Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Resist the urge to argue and just prove the content of his argument that relates the all those text that he posted.

CRIB

Why would I need to "prove" his argument for him Crib? It speaks for itself.

That was the purpose of the quotes I posted. Some people see the truth, and hear the truth, others don't. No big deal.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

That was the purpose of the quotes I posted. Some people see the truth, and hear the truth, others don't. No big deal.
.....Not one of these texts he posted say anything about keeping the commandments, the fact is, these text teaches Gentile christians that they're not under the law.
The fact that you agree is reason for you to stand up and show what you're agreeing with.
Seem to me the only thing you can do is ask tons of questions that implies your beliefs without text saying anything about it.

Here is his Roman6 text he posted...explain why you said.....
RND said:
Yes, others do.
Romans, chapter 6
"1": What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

"2": God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

"3": Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

"4": Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

"5": For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

"6": Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

"7": For he that is dead is freed from sin.

"8": Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

"9": Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

"10": For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

"11": Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

"12": Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

"13": Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

"14": For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

"15": What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

"16": KNOW YE NOT, THAT TO WHOM YE YIELD YOURSELVES SERVANTS TO OBEY, HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY; WHETHER OF SIN UNTO DEATH, OR OF OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS? "

CRIB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The point I'm trying to make is....People can say whatever sounds good, but we must apply God's word to understanding not reasoning. I will always chose to understand God's word first before I consider what others reason.

This guy posted more than 40 texts and 0% say to keep the 10commandments, but you agreed, and have nothing to say when I ask you about it.^_^

But you'll throw text that call people blind for not seeing it:D

1 Corinthians, chapter 10:
"1": Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

"2": And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

"3": And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

"4": And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and THAT ROCK WAS CHRIST.

"5": But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. (see Hebrews 4)

"6": Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

"7": Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

"8": Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

"9": Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

"10": Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

"11": Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

"12": Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

"13": There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

"14": Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

"15": I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

"16": The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

"17": For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

"18": Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the alter?

"19": What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

"20": But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

"21": Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

"22": Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Notice in verse 4 that it was Christ who was with them back then. Thus when He, Christ says if you love Me keep My commandments, we recognise Who wrote on the tablets of stone as Christ? Don't you?

:scratch: :doh: :swoon:

CRIB

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The point I'm trying to make is....People can say whatever sounds good, but we must apply God's word to understanding not reasoning.

Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God expects us to use our reason so that we can understand simple direction.

I will always chose to understand God's word first before I consider what others reason.

How can you possiblly understand God's Word without reason?

This guy posted more than 40 texts and 0% say to keep the 10commandments, but you agreed, and have nothing to say when I ask you about it.^_^

There is more about the 10 Commandments in 1 Cor 10 than you are apparently are willingly to reason with or understand Crib.

But you'll throw text that call people blind for not seeing it:D

Crib, say what you like but it is clear what 1 Cor. 10 is referring to and pointing out.

Again, that's why I left the scripture quotes I did.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Isa 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God expects us to use our reason so that we can understand simple direction.

Read that text again RND and try to apply it to understanding, before you use text again as a beating stick.

Applied understanding of that text says....
God wants to reason with sinners, in order wash away their sins.

But, you want to use the keywords, for your lesson about "reasoning with scriptures."

RND said:
How can you possiblly understand God's Word without reason?
RND, knowlege + understanding = wisdom. But when knowlege is not completely God's words we end up with the problem we are now having between us. If you reasoned with what is written then you're in order, but if you "reason in" your commentary as if God need you to add to His word, then you reasoning is out of order.

There is more about the 10 Commandments in 1 Cor 10 than you are apparently are willingly to reason with or understand Crib.
I asked you to point it out, but you chose to squibble about it. Just highlight the texts so that I can read what you're talking about. Epecially when some of those text say plainly, we're not under the law.

Crib, say what you like but it is clear what 1 Cor. 10 is referring to and pointing out.
just highlight the texts.

Again, that's why I left the scripture quotes I did.

:swoon:Nevamine

CRIB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Crib, is that "all" the text is saying? Could there be many more meanings and lessons in the text than just "one?"
In context it's relating to reasoning with God about our SINs and Him washing them away. But that's not your use of that text. Here is another version.......
15From now on, when you lift up your hands in prayer, I will refuse to look. Even though you offer many prayers, I will not listen. For your hands are covered with the blood of your innocent victims.
16 Wash yourselves and be clean! Let me no longer see your evil deeds. Give up your wicked ways.
17 Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the orphan. Fight for the rights of widows.
18"Come now, let us argue this out," says the Lord. "No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool.
19 If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat.
20 But if you keep turning away and refusing to listen, you will be destroyed by your enemies. I, the Lord, have spoken!"

