDA members explain "sabbath in Eden" , "TenCommandments known by Cain" or other beliefs that we try to "discuss or debate" (D/D) . You guy wont stand still for questions, after you have unloaded truckloads of commentary. Truthfully, we've heard your side of the story from many angles. We find some things contradictory but noone want to answer our replies to your claims.
On the other hand, there is a chain of refference and logic that can be applied from Gen. 1:1 to Rev. 22:21 and will make it quite clear what the intent of the law was/is as well as the letter of the law was/is to be found in God's Word, the Bible. IF I can think of a way to present this topic without constant disruption and disagreement I shall return a bit later, when I have the time as it will take me some time to compile the information into readable copy, and attempt to clarify some of the very important points made in this thread.

Respectfully, your brother in Christ,
Doc

Doc if you dont have scripture reference for each point, we really wish we could address them one statement at a time.....
.....because when you download Doug Batchelor or others, SDA members say Amen, and you run off with your chest sticking out.
Face it Doc, you dont care what others have to say, because you never engage in converstion for long, you just download a pile of material and hope we get your message. That's not gospel.

Respectfully

CRIB

Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
what is the point of yalz argument. for there are so many words? are u saying that the 10 commandment is the law that is done away with??? we are not under the 10 commandments o god anymore? so why do we keep the sabbath etc. correct me if i am wrong. yal need stop arguing still.. very discouraging. confusing.

I reposted this to make a point.......

We who are not Adventist would defend the right of SDA to keep the sabbath. Our argument is not about what you're doing.
The truth is you condemn non adventist for not keeping the sabbath. So when we try to explain our hardcore possition, we come up against socalled christian who need to be reminded about the other commandments.

To us, the issue about day(s) to honor God is settled in scriptures.

context does matter

CRIB

Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i sense a whole load of tension strife etc one this site. every where i go.. lol.. as christian why are we arguing among our selves. we have so many agnostics and atheists her. and yet we are against our selves. let a man have his own thing. when God come we will all be judge. just spread the love of christ to the ppl who dont have it. mek a man get what him get from the bible. for it is STUPID and ANNOYING major when yal argue over these stupid littel things. one man care another thinks its not a big deal. stay on the save side. better u have a weak conscience than go sin.. i dont even know what yal arguing bout but i just feel the heat lol
I can't speak for others dear sister, but I find it difficult to witness someone promoting error without countering it on behalf of those who may make a decision based on those errors. In this respect, those who argue for the truth perform a good but thankless role in God's plan.
From proverbs; "Those that forsake the law praise the wicked, but such as keep the law contend with the wicked."
It comes from proverbs 28 (I think) and the entire chapter is related to this very issue.
Bless you, just giving you an insight into my own motives, I cannot speak for others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't speak for others dear sister, but I find it difficult to witness someone promoting error without countering it on behalf of those who may make a decision based on those errors. In this respect, those who argue for the truth perform a good but thankless role in God's plan.
From proverbs; "Those that forsake the law praise the wicked, but such as keep the law contend with the wicked."
It comes from proverbs 28 (I think) and the entire chapter is related to this very issue.
Bless you, just giving you an insight into my own motives, I cannot speak for others.

We'd love to see you or others explain the errors that we make. The problem we have is when your (not you personally) statements have no biblical evidence.

Anyone can throw a proverb or texts without context arround. We try to present answers and the gospel as it was deliver to the Gentiles Christians. The manner in which text are use from the bible is reason to consider what God really requires of us. We dont get a chance to make our case before the questions and arguments comes rolling in.

CRIB

Upvote 0

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We'd love to see you or others explain the errors that we make. The problem we have is when your (not you personally) statements have no biblical evidence.

Anyone can throw a proverb or texts without context arround. We try to present answers and the gospel as it was deliver to the Gentiles Christians. The manner in which text are use from the bible is reason to consider what God really requires of us. We dont get a chance to make our case before the questions and arguments comes rolling in.

CRIB
All of Proverbs gives context. There is no picking the eyes out of scripture if you take it all into context. Thus, you must also fit in such things as found in;
Romans, chapter 6
"1": What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

"2": God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

"3": Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

"4": Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

"5": For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

"6": Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

"7": For he that is dead is freed from sin.

"8": Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

"9": Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

"10": For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

"11": Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

"12": Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

"13": Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

"14": For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

"15": What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

"16": KNOW YE NOT, THAT TO WHOM YE YIELD YOURSELVES SERVANTS TO OBEY, HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY; WHETHER OF SIN UNTO DEATH, OR OF OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS? "

Here you have complete context with a scripture quote.
This supports what is written in proverbs, and I hasten to point out to you that Solomon being called to build the house of God did more than have building materials erected by hand, because he was God's instrument through His Spirit to lay before us the building materials for the temple built without hands. This is what the proverbs are for, they are character instructions for those who are to be of the household of God in Christ. You can see this can't you? Thus, nobody can accuse me of being in bondage to any other than Christ, because it is Him who I lend myself to obey. When He said "If you love Me, keep My commandments", I reckognised Him as Paul also did;
1 Corinthians, chapter 10:
"1": Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

"2": And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

"3": And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

"4": And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST.

"5": But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. (see Hebrews 4)

"6": Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

"7": Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

"8": Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

"9": Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

"10": Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

"11": Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

"12": Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

"13": There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

"14": Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

"15": I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

"16": The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

"17": For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

"18": Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the alter?

"19": What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

"20": But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

"21": Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

"22": Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Notice in verse 4 that it was Christ who was with them back then. Thus when He, Christ says if you love Me keep My commandments, we recognise Who wrote on the tablets of stone as Christ? Don't you?

John, chapter 1

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: The same was in the beginning with God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Who is Our Maker?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All of Proverbs gives context. There is no picking the eyes out of scripture if you take it all into context. Thus, you must also fit in such things as found in;
Romans, chapter 6
"1": What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

"2": God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

"3": Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

"4": Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

"5": For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

"6": Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

"7": For he that is dead is freed from sin.

"8": Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

"9": Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

"10": For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

"11": Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

"12": Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

"13": Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

"14": For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

"15": What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

"16": KNOW YE NOT, THAT TO WHOM YE YIELD YOURSELVES SERVANTS TO OBEY, HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY; WHETHER OF SIN UNTO DEATH, OR OF OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS? "

This supports what is written in proverbs, and I hasten to point out to you that Solomon being called to build the house of God did more than have building materials erected by hand, because he was God's instrument through His Spirit to lay before us the building materials for the temple built without hands. This is what the proverbs are for, they are character instructions for those who are to be of the household of God in Christ. You can see this can't you? Thus, nobody can accuse me of being in bondage to any other than Christ, because it is Him who I lend myself to obey. When He said "If you love Me, keep My commandments", I reckognised Him as Paul also did;
1 Corinthians, chapter 10:
"1": Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

"2": And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

"3": And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

"4": And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST.

"5": But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. (see Hebrews 4)

"6": Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

"7": Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

"8": Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

"9": Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

"10": Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

"11": Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

"12": Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

"13": There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

"14": Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

"15": I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

"16": The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

"17": For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

"18": Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the alter?

"19": What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

"20": But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

"21": Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

"22": Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Notice in verse 4 that it was Christ who was with them back then. Thus when He, Christ says if you love Me keep My commandments, we recognise Who wrote on the tablets of stone as Christ? Don't you?

John, chapter 1

1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Who is Our Maker?
With all due respects,
I wonder if others see what you see and share in your understanding?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elijahorao

Nov 20, 2005
Australia
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With all due respects,
I wonder if others see what you see and share in your understanding?
But, according to Jesus, although others do, NOT ALL others do. There are those who have eyes and do not see, those who have ears and do not hear. Often, it is not God's fault, it is the consequence of a free soul choosing to stick their fingers in their ears and saying; "LA LA LA LA I'm not listening!" or turning their back on what is written and saying "I do not see that."

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But, according to Jesus, although others do, NOT ALL others do. There are those who have eyes and do not see, those who have ears and do not hear. Often, it is not God's fault, it is the consequence of a free soul choosing to stick their fingers in their ears and saying; "LA LA LA LA I'm not listening!" or turning their back on what is written and saying "I do not see that."

Ouch!

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
@ elijahorao

elijahorao, You seem to have extracted 1verse from each of the those 2 chapters to make a case for "keeping the commandments"?
This questionable use of scriptures often contradicts the lessons being taught in the same context used to extract your selected words.
In your post....#353 the text is saying one thing and your comments are saying another. (they dont fit)

:scratch: I'm not surprise that RND can see your arguments, but I dont. (no further comments on that.)

In your first set of text.... Rom 6:1-16 You highlighted only verse "16": KNOW YE NOT, THAT TO WHOM YE YIELD YOURSELVES SERVANTS TO OBEY, HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY; WHETHER OF SIN UNTO DEATH, OR OF OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS? "

Then your comment were as follows;

elijahorao said:
This supports what is written in proverbs, and I hasten to point out to you that Solomon being called to build the house of God did more than have building materials erected by hand, because he was God's instrument through His Spirit to lay before us the building materials for the temple built without hands. This is what the proverbs are for, they are character instructions for those who are to be of the household of God in Christ. You can see this can't you? Thus, nobody can accuse me of being in bondage to any other than Christ, because it is Him who I lend myself to obey. When He said "If you love Me, keep My commandments", .......
From your comments thus far, I see 2 lessons, a)"What are proverbs for", and a lesson on b)"obedience".

The text used to support your comments on obedience, has no implications that the ten commandments are due "obedience unto righteousness." but that seems to be what you're talking about. True or False?

What should we do with the true lesson taken from that context that sayeth............

So, you ignor the context and ran off to some other texts by saying.......
elijahorao said:
When He said "If you love Me, keep My commandments", I reckognised Him as Paul also did;1 Corinthians, chapter 10:1-22

John, chapter 1

Who is Our Maker?

:doh: Thats not gospel son, that's just not gospel

CRIB

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
:scratch: I'm not surprise that RND can see your arguments, but I dont. (no further comments on that.)

I actually take that as a complement.

Mat 13:9
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Mat 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually take that as a complement.

Mat 13:9
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Mat 13:14
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Resist the urge to argue and just prove the content of his argument that relates the all those text that he posted.

CRIB

Upvote 0