Smederevo, Podunavlje District, Serbia
✟905.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings to all members of this wonderful forum! :)

Let me introduce myself. My name is Miloš, I am 42 years old and I live in Smederevo, Serbia.

I have been in Christianity since 2016, but with a lot of ups and downs. I got acquainted with how important it is to read the Bible through a YouTube lecture previously given by the famous Serbian theologian and creationist Miroljub Petrović. I found out very quickly that he was a former Adventist, so I joined the Christian Adventist church in my town. But, after the initial enthusiasm, very quickly it all became very burdensome for me, and I left it. Later I realized that it was because then I still didn't believe in Jesus, I still didn't understand the essence. Then I joined a group of Protestant Christians in my town led by a pastor from the GGWO (Greater Grace World Outreach) church. It was good for a few months, we even had gatherings in my apartment, but very quickly we broke up, and I was very bad mentally. I have had mental problems since I can remember.

After a break of a year or two, I began to take an interest in Orthodox Christianity, which is the most widespread in Serbia. I was baptized in 2019 in that church. After that, I tried to go to church regularly, but after a few times I definitely gave up, because my psychological crises are very strong and frequent. Another reason why I gave up is that I realized that Orthodoxy is not in accordance with the Bible.

After several years of trying to get back to a fellowship Bible study with a group of Protestant Christians in my town, and a long wandering, I am finally leaving it all, and I realize that it is all burdensome for me. I don't know what it is. Maybe I have low capacity. Who knows. Maybe it's my mental illness. Who knows. Also, I recently realized that social media is also a very stressful thing for me. So I deactivated all social media.

For this reason, I decided to slowly read and study the Bible, every day, little by little. I got the latest edition of the book "NIV Life Application Study Bible" and slowly, every day a little bit, I read and study the Bible like that, with the help of that book. And I can say that he agrees with me, that day by day I understand the point of the story better and better, that our God is the only true God, he created everything that exists, everything starts from him. I have accepted Jesus into my heart, and I regularly practice prayer. I believe that the way of our God Jesus, the Lord, is the only way, and there is no other.

So, I have set some healthy boundaries as far as my life is concerned. I hope you understand me. But I still decided to join this forum because I think it's really good and valuable.

I have been treated for depression for over twenty years. And recently I started psychotherapy and I can say that it really helps me a lot.

That's all from me for this time. Thank God for everything and may God bless you all! Thank you for existing.

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! Thank you for sharing your story. Nothing is more important than your relationship with Jesus. I'm praying you become closer to Him each day. Many blessings.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings to all members of this wonderful forum! :)

Let me introduce myself. My name is Miloš, I am 42 years old and I live in Smederevo, Serbia.

I have been in Christianity since 2016, but with a lot of ups and downs. I got acquainted with how important it is to read the Bible through a YouTube lecture previously given by the famous Serbian theologian and creationist Miroljub Petrović. I found out very quickly that he was a former Adventist, so I joined the Christian Adventist church in my town. But, after the initial enthusiasm, very quickly it all became very burdensome for me, and I left it. Later I realized that it was because then I still didn't believe in Jesus, I still didn't understand the essence. Then I joined a group of Protestant Christians in my town led by a pastor from the GGWO (Greater Grace World Outreach) church. It was good for a few months, we even had gatherings in my apartment, but very quickly we broke up, and I was very bad mentally. I have had mental problems since I can remember.

After a break of a year or two, I began to take an interest in Orthodox Christianity, which is the most widespread in Serbia. I was baptized in 2019 in that church. After that, I tried to go to church regularly, but after a few times I definitely gave up, because my psychological crises are very strong and frequent. Another reason why I gave up is that I realized that Orthodoxy is not in accordance with the Bible.

After several years of trying to get back to a fellowship Bible study with a group of Protestant Christians in my town, and a long wandering, I am finally leaving it all, and I realize that it is all burdensome for me. I don't know what it is. Maybe I have low capacity. Who knows. Maybe it's my mental illness. Who knows. Also, I recently realized that social media is also a very stressful thing for me. So I deactivated all social media.

For this reason, I decided to slowly read and study the Bible, every day, little by little. I got the latest edition of the book "NIV Life Application Study Bible" and slowly, every day a little bit, I read and study the Bible like that, with the help of that book. And I can say that he agrees with me, that day by day I understand the point of the story better and better, that our God is the only true God, he created everything that exists, everything starts from him. I have accepted Jesus into my heart, and I regularly practice prayer. I believe that the way of our God Jesus, the Lord, is the only way, and there is no other.

So, I have set some healthy boundaries as far as my life is concerned. I hope you understand me. But I still decided to join this forum because I think it's really good and valuable.

I have been treated for depression for over twenty years. And recently I started psychotherapy and I can say that it really helps me a lot.

That's all from me for this time. Thank God for everything and may God bless you all! Thank you for existing.
Welcome!

Reactions: SamoIsus
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.