Your lesson is about "God expects us to use our reason so that we can understand simple direction.
is not the understanding rendered from these text.

So when I ask you questions about what you understand, you say the lesson is plain as the nose on my face.

I really dont try to argue with you, but you dont like to be wrong, so you'll end up insulting me soon, because you wont man-up when you're wrong.

CRIB

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In context it's relating to reasoning with God about our SINs and Him washing them away. But that's not your use of that text. Here is another version.......
15From now on, when you lift up your hands in prayer, I will refuse to look. Even though you offer many prayers, I will not listen. For your hands are covered with the blood of your innocent victims.
16 Wash yourselves and be clean! Let me no longer see your evil deeds. Give up your wicked ways.
17 Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the orphan. Fight for the rights of widows.
18"Come now, let us argue this out," says the Lord. "No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool.
19 If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat.
20 But if you keep turning away and refusing to listen, you will be destroyed by your enemies. I, the Lord, have spoken!"

Your lesson is about "God expects us to use our reason so that we can understand simple direction.
is not the understanding rendered from these text.

It's not?

You mean it's "unreasonable" for God to expect us to learn His ways and learn of His character?

So when I ask you questions about what you understand, you say the lesson is plain as the nose on my face.

You mean it isn't?

Tell me. what do you think the first few verses of 1 Cor, 10 is discussing? What point(s) is Paul asking us to consider? How to throw a Frisbee or how God expects us to obedient to Him?

When Paul talks about these examples what is Paul referring to if not to live and learn from others mistakes?

I really dont try to argue with you, but you dont like to be wrong, so you'll end up insulting me soon, because you wont man-up when you're wrong.

No, I don't hate to be wrong. I'm wrong plenty. But common sense should dictate that Paul has some very deep things to say in 1 Cor. 10, about being obedient and hearing and listening to the will of God. That's the main point of the Ten Commandments. Using those simple commandments to learn how they reveal God's character and His nature and His desires for us.

For example:

1 Cor 10:5
But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

Why were these overthrown in the wilderness? Not being obedient to God? Not listening to His council? Not trusting Him? Stirring up strife and mistrust amoungst the COI? All of the above?

What does the Bible tell us?

Take that same lesson and apply it to the ten Commandments. What happens when we disobey them? Can we be overthrown in the wilderness? Does it show that we are being obedient to God? Does it show that we are not listening to His council? Not trusting Him? Stirring up strife and mistrust amoungst the COI? All of the above?

That is why Paul is specifically bringing up "idolatry," "temping God," "murmurings" and "fornication" in this chapter. Idolatry, tempting God, murmuring against God and fornication lead us away from a relationship God and towards to another relationship with evil. It is beyond interesting that these are some of the very principals found in the Ten Commandments.

1 Cor 10:6
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

That we should not place anything above the will and word of God. There can be no greater proof that these things happened and have been written for our admonishment, so we don't make the same mistakes as the COI.

1 Cor 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

This particular chapter is filled with so much spiritual meat that it will take a lifetime to eat it all.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not?

You mean it's "unreasonable" for God to expect us to learn His ways and learn of His character?
LOL, there you go again, reasoning without text.

You mean it isn't?
you're off text dude.
Tell me. what do you think the first few verses of 1 Cor, 10 is discussing? What point(s) is Paul asking us to consider? How to throw a Frisbee or how God expects us to obedient to Him?
I would'nt be shocked if you caught the frisbee. I wont say how you'd probably catch it.

When Paul talks about these examples what is Paul referring to if not to live and learn from others mistakes?

No, I don't hate to be wrong. I'm wrong plenty. But common sense should dictate that Paul has some very deep things to say in 1 Cor. 10, about being obedient and hearing and listening to the will of God. That's the main point of the Ten Commandments. Using those simple commandments to learn how they reveal God's character and His nature and His desires for us.

For example:

But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

Why were these overthrown in the wilderness? Not being obedient to God? Not listening to His council? Not trusting Him? Stirring up strife and mistrust amoungst the COI? All of the above?

What does the Bible tell us?

Take that same lesson and apply it to the ten Commandments. What happens when we disobey them? Can we be overthrown in the wilderness? Does it show that we are being obedient to God? Does it show that we are not listening to His council? Not trusting Him? Stirring up strife and mistrust amoungst the COI? All of the above?

That is why Paul is specifically bringing up "idolatry," "temping God," "murmurings" and "fornication" in this chapter. Idolatry, tempting God, murmuring against God and fornication lead us away from a relationship God and towards to another relationship with evil. It is beyond interesting that these are some of the very principals found in the Ten Commandments.

1 Cor 10:6
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

That we should not place anything above the will and word of God. There can be no greater proof that these things happened and have been written for our admonishment, so we don't make the same mistakes as the COI.

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

This particular chapter is filled with so much spiritual meat that it will take a lifetime to eat it all.

Sheeze, finally you answered my question,,,,,,,,but, remind me not to ask you what you see again:swoon:.

I will comment on what I see in a separate post. First let me put on my boots

CRIB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1COR

Old Testament Examples

1Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3all ate the same spiritual food,
4and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
5But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
7And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play." [fn1]
8Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
9nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
10nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11Now [fn2] all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

12Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
13No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Flee from Idolatry

14Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
15I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say.
16The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
17For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.

18Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?
19What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything?
20Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons.
21You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons.
22Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

My commentary to follow....fasten your seatbelts;)

CRIB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1COR10

1Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3all ate the same spiritual food,
4and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
5But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.

When you chose understanding rather than to reason outside these text, you can learn that batptism and the lord supper are our examples to follow.

Lesson1
"ALL" the COI were baptized by being under the cloud and in the sea. (V1and 2)

So must ALL Christian be baptised in water and by the holy spirit. This is our example. (v6)

ALL the COI ate spritual food (manna) which represents the body of Christ.(v3)
ALL of the COI drank spiritual drink (from the Rock) which represents the blood of Jesus. (v4)

ALL Christian are to take communion of the body and blood of Jesus(v16) this is our example (v6)

Lesson2
Most of the COI who went through the sea, ate manna and drank from the rock God was not pleased with them, they end up dead in the wilderness.(v5)

Most of the Christain who are baptised and take communion we need to take that example as a warning (11)

Why did the people end up dead?

They lusted after evil things,

7And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play." [fn1]

They worship idols

8Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
They were sexually immoral

9nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;

Let not temp Jesus to anger as the COI tempted God to anger by complaining and was destroy..
Num 21:6And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.

10nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.

11Now [fn2] all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

RND, SO far, These words from the texts do not inject or imply 10commandments keeping. We can agree that it itemizes certain SINS that are relative to the 10.com, but the hardcore fact is, no dialog about the COI or Christians and the law.
The lessons in context keeps us riveted to apply Paul's teachings to process and understanding?

I will continue commenting on these texts.

comment if you will.....but stay within the context. sheezed and watch out for frisbees

CRIB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Dont let your religion make you feel comfortable and upright, you can fall flat on your face.

13No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Assurance of deliverance from temptation is given to those in Jesus Christ. By having these words written on our mind and our hearts we can deny the enemy's advances in our lives. By claiming this assurance in the name of Jesus we're able to raise up our standard and defeat any habitual sin that can easily dominates someone life cause irrepairable dammage to include generational curses.

CRIB

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
RND, SO far, These words from the texts do not inject or imply 10commandments keeping. We can agree that it itemizes certain SINS that are relative to the 10.com, but the hardcore fact is, no dialog about the COI or Christians and the law.
The lessons in context keeps us riveted to apply Paul's teachings to process and understanding?

A dialog does not have to exist here that specify the sins listed were from the ten commandments if it lists many of the actual commandments given on Sinai. That would be like someone saying a hundred years from now that a man who comitted murder didn't do it because the law forbidding it was not in the dialog of the event after it happened. What kind of logic does that come from? The moral law defines most sins that man comits. Just because this particular set of texts does not mention the law and the children of Israel does not mean a law didn't exist or that it didn't apply to them then or us now.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Flee from Idolatry

14Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

Run away from false worshipping

15I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say.

I'm givng you wisdom, so consider this

16The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ?

The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

The communion ordinance we observe, is it not the blood and body of Jesus Christ?

17For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.
We all eat from the same loaf of bread (Jesus)

18Observe Israel after the flesh: Are not those who eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

The COI also had eaten of the same ceromonial sacrifices.

19What am I saying then? That an idol is anything, or what is offered to idols is anything?

What am I talking about? Is a Stone God real or is what is offered to it of any value?

20Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons.

The heathen that do those thing, are sacrifing to devils,

Be careful not to sacrifice to idols but rather to God.

21You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons.

You should not take communion in Jesus name if you're worshipping devils

22Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He?

This provokes God to act against you and you will lose that battle quickly.

CRIB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Dont let your religion make you feel comfortable and upright, you can fall flat on your face.

Honestly Crib, Paul wasn't talking about someone's "religion" making them feel "comfortable" or not. Paul was referring to those that think they can stand without heeding the wisdom and council of God.

Why was God not pleased with them?

Assurance of deliverance from temptation is given to those in Jesus Christ. By having these words written on our mind and our hearts we can deny the enemy's advances in our lives. By claiming this assurance in the name of Jesus we're able to raise up our standard and defeat any habitual sin that can easily dominates someone life cause irrepairable dammage to include generational curses.

