Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We understand that the Law and the 10 Commandments are good. They are Holy. They are Pure.

But, because they are Holy, they show us that we are not.... as that is the main purpose of the Law and 10 Commandments.

They are a Spiritual Mirror, a HOLY Mirror that reflect God's Righteousness against us, so that we can SEE OURSELVES, as compared to God.

And that reflection, of US, as compared to GOD........ that is the main purpose of the Law and 10 Commandments, and it is a CURSE to us, as it reveals us as dirty, sinful, fallen, and lost.

The Law and 10 Commandments reveal us as..."ALL HAVE SINNED".

So, now that the Law and Commandments have revealed us as unholy, .. how can we become a part of God's family that is Holy and Righteous?

Simple.. We need God's Righteousness, as ours. We need God's purity as ours., as until we have it, God can't have us, and will not take us.

You can't go to heaven as a sinner with sin, so God has to deal with all your sin, and birth you spiritually as a "NEW Creation" "in Christ'.

See that SIN issue? That is what the LAW and COMMANDMENTS have REVEALED about us, and that is the : "CURSE OF THE LAW".

What is the Solution that deals with and removes that "curse of the Law"...forever ?? ?

A.) God came here as a virgin born man, and died on the Cross for the SIN of the World....., and This shed blood and death of Jesus forgives all our sin forever, and removes the curse of the Law from us..... forever.

This is what Jesus was explaining to you, Reader, when He was Dying on the Cross and said to you...

"It is FINISHED".

What is finished?

1.) The Law has no more power over you to define you as a sinner, ever again.., that "curse" is gone.

2.) God gives you His "GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS" so that you have now gained as your own, God's very Righteousness. "Made Righteous".

This is to be "made righteous", as = "The Righteousness of GOD..."in Christ".

All the born again are ..."IN Christ". "Made Righteous" "one with God".

See all that ?

"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW", and now the Law can't define us as a sinner, ever again, and that is why the NT defines the born again as a "SAINT"

And the born again have been "made Righteous", having received God's GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS"
See that ?
If you are born again, you have become that....and that is your : Eternal SALVATION.

You cant earn it... You have to , by faith, RECEIVE what Jesus has accomplished for you on the Cross.

Welcome to : Salvation.

Its a "