✟17,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody,

Here I am introducing myself and stating my purpose here.

I'm from Michigan, which is a peninsula surrounded by some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. I'm a 2nd generation autoworker at GM(General Motors) and assemble engines for SUVs.

I was raised in a Christian home and a Christian myself. My reason for being here is my disinterest in church. I struggle with finding weekly church attendance meaningful. I have not attended the church I grew up in for about a year and a half. I would consider myself a serious Christian but I'm trying to figure out if my issue is with my church experience or my attitude.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everybody,

I'm from Michigan, which is a peninsula surrounded by some of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. I'm a 2nd generation autoworker at GM(General Motors) and assemble engines for SUVs.

I was raised in a Christian home and a Christian myself. My reason for being here is my disinterest in church. I struggle with finding weekly church attendance meaningful. I have not attended the church I grew up in for about a year and a half. I would consider myself a serious Christian but I'm trying to figure out if my issue is with my church experience or my attitude.
Hello Jeff, welcome to CF :). Pray that you find the spiritual nourishment you've been seeking here. God bless son :).

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hi everybody,

Greetings new friend :)
God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2017
Mesa
✟16,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everybody,

Hi. I don't know enough information. But my gut tells me you probably aren't getting fed at church. Have you YouTube any Bible studies? I suggest pick a particular topic or question and search it. Try listening to different teachers until one jumps out at you.
When you get teaching that makes you think and moves you then BINGO! I love Hardcore Christianity/ House of Healing. Brother Mike is funny and REAL. He says things you'd never hear in church.

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Jeff. :) Oh boy, this can be a toughie, and I've wrestled with this issue as well. I'm always afraid I have a bad attitude and I have a tendency to keep digging to find out where my problem is. But sometimes is isn't a bad attitude at all. Sometimes people can grow beyond the teaching (and fellowship) they are getting. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it certainly could be.

Keep an open mind about the church and about yourself as you lay this before the LORD. I believe He will give you guidance and also teach you some things in the process. I am praying for you.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Jeff. A Michigan ex-pat here. I grew up in the southwest corner of the state, just across the state line from South Bend IN. Went to school at MSU and married a local gal (from lansing)

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm trying to figure out if my issue is with my church experience or my attitude.
Hi Jeff. Very interesting question, one I am interested in myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums