Mar 19, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟3,342.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Anybody else heard of her? Her song "Redneck Woman" seems to be going up the charts ... insanely fast. Hehe, it cracks me up whnever I hear it - I may not be quite the real thing, but it perfectly describes one of my closest friends. :D

What do y'all think of "Redneck Woman?"

MrsGnomeCrusher

Veteran
Mar 17, 2004
Manitoba, Canada
✟10,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I haven't heard it. I stopped listening to country awhile back as one station here changed to classic rock and the other one has horrible DJs with the same play list every two hours.

My cousin told me about this song, though. She says she loves it. May have to check it out. :D

Upvote 0

Mr. Fiddle

Yes, I'm a newbie
May 19, 2004
Texas!
✟15,132.00
Faith
Baptist
This song is the highest debuting single ever on the Country charts for a female artist. It's a pretty good song, but to me it seems like it's a little over the top. Almost like the put the cuss word hook at the end of the chorus JUST to sel the song. I think if you have to put a cuss word in a song to sell, that's bad.

However, Gretchen Wilson has one of the better voices today. She was probably the ONLY singer on the ACM awards that hit every note dead-on perfect.

Her album is pretty good too.

KA

Upvote 0

MiccyNarc

Cynic
Dec 18, 2003
Longview Texas
Visit site
✟19,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This song is the highest debuting single ever on the Country charts for a female artist. It's a pretty good song, but to me it seems like it's a little over the top. Almost like the put the cuss word hook at the end of the chorus JUST to sel the song. I think if you have to put a cuss word in a song to sell, that's bad.
I don't think that has anything to do with selling the song. It'd sell fine without it.

She is awesome...excellent voice, great songs, great music..just, great great great.

I'm so glad we have her for another alternative to..*gag* Shania.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
big and rich are, umm, farther than over the top. And I don't mean musically - I like the music part of their current single. But the language is horrible.

And, if Gretchen felt her song could sell without the cussing, I wish she'd left it out also.

Upvote 0

Infernal Freak

We sing the Death song kids cuz we got no future
Jun 22, 2004
somewhere
✟2,894.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe that she could MOST CERTAINLY have better lyrics. She should not cuss...to me...I do not think the lady is in the right for publicly singing that song. I will NEVER listen to ANYTHING from her again...There are LITTLE KIDS singing that song on the bus for school. (Our bus driver plays country...and they sing it ALL.) Do you not think she could have worded it a tad differnent, yo? I believe so. I mean, I listen to just a very little bit of country...mostly Christian Rock...I LOVE Randy Travis though. He has an amazing voice, and he really has a passion for getting the message of God through to people! I think he also has a special gift from God. Gretchin Wilson has a great voice and all, but she needs to use different lyrics. I know what she says is not the WORST it could be....but every sin is the same to God...and to me. I mean come on, in that context, the word is not cool. She does not realize it, but she influences thousands of peops and really needs to clean it up...

Chat later!
Your Sister in Christ,
-Heather-
P.S. I am not tryin' to diss you music...in fact, I am trying to help...
P.P.S. You sound like an awesome Christian!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

born2run

May 12, 2004
Wisconsin
✟962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mr. Zoom...I'm with ya. She's overplayed on radios and her voice is just hideous, imo. In my car I can turn the radio off or change stations, at work I'm stuck with listening to the complete song. Eeeeek!!!! I'm glad some people like her...if it were for folks like me she'd go broke fast! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Treasure the Questions

Jun 9, 2004
✟1,704.00
Faith
Christian
onecrazycowgirl said:
Anybody else heard of her? Her song "Redneck Woman" seems to be going up the charts ... insanely fast. Hehe, it cracks me up whnever I hear it - I may not be quite the real thing, but it perfectly describes one of my closest friends. :D

What do y'all think of "Redneck Woman?"
If it were sung tongue in cheek it would be hilarious, but I understand she's fairly serious, so it's pretty sad. :( Keeping her Christmas lights on all year is bad taste and a waste of electricity.;)

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I LOVE Gretchen Wilson. At first I wasn't too keen on the Redneck woman song but after I heard the rest of the CD I loved her.
Here for the Party is worse when it comes to lyrics. One thing that bothers me, she claims in her music to be christian and to be washed in the blood of Jesus when she was baptised - but then will proceed to say things like "Honey I'm a christian, but if you keep it up - I'm gonna go a kickin' your pretty little butt." and " I wear my jeans tight to watch the little boys come undone."
I know she is human and like all of us we fall into sin, but something just seemed wrong there and I wish she had not said those sorts of things.

I don't know. I still love her album, makes me feel good!! :clap:

And I love that she is down to earth looking - she doesn't look all done up Hollywood style with fake boobs, hair, nails and the works.

Heather

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.