Gun ban said to include handguns, shotguns

B

Bubbahotep

This bill would force people who currently own these banned weapons to go through numerous hoops in order to keep them, including another background check, registration, identity certification, fingerprinting, local LEO authorization to own the weapon, and allow for the ATF to do gun inspections at any time.

I will never comply with such intrusive measures. This government is out of control.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This bill would force people who currently own these banned weapons to go through numerous hoops in order to keep them, including another background check, registration, identity certification, fingerprinting, local LEO authorization to own the weapon, and allow for the ATF to do gun inspections at any time.

I will never comply with such intrusive measures. This government is out of control.

I lost it in a boating accident. :(

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
[serious];62268823 said:
So you were being deliberately obtuse? I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt as you are generally better than this.

Yes, I'm so evil, I made a light-hearted poke at a poorly worded sentence. Woe is me, indeed.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

If a person is above board, sane and has committed no crimes, they should have no problem submitting another background check. Our guns are recorded with the police, I mean, where are they not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bubbahotep

If a person is above board, sane and has committed no crimes, they should have no problem submitting another background check. Our guns are recorded with the police, I mean, where are they not?

My guns aren't and in my state there is no law requiring such.

And If they are sane and good and all that, then why target them for more background checks and hassling because politicians don't like us having guns that challenge their power?

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married

How much will the additional background checks on already owned property cost and who will pay that bill how often? Could kinda start resembling poll taxes and literacy tests as what is being proposed has the same basic function and motives. Test and retest and maybe include a psych-screening and maybe make sure the qualified providers voted right & include enough "have you stopped beating your wife" style questions & if we keep testing and make it expensive enough maybe only white elites will have guns and it will be just like the KKK has wanted all along.

Yeah, in most of America guns are not registered, permits may be needed to purchase them . . . and a background check performed before the permit is issued and then another is performed at the point of sale. . . why would two background checks not be enough? I understand double checking, but when you have to turn the light on and off enough times to be consistently late to work, well, there is a disorder that describes that. That is a fact, so please don't go twisting it into some other kind of statement. When folks re-re-re-re-double check things excessively it is not regarded as healthy. Two checks should be plenty enough.

Private sales right, that was what was next? Most guns traded in private sales are passed back and forth among people who already have guns the many. What difference does it make if someone wants to trade me a 10/22 for my Charger (the same gun design in rifle and pistol form)? What difference if I want to trade an AR15 for two AK47s? Where the buyer is unknown, standard practice is to ask for a photocopy of a purchase permit or carry permit and DL. Since the NICS program is closed to private individuals, verifying a permit which involved the same background check is the best we can do. While I like double checking, the problem would be with the issuing governmental agency if they put a permit in the wrong hands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.