Visit site
✟676,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi I was raised and baptized Catholic as an infant, rebelled in my teens, dabbled in Eastern and new age religion, and eventually was preached to by an older Christian friend and found myself compelled to repent and had the experience I can unequivocally describe as being 'born again.' The moment it happened I flipped on the TV and oddly enough the movie The Mission was playing and the scene was where the Robert DeNero character was seeing the light and experiencing forgiveness. My whole conversion experience happened outside of a formal church environment. It was thru conversations over beer an unconventional Christian friend. I arranged a baptism thru a Baptist pastor acquaintance. I later started looking into churches and ended up getting ' carried about by every wind of doctrine' out there, from being told my baptism didn't really count since it was a 'baptism of John unto repentance,' to being told I 'm not a real Christian since I didn't start speaking in tongues like they did in Acts. Anyway, my parents think I'm lost since I can't reconcile the bible with all of their traditions and can't converse with me without trying to proselytize. I joined this great forum because I need to work harder. Anyway, that's the honest truth.

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! It’s someone’s personal relationship with Christ that makes them a Christian. Keep feeding yours, and He will teach you all you need to know.

Love and prayers in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF.

I pray it will be a blessing to you and you can begin to sort things out. There are certainly a lot of competing doctrines out there. God sees our trying to seek Him and understand. May He guide you through whatever He knows you need in order to reach understanding and illumination.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome to CF and I am sure you will be blessed
animated-smileys-talking-04.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
full

Locking this thread, as it was started in 2018 and this member is no longer new.
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.