Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Walmart has 2 on line sections----just Walmart has all the non perishables and household stuff, Walmart Grocery has the food. They charge 7.95 up to I think 9.95 , it depends on the day and time you want it, I always go the cheaper. And there is a tip, they say you can omit tip but I try to give something, my usual is $3-5. I can't go over $5. With Amazon Prime, which I do subscribe to, there is free delivery when over a certain amount---that's under either Fresh or Whole foods. Sometimes I end up ordering from all 3 section of Amazon plus Walmart---it all depends on the price---takes me hours on line to get my shopping done, always looking for where it's cheapest! I have to be very careful. You can also check Instacart.com to see if they have a delivery in your area. I used to use them more when they had the specials of "buy this much " of some brand and you get fee delivery. It was easy for me to do when it was $20 of Kraft but then they stopped doing it, now you just get $5.00 off your order. I think they charge 10.00 for delivery.

Thanks. I'm falling asleep now --- sometimes I think I have narcolepsy!

• Haha
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, I wanted to go to bed, but my daughter called and I hadn't got offline. She said she can't go to the store first thing; only seniors can go. Well, there's no point in having her come all this way to get me to go to the store. It's near her house. Good evening. Now I lay me down to sleep.

• Friendly
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does Walmart deliver? I order some things from Amazon, too. And I've been alone most of the time since my husband passed away.
Check your local grocery stores. In some areas the major chains (and Wal Mart) deliver.

In some places the Churches or individuals are organizing delivery services for at-risk persons. You might check around locally.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My daughter learned that Meijer only has senior hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So she went shopping for me Friday morning. Hours later I hadn't heard from her and I was quite concerned. I had no idea what to conclude. Eventually I called her cell phone. She said she had also shopped for herself and her married daughter's family and also gone to Costco. I've never been to Costco and didn't know she ever shopped there.. Anyway she was on her way to her daughter's house. I was definitely relieved!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Shopping is definitely a big job now. It’s been almost two weeks since my “regular” shopping trip and it took almost two days. I was buying for my household and some meat for my daughter.

Things didn’t look much better when I went last week for fresh produce and perishables. It still took the better part of a day. The parking lots were half empty but there are still a lot of people out there and it still takes time. If she was shopping for so many I’m not surprised it took a lot of time.

We are getting too many new cases. I think I am going to use no-contact pickup next time and hope I get enough of what I need to get by.

I might have to relax keto for a bit. I hope not because it causes problems with my arm. But hopefully things will get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have some home deliveries from a couple of small shops. Also an organic farm delivers bacon and meat but he keeps running out due to high demand.
It is a very difficult time, I pray that we get through it safely. :praying:

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
...We are getting too many new cases. I think I am going to use no-contact pickup next time and hope I get enough of what I need to get by.

That's a wise decision.

I might have to relax keto for a bit. I hope not because it causes problems with my arm. But hopefully things will get back to normal sooner rather than later.

I will be praying for you and everyone on CF.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We have some home deliveries from a couple of small shops. Also an organic farm delivers bacon and meat but he keeps running out due to high demand.
It is a very difficult time, I pray that we get through it safely. :praying:

AMEN!

Jeremiah 31:13
Then the maidens will rejoice with dancing, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into joy, and give them comfort and joy for their sorrow.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Humor Food Storage.jpg

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's a wise decision.

I will be praying for you and everyone on CF.
Thank you!

Prayers for you and everyone else. I think we can all use them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Praise God I've managed to get a delivery slot. I had to wait in a virtual queue for 20 minutes but now I've a supermarket delivery arranged for 20th April - the first date I could get.

In the meantime I've been picking up things when I can. Not having a car means that I've had to make two or three trips, but we're allowed out once a day for exercise, so I've not broken any restrictions. The first time I went for a walk and called in a little village shop which had put chairs outside, appropriately distanced from each other, for use while queueing as they only allowed one person in the shop at a time. Later I called in a small supermarket on the edge of town and, although they encouraged social distancing, there were no restrictions and it was difficult to pass people in the narrow aisles.

Now more things are available, except handwash, as the panic buying has subsided, but no doubt the supply chain is affected by staff absence due to the virus, so there is less choice in the shops. What upset me a bit was how tense everyone seemed. :( It is a difficult time and people seem to be really scared. I hope they come to know the Lord and His peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’m glad you were able to get a delivery slot.

What do you mean you’re allowed out once a day? What kind of restrictions are in place there?

Praise God I've managed to get a delivery slot. I had to wait in a virtual queue for 20 minutes but now I've a supermarket delivery arranged for 20th April - the first date I could get.

In the meantime I've been picking up things when I can. Not having a car means that I've had to make two or three trips, but we're allowed out once a day for exercise, so I've not broken any restrictions. The first time I went for a walk and called in a little village shop which had put chairs outside, appropriately distanced from each other, for use while queueing as they only allowed one person in the shop at a time. Later I called in a small supermarket on the edge of town and, although they encouraged social distancing, there were no restrictions and it was difficult to pass people in the narrow aisles.

Now more things are available, except handwash, as the panic buying has subsided, but no doubt the supply chain is affected by staff absence due to the virus, so there is less choice in the shops. What upset me a bit was how tense everyone seemed. :( It is a difficult time and people seem to be really scared. I hope they come to know the Lord and His peace.

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here in New Zealand, we are in total lockdown. It began on March 26th and is set to go for a minimum of four weeks. It may be extended, but a decision on that will not be forthcoming until closer to the end of the four week period. Our Govt. devised an alert level system and implemented it, along with informing the public of it at the daily news updates presented by our Prime Minister live on tv and online. Jacinda Ardern (our Prime Minister) made it clear it was possible NZ would move between levels with very little warning. At that point, we were level 2. Within a few days, we moved to level 3, with the warning that 48 hours later, we would be at level 4 or total lockdown, with essential services only, operating. That's supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies and garages for petrol. Everyone is to stay home at all times bar a short, local only walk for exercise, maintaining physical distancing, unless visiting a supermarket or other essential service. Jacinda coined our isolation as our bubbles and we are to stay within our own bubble. She has done a wonderful job of getting the populace on board with the need for the lockdown and remaining in one's own bubble.

We had a lot of panic-buying going on after the announcement of the alert level system. It has slowed right down now, but last time I went to the supermarket, there was very little bread or milk. But I went there only half an hour before closing time, so that probably had something to do with it. We have plenty of food here in NZ and our supply chains are all ok. Our household has all we need for a while and I shouldn't need to get much this week, apart from some more bread and milk, and some frozen vegetables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So glad you have been able to access a delivery slot, Sue. Over here, my favourite supermarket's online delivery service was totally inundated with orders when it looked likely NZ would soon move into lockdown. They had to prioritise orders, placing the 70+ age group, along with folk who are more vulnerable due to other medical issues, at the forefront of their delivery endeavours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I sort of wish they would extend out delivery times here.

They only have two days out, and the one time I thought I had a slot someone else must have clicked at the same time because I ended up locked out.

I think Wal-mart should set their delivery/pick up times out some days, and consider having employees pull orders when the store is closed to shopping.

Having a 2-day window only open means it’s easy for things to run out (nothing I need is available to add to a cart because it’s available but “low”) ... and then employees were the ones getting close to people while I was shopping.

If they would schedule out for longer periods and have employees pull at night, those problems could be solved. Though they may well not have space for picked groceries, or a system in place to work this way. I think it would be worth trying though.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I’m glad you were able to get a delivery slot.

What do you mean you’re allowed out once a day? What kind of restrictions are in place there?
Thank you Anastasia. :)

The general public are told to stay at home except for four reasons: to go to work (only if you cannot work from home), for medical reasons or to care for a vulnerable person, to buy essentials such as food (as infrequently as possible) and once a day for exercise such as walking, running or cycling. This should be on our own or with members of our own household. Over-70s are advised to take special care (I'm just below that age-group) and those who have certain medical conditions, or are pregnant, may have further restrictions.

To be honest shopping is not much fun now, having to be so careful to keep 2 metres apart and everyone seeming so anxious. All shops are closed except food shops and pharmacies. People are out walking or jogging a bit, and I think it's recognized that we need it for mental as well as physical health. I love my walks but only do them occasionally as I have an exercise bike at home. My neighbours and I sometimes go into our back gardens and talk over the walls (they are terraced houses with low walls between them). I hope that's okay as we're 2 metres apart. We have been told not to visit others, but I did have someone come and fix my oven the other day (wearing a mask and gloves and socially distancing himself) - I think that is a bit of a grey area.

What are the restrictions in America, Anastasia, and do they vary from state to state?

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Here in New Zealand, we are in total lockdown. It began on March 26th and is set to go for a minimum of four weeks. It may be extended, but a decision on that will not be forthcoming until closer to the end of the four week period. Our Govt. devised an alert level system and implemented it, along with informing the public of it at the daily news updates presented by our Prime Minister live on tv and online. Jacinda Ardern (our Prime Minister) made it clear it was possible NZ would move between levels with very little warning. At that point, we were level 2. Within a few days, we moved to level 3, with the warning that 48 hours later, we would be at level 4 or total lockdown, with essential services only, operating. That's supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies and garages for petrol. Everyone is to stay home at all times bar a short, local only walk for exercise, maintaining physical distancing, unless visiting a supermarket or other essential service. Jacinda coined our isolation as our bubbles and we are to stay within our own bubble. She has done a wonderful job of getting the populace on board with the need for the lockdown and remaining in one's own bubble.

We had a lot of panic-buying going on after the announcement of the alert level system. It has slowed right down now, but last time I went to the supermarket, there was very little bread or milk. But I went there only half an hour before closing time, so that probably had something to do with it. We have plenty of food here in NZ and our supply chains are all ok. Our household has all we need for a while and I shouldn't need to get much th
is week, apart from some more bread and milk, and some frozen vegetables.
Hi js :),

That sounds very much like our situation here. The "bubble" concept seems a good one and it sounds as if Jacinda Arden has effectively encouraged people to follow the guidelines.

I'm much the same just needing bread, milk and veg, which are my usual top-ups between deliveries. Oh and the ever elusive antibacterial handwash! Thankfully chocolate has not been in short supply - or perhaps not so thankfully as I'm beginning to put on weight! :eek::D

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I sort of wish they would extend out delivery times here.

They only have two days out, and the one time I thought I had a slot someone else must have clicked at the same time because I ended up locked out.

I think Wal-mart should set their delivery/pick up times out some days, and consider having employees pull orders when the store is closed to shopping.

Having a 2-day window only open means it’s easy for things to run out (nothing I need is available to add to a cart because it’s available but “low”) ... and then employees were the ones getting close to people while I was shopping.

If they would schedule out for longer periods and have employees pull at night, those problems could be solved. Though they may well not have space for picked groceries, or a system in place to work this way. I think it would be worth trying though.
That does seem to be a very short window. Have you written to them to suggest your ideas?

The supermarket I shop with has three weeks of delivery slots released at a time, and it moves on each day. Normally I can get the next day or one after, but with the pandemic all three weeks were filled up as people were encouraged to use delivery services, and they prioritised vulnerable people and health-care workers (rightly so :)).

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0