Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
WASHINGTON, Jan. 24 (UPI) -- A retooled U.S. assault-weapons ban to be introduced Thursday was to include handguns and shotguns in addition to rifles, The Washington Times reported.

The bill, by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., titled "The Assault Weapons Ban of 2013," was also expected to decrease the number of military-style features a gun may have before it's considered an assault weapon to one from two, the newspaper said.

Feinstein's bill would also create a national gun registry for the government to track lawful gun owners, the Times said.

Magazines, or ammunition storage and feeding devices within or attached to a repeating firearm, would be limited to 10 rounds, the newspaper said.

Dianne Feinstein's gun-control bill said to ban handguns and shotguns - UPI.com

:doh1:

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Magazine size limit would apply to those. I can't imagine a "pistol grip" would be banned on a handgun for obvious reasons, but I guess it's possible they could be attempting to ban flash suppressors and grenade launchers on handguns. In reality, this won't ever get past a Senate filibuster, and the House will never even bring it up.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Magazine size limit would apply to those. I can't imagine a "pistol grip" would be banned on a handgun for obvious reasons, but I guess it's possible they could be attempting to ban flash suppressors and grenade launchers on handguns. In reality, this won't ever get past a Senate filibuster, and the House will never even bring it up.

My state banned hunting whales off of our shores. It's Oklahoma. Never underestimate the stupidity of politicians.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My state banned hunting whales off of our shores. It's Oklahoma. Never underestimate the stupidity of politicians.

Actually, they are ahead of the times. After some more Climate Change when greenland melts, you'll be on the ocean front.:cool:

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The second amendment precludes this from happening.
If it doesn't, and if the supreme court doesn't stop this if it goes far enough to become law, then the law abiding responsible gun owners in America will still be law abiding. Because a law like this forewarns a terrorist government is about to take over and our national defense depends on citizens not complying with terrorists.

Upvote 0

Mazock

Non-Pauline Believer in Yeshua
Nov 21, 2012
SW Missouri
✟8,119.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Feinstein-Weapons-Ban-e1359047805173.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The second amendment precludes this from happening.
If it doesn't, and if the supreme court doesn't stop this if it goes far enough to become law, then the law abiding responsible gun owners in America will still be law abiding. Because a law like this forewarns a terrorist government is about to take over and our national defense depends on citizens not complying with terrorists.

No it doesn't. If the 2nd amendment precludes this, then it should also preclude the current bans on automatic weapons (and, quite possible, grenades, tanks, fighter jets, shoulder fired rockets, etc.). Do we already have a terrorist government banning us from owning those things? Or does the "well regulated" clause of the amendment actually mean there is a place for regulation on weapons?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mazock

Non-Pauline Believer in Yeshua
Nov 21, 2012
SW Missouri
✟8,119.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't. If the 2nd amendment precludes this, then it should also preclude the current bans on automatic weapons (and, quite possible, grenades, tanks, fighter jets, shoulder fired rockets, etc.). Do we already have a terrorist government banning us from owning those things? Or does the "well regulated" clause of the amendment actually mean there is a place for regulation on weapons?

Actually,

I can own grenades, tanks, and rocket launchers.

They are considered a Class-3 firearm, and all I have to do is fill out the paperwork, pay a $200 tax stamp, and purchase the weapon.

EACH round of the grenade launcher, or rocket launcher must be registered with a $200 tax stamp.

Civilians can also own Fully Automatic firearms, but they must register them, and pay the $200 tax stamp.

Of course, fully automatic firearms start at around $15000, and go up. But they're completely legal in the US.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
This should be made into a poster on how our government can get things accomplished.:doh:

There used to be this awesome one of a boy with a fishing pole pulling one out of a wheatfield, but I cannot find it any more.

Oh well.

whale-1-640x428.jpg

This is apparently a real concern for some people.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This should be made into a poster on how our government can get things accomplished.:doh:

Hey, let's not paint every state this way. This is just one state.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

This should be clear enough:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Being the optimist and yet pragmatic as well when necessary, I had a second thought. Perhaps this needs to be added so that it becomes abundantly clear.

The Framers intentions: Well Regulated Militia

Upvote 0