small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The problem I have with this view is that the bible talks of Satan being in the Garden of Eden in an unfallen state.

You will not find any reference to Satan in the Genesis narrative. Not Lucifer either. What we find Genesis is only a garden variety talking serpent.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Just because we don't find a polystrate tree in the strata doesn't mean t was deposited over millions of years.
Actually "polystrate" is a term coined by creationist, it is not a geologic term. The geologic term is "In Situ. It means found in its natural position or place.

w50409tadi-swamp-memphis40339.jpg

Here's some forming. Eventually they will be covered in many layers over the years. That's a lacustrine process but they can form under eolian and other depositional processes as well.

Reactions: Dr GS Hurd
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"They tell us it takes millions and milllions of years for the sediment to deposit and accumulate."--57, post 22

Can you please show us a single scientific reference where the sediments you are referring to in that post were said to be laid down over millions of years.

I would not expect to find an example....The evos know how stupid a claim that would be. They know the tree would rot.

Of course...I believe there are examples where the bottom of the tree is coal and the top is fossilized. That might be an example.
But to be honest...i don't really care. I made my point....strata deposited upon strata doesn't need millions of years to be laid down.
This is considered as +1 for the YEC's despite what you think.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually "polystrate" is a term coined by creationist, it is not a geologic term. The geologic term is "In Situ. It means found in its natural position or place.

w50409tadi-swamp-memphis40339.jpg

Here's some forming. Eventually they will be covered in many layers over the years. That's a lacustrine process but they can form under eolian and other depositional processes as well.

I would say..BS. At the rate of sedimentation....the trees will be long gone before they are covered.

I kindly ask you come up with a different example.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I would not expect to find an example....The evos know how stupid a claim that would be. They know the tree would rot.

Of course...I believe there are examples where the bottom of the tree is coal and the top is fossilized. That might be an example.
But to be honest...i don't really care. I made my point....strata deposited upon strata doesn't need millions of years to be laid down.
This is considered as +1 for the YEC's despite what you think.

Can you quote any geologist who ever said that layers ONLY form over millions of years, without exception?

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would say..BS. At the rate of sedimentation....the trees will be long gone before they are covered.

I kindly ask you come up with a different example.

It can take from a few tens of years to a couple of centuries. The layers would be semiannual in a lacustrine environment.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It depends upon the type of deposition and the environment in which it is deposited. How long do you think deposition of limestone takes to form?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

malvina

Aug 22, 2014
South Australia
✟8,706.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The problem I have with this view is that the bible talks of Satan being in the Garden of Eden in an unfallen state.
The Garden of Eden was in God's 2nd Created world (ours) Satan is loose on

In the original world satan was in command God's Highest Angel. We had the Fall God made our world from the dust of that Old earth and fallen satan was in that garden of Eden Noarh's flood didn't destroy the earth. When the waters subsided Life was under there and the dove brought back a leaf
P.S. Ancient man and dinosaurs were in the OLD original world There was a Great Flood in that Fall
Noah's Flood was in our New World it didn't destroy it as life was under that
There was TWO floods - one with the Fall
and Noah's after the New World creation.
Man was made from the dust of the old world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How could a stratum form slowly? Do you know of anything forming now or recently?

Stratum is forming on every inch of the world's surface continuously and has been ever since its formation.

There are volcanic materials deposited on occasion, but they don't form sedimentary rock.

Where did you get that idea? Ever hear of volcaniclastic sandstones. They from from both primary volcanic process and the secondary surficial processes of weathering and erosion. The most common form is from pyroclasrtic eruptions, either magmatic explosions or phreatic explosions.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

If they don't make that claim, why do you say that they do?
I made my point....strata deposited upon strata doesn't need millions of years to be laid down.

Where did you show that all strata across the Earth do not need millions of years to be laid down? All you have done is show one example of a geologic formation that did not need millions of years.

Finding one example of a human that is 20 years old is not proof that the entirety of humanity appeared 20 years ago.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If they don't make that claim, why do you say that they do?

Where did you show that all strata across the Earth do not need millions of years to be laid down? All you have done is show one example of a geologic formation that did not need millions of years.

Finding one example of a human that is 20 years old is not proof that the entirety of humanity appeared 20 years ago.
It's all about deep time, isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stratum is forming on every inch of the world's surface continuously and has been ever since its formation.
Really?

According to geologist Chimney Rock is about 28 million years oldOf course there is one problem. It is eroding.

According to the Nebrasks State Historical Society Chimnet rock is currently about 120 feet high and has lost about 30 feet in the last 150 years.

At that erosion rate one would think it would have been long gone millions of years ago. Heck, tens of thousands of years ago.

Then again maybe it’s not as old as some people claim.
3209.jpg

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Really?

According to geologist Chimney Rock is about 28 million years oldOf course there is one problem. It is eroding.

It hasn't been exposed to erosion for 28 million years.

According to the Nebrasks State Historical Society Chimnet rock is currently about 120 feet high and has lost about 30 feet in the last 150 years.

Which does not mean that it loses 30 ft every 150 years.

At that erosion rate one would think it would have been long gone millions of years ago. Heck, tens of thousands of years ago.
Erosion rates vary considerably based on type(s) of environmental exposure and chemistry.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Really?

Then again maybe it’s not as old as some people claim.
View attachment 167113

Why would erosion rates be the same throughout time?

Upvote 0