• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

guess what? Aspergers is a curse!

Jasminoodle

Aug 2, 2012
✟7,674.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
what has happened to you is very cruel and unfair, but it is not your fault.
what you are doing is speaking negativity in your life. the more you keep telling yourself that your are a curse, the more you will begin to believe it. we can tell you and tell you and tell you (the truth) that it is not a curse, but it is your choice to believe it or not.
gee, I know its hard. people are unkind and its annoying when people don't understand you, but its like ive said before, if everyone in the world was the same, then nothing would ever get done! you are the way you are for a reason, and God has A plan for you. he loves you more than any human ever could, it expands further than our imaginations. please, please, know this truth.
its ok to be upset, but please don't blame yourself.
answer me this, is it not true that God creates perfect things? "he saw that it was good"
does that not mean that you are one of his perfect creations? yes of course humans are tainted from sin and whatever, but that is nothing to do with Aspergers. don't insult God by hating his creation. don't insult God by hating yourself.

over time, things will get better, and the pain of what that girl did to you will begin to ease. remember that we don't need a partner to be truly happy. Gods love is sufficient enough. spend time with God, spend time with good people that accept you for who you are, and please, make the choice today to speak well of yourself.
believ th TRUTH. everyday when you wake you, instead of thinking "I hate how I am", say something good to yourself. think of your gifts and talents and amazing things about you. everyone is unique and special.
Jesus was different, and people were unkind to him, but he mad ethe choice to place trust in his father, not in the people around him.
make that choice today.
God bless, and smile! :) :)

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I dont care who you think you are! Aspergers is a curse and you know it! It has ruined my life and made me ruin my relationship with my gf. Now she hates me and is dating my room mate! I hate myself and quit putting on your stupid faces on how wonderful Aspergers is! your a fool if you think so!

Honey, you are so wrong.... you are very special and someday you will know it.
Allow God to show you why you are Aspergers and what he has planned for you. It will be awesome.

Upvote 0

Gr8FishingMadness

Nov 11, 2016
U.S.
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know exactly how you feel, I have been diagnosed with AS in 8th grade and have had a considerably difficult time socially and getting along with others through my entire grade school career. I am now 24 and still really struggling in many areas. I stayed away from the relationship/girlfriend scene pretty much my whole life since I just don't feel up to the social obligations. While I haven't been directly diagnosed, I also have many symptoms of OCD, ADHD and Anxiety Disorder. I managed to get an engineering degree, but struggle greatly in the workforce due to performance and personality issues (I got fired from my first professional job after only 4 months of poor performance). I have a job in landscaping now but am at a loss as to what exactly the Lord wants me to do that will be truly fulfilling in my life and not just for the money. So yes, it is hard with AS and coexisting conditions that sometimes come with it. I gave my life to the Lord in March of 2013, mainly because I just couldn't handle this life on my own.

However, I feel that these are things the Lord is allowing in our lives as crosses or "fast offerings" for the salvation of others. Just as Christ carried his cross we carry ours. Everything that happens in our life and whatever we are born with/develop is for our own good and the good of others. We see from the temporary but the Lord sees from the eternal. It is a constant battle against our flesh, the world and worse yet the powers and principalities. Plus being on this earth with our weak fleshly bodies and minds is only temporary, we will be with the Lord in bliss and glory eternal in the not too distant future. And we will fully understand why the Lord allowed these crosses and difficulties into our lives. I truly wish I didn't have some of these disabilities and have a bit of an easier life but the Lord sees further. But this is the way I try to look at it. I will admit I have an extremely low self image and condemnation because of all the difficulties and rejections I constantly go through but it is all for the greater good!

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've been a social loner my entire life, I do not have anyone to talk to, I am estranged from my family, I'm practically a shut in, and there's a good chance I may never get married, though I would want to.

with all that said, I don't feel depressed about my life situation, though I would like things to be better.

One of the things I believe the LORD gave me when He saved me 4 years ago was the gift of contentment. before I was saved I tried hard to gain validation from others. While it would be great to have the social approval of others, it's not something I feel I need. I'm ok with who I am. finding out I have AS was a relief for me as it gave an explanation for why my life has been what it has. I suppose understanding why something is the way it is allows me to have more peace about it.

If there are things that you desire to achieve in life, do what needs to be done to achieve them, yet do it to the Glory of God and in obedience to Him. In the meantime, May the LORD grant you a spirit of contentment in your current life situation. Be a servant. Don't focus so much on what you can't do but rather on what you can do. It won't necessarily lead to a bed of roses but it will indeed give you the strength to persevere.

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, it is part of the curse.
Along with all other parts of the curse,
ever since Adam and Havah(Eve).
So ?

Just like other parts of the curse,
Y'SHUA MESSIAH is the answer. ALWAYS.
In the original languages, about CHRIST'S HEALING/SALVATION
see this video lesson (first half hour).
http://www.pastormelissascott.com/communion.shtml

Then, if a doctor is available for testing,
have levels of B-Vitamins , particularly Niacin, checked.
Or find out how to take them ,
under a doctor's care / testing/ supervision if necessary.

I dont care who you think you are! Aspergers is a curse and you know it!

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont care who you think you are! Aspergers is a curse and you know it! It has ruined my life and made me ruin my relationship with my gf. Now she hates me and is dating my room mate! I hate myself and quit putting on your stupid faces on how wonderful Aspergers is! your a fool if you think so!
My son was diagnosed with aspergers at the age of 15 months old.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The parameters and protocols of diagnosing autism and aspergers were changed a lot in the last 25 years, expanded over a greater population, (including many more patients than previously),
for purposes never divulged publicly.
Suffice it to say, no worries. (as YHWH'S WORD SAYS).

My son was diagnosed with aspergers at the age of 15 months old.

Upvote 0

Beloved Pure

autistic and awkward
Dec 7, 2016
England
✟9,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My autism combined with my faith makes it difficult for me to not offend others unintentionally. I do not see it as a curse. I agree it is more difficult than helpful when it comes to interacting but I am learning to accept myself and let the world get on with itself.

I am sorry that you are hurting right now and that you will never forget it and it will seem impossible that the raw emotions will fade over time. Your ex being with someone in such close proximity is certainly inconsiderate of them and causing stress on you.

I pray that Jesus will surround you and bring you peace and space to grow leaving them behind.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have not been officially diagnosed as being Aspergeric, but one day, after my mother died, I found her e-mail saying she thought she had finally found out that I have Asperger's Syndrome. So, I looked it up, on the Net, to see what is said about it. I went through one list of items and was quite stunned at how I matched with plenty of the items on the list.

However, I noticed how a number of the items meant I was not personally feeling for others and I was being distant from people. And, this certainly was true of me. And I understand the Bible is very clear how Jesus wants us to tenderly and caringly relate with each person and be compassionate with any and all people. So, I understood, I was not excused from this which would be a spiritual-level thing . . . in God's love; so, as much as my Asperger's stuff was interfering with how God is able to make me a loving person, this would be a sin problem, not only a medical issue of physical brain function.

So, if anything about me was in truth anti-love and against how the Bible says for us to relate in love, my failure in such areas would be a sin problem. And only God can correct (Hebrews 12:4-11, James 5:16) what really is a spiritual problem. So, then I confessed to God anything about me which was me being impersonal and distant and out of touch and not empathetic, and I find that God has been correcting me. And now I have a lady friend in a much better relationship than of me trying to use her and control her >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

"submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

"swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (in James 1:19)

And there is more scripture about how we are expected to find out how to relate in God's love.

But people of this world do not believe there is God, and they do not understand that we have spiritual existence which is deeper than our physical and medically reachable existence. So, they might not consider that at least part of our Asperger's stuff is in fact sin stuff and God is committed to correcting and curing this with His own love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums