The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Except it isn't that sinful. I recently moved to the greater Las Vegas area and am amazed by how many churches are here and how many people go to church. There is a problem however, and that is that there are not enough church services on Sunday evening or on weekdays, which does create difficulty for the many people who work in the services industry who cannot attend Saturday or Sunday morning services.

I am a traditionalist Congregationalist minister interested in the ancient-future movement, liturgical worship, the history of the early church, Eastern Christianity, the early Waldensian and Moravian Protestants, monasticism, particularly Greek, Coptic and Syrian monasticism and the lost traditions of the forgotten Celtic church, and also the surviving fragments of some of the other lost churches which once were among the largest Christian populations, such as the Assyrian Church of the East.

I am cultivating a church plant with three services, a Sunday morning service, a Sunday evening service, and a midweek service, and I hope to affiliate with the CCCC group of traditional Congregational churches once we get things up to speed (this group includes such excellent parishes as the Park Street Church in Boston, which is the only historic church in Boston which still adheres to traditional Christian theology).

In the past I was involved with the Faithful and Welcoming Group of traditional parishes in the United Church of Christ, but sadly, this group is dying, and I know of only one church in the UCC that still meets the evangelical criteria that the Faithful and Welcoming Group was promoting just a few years ago (that being the Hungarian Reformed Church in Long Beach, California).

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you. God bless you! :)

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Except it isn't that sinful. I recently moved to the greater Las Vegas area and am amazed by how many churches are here and how many people go to church. There is a problem however, and that is that there are not enough church services on Sunday evening or on weekdays, which does create difficulty for the many people who work in the services industry who cannot attend Saturday or Sunday morning services.

I am a traditionalist Congregationalist minister interested in the ancient-future movement, liturgical worship, the history of the early church, Eastern Christianity, the early Waldensian and Moravian Protestants, monasticism, particularly Greek, Coptic and Syrian monasticism and the lost traditions of the forgotten Celtic church, and also the surviving fragments of some of the other lost churches which once were among the largest Christian populations, such as the Assyrian Church of the East.

I am cultivating a church plant with three services, a Sunday morning service, a Sunday evening service, and a midweek service, and I hope to affiliate with the CCCC group of traditional Congregational churches once we get things up to speed (this group includes such excellent parishes as the Park Street Church in Boston, which is the only historic church in Boston which still adheres to traditional Christian theology).

In the past I was involved with the Faithful and Welcoming Group of traditional parishes in the United Church of Christ, but sadly, this group is dying, and I know of only one church in the UCC that still meets the evangelical criteria that the Faithful and Welcoming Group was promoting just a few years ago (that being the Hungarian Reformed Church in Long Beach, California).

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you. God bless you! :)
Welcome to the forums. I hope you find all that you seek here.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus' Shalom to you and your household in "sin city" !

:)

Thank you sir. I have been enjoying your posts. I am also curious about the Anabaptist traditions, as I don’t know much about them.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome to the forums. I hope you find all that you seek here.

Thank you very much! Are you named for Elder Paisios the Hesychast, who taught Elder Joseph, who taught Elder Ephraim of Arizona and (the unfortunately disgraced and deceased) Elder Panteleimon of Holy Transfiguration Monastery in Boston? The hesychasts and their monastic lineages are extremely interesting to me, and I believe their accounts are real, but I myself am too unworthy to hope to ever do what they did, and if I were to preach about it to my Congregational flock without much preparation, I don’t think they would believe me. But I do hope at least to give my people a “spark” of illumination, so that they might be more disposed to accept the transformative beauty of asceticism and “the light from the East.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

Thank you Ma’am. I love your profile; the persecution and indeed the attempted eradication of Christians in the Middle East breaks my heart, and I own a version of the icon you are using as your avatar.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thank you Ma’am. I love your profile; the persecution and indeed the attempted eradication of Christians in the Middle East breaks my heart, and I own a version of the icon you are using as your avatar.
Thank you dear brother , The Eradication of Christians in the middle east is disturbing the death and the hurt to Christians in the world the faith and the strong belief not matter if it takes there lifes they are in heaven with the lord Open Doors UK & Ireland
open doors helps people in the middle east and Africa
i hope its ok to post the link . They are loved by Jesus and by us who have prayed for them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you very much! Are you named for Elder Paisios the Hesychast, who taught Elder Joseph, who taught Elder Ephraim of Arizona and (the unfortunately disgraced and deceased) Elder Panteleimon of Holy Transfiguration Monastery in Boston? The hesychasts and their monastic lineages are extremely interesting to me, and I believe their accounts are real, but I myself am too unworthy to hope to ever do what they did, and if I were to preach about it to my Congregational flock without much preparation, I don’t think they would believe me. But I do hope at least to give my people a “spark” of illumination, so that they might be more disposed to accept the transformative beauty of asceticism and “the light from the East.”
I am a little chagrined to say that I do not know. Though I have read a biography on my Saint, I had never come across that he had taught any of those you mentioned, and I think that “my” Saint Paisios would be too young.
My baptismal name relates to this Saint Paisios: Paisios of Mount Athos - OrthodoxWiki

(And I am certainly unworthy of his name, or that of any of the Saints.)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thank you sir. I have been enjoying your posts. I am also curious about the Anabaptist traditions, as I don’t know much about them.
They keep changing....

:)

to be clarified later.....

(getting ready for work right now) ......

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello The Liturgist,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon.gif

6a5bcad37bbf9973402890f576a260d1.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I find this interesting. I studied the Waldensian early to final recorded history also. I decided to keep the sundown Friday to sundown Saturday Sabbath for they seem relevant, now, as ever. I am not legalistic, but I endeavor to keep the Commandments. BTW - I am not a ma'am, I am a man. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I find this interesting. I studied the Waldensian early to final recorded history also. I decided to keep the sundown Friday to sundown Saturday Sabbath for they seem relevant, now, as ever. I am not legalistic, but I endeavor to keep the Commandments. BTW - I am not a ma'am, I am a man. :sunglasses:

I do beg your pardon, sir. Regarding the Waldensians, I would love to discuss them with you in the Traditional Theology forum or the Denomination Specific Theology forum, if you want to post a thread.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do beg your pardon, sir. Regarding the Waldensians, I would love to discuss them with you in the Traditional Theology forum or the Denomination Specific Theology forum, if you want to post a thread.

Hello Liturgist, I just read this today and its almost my bedtime. I am an old man that needs his rest. Give me a little time to find my references on the Waldensians. I will post something where you suggested when its ready. :)

Upvote 0