Any "habitual" sin Crib?

So if one only murders a prostitute once a year, or twice a year that's ok, so long as it's not "habitual?"

The verse plainly says that there is "nothing" in our lives that we can not overcome by the power of Jesus Christ. Nothing.

Phl 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I will continue commenting on these texts.

comment if you will.....but stay within the context. sheezed and watch out for frisbees

Well Crib, this is, again, one reason why I posted the quotes to you about having eyes but not seeing, and ears but not hearing.

1 Cor 10:14
Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

Where do we find most of the "admonitions" against idolatry? If idolatry" was something that Paul counciled us to flee from what other things can we assume Paul would hav us to flee from?

Paul is instructing us in this letter that in order to present a character and nature that reflects that of God's and shows that we are listening to Him and His council to us that there are certain things we should not do. All of those things that Paul suggests that we should not do are found in the Ten Commandments.

Idolatry, tempting God, murmuring against God, fornication.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LOL, there you go again, reasoning without text.

No Crib, I was merely asking you a question based on your statement. Of course, I not surprised you didn't answer it.

you're off text dude.

Crib, I simply asked you about the text of 1 Cor 10 being fairly plain, plain as the nose on your face. What text was I way off on dude?

I would'nt be shocked if you caught the frisbee. I wont say how you'd probably catch it.

Crib, why do I suspect that you can't simply follow along and have a decent conversation with anyone?

Sheeze, finally you answered my question,,,,,,,,but, remind me not to ask you what you see again:swoon:.

Can you comprehend the answer?

I will comment on what I see in a separate post. First let me put on my boots

Ok, but stay on target.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Honestly Crib, Paul wasn't talking about someone's "religion" making them feel "comfortable" or not. Paul was referring to those that think they can stand without heeding the wisdom and council of God.

For someone who paint the ten commandments being taught you have a narrow brush in being critical of my comments.

This chapter compares both the COI and the Gentile church to whom this letter is addressed, who were both baptised and ate from the alter, so this warning is for those Christians who think they're covered.

Why was God not pleased with them?

You're confusing the texts that Paul applies to christains, by pointing to the sins of the COI (v5)

And your Q game is to control the lesson..

Any "habitual" sin Crib?

So if one only murders a prostitute once a year, or twice a year that's ok, so long as it's not "habitual?"

The verse plainly says that there is "nothing" in our lives that we can not overcome by the power of Jesus Christ. Nothing.
1Cr 10:13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Not just habitual sin ...........but any temptation to SIN especially the issues we need deliverance from RND, (drugs, fornication, adultry, depression, hatred, etc)
RND, just like you memorize the 4th commandment, some christians memorize this text so that when they came (and come) to God with any sin problem, by faith in the name of Jesus and declaring themselves as depending on Jesus, they have His assurance through His word that there is a way to escape the temptation of any SIN.

Some other facts to understand about dealing with SIN is, there are demons assigned to keep people in bondage to SIN.
RND, the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs to it and they are safe. By sincere praise, worship and prayers to God, these demon must flee. God not only redeem His word, but He protects His chidren who call on His name.

CRIB

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
For someone who paint the ten commandments being taught you have a narrow brush in being critical of my comments.

This chapter compares both the COI and the Gentile church to whom this letter is addressed, who were both baptised and ate from the alter, so this warning is for those Christians who think they're covered.

And what would lead someone to think they weren't "covered" Crib?

These things were written to be lessons to all.

You're confusing the texts that Paul applies to christains, by pointing to the sins of the COI (v5)

And your Q game is to control the lesson..

Are you suggesting that by my confussing these things that Christians can commit the same sins as the COI and get away with it?

Not just habitual sin ...........but any temptation to SIN especially the issues we need deliverance from RND, (drugs, fornication, adultry, depression, hatred, etc)

Ok. You said originally "habitual" sin. Thanks for the clarification.

RND, just like you memorize the 4th commandment, some christians memorize this text so that when they came (and come) to God with any sin problem, by faith in the name of Jesus and declaring themselves as depending on Jesus, they have His assurance through His word that there is a way to escape the temptation of any SIN.

Right. But what if they reject that assurance by continuing in that sin?

Some other facts to understand about dealing with SIN is, there are demons assigned to keep people in bondage to SIN.

Does the power of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit give us the ability to overcome this fact? How do we do this?

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

RND, the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs to it and they are safe. By sincere praise, worship and prayers to God, these demon must flee. God not only redeem His word, but He protects His chidren who call on His name.

No question. Does He do this for those that continually reject His council and wisdom or does He eventually give them over to their lusts?

Rom 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Upvote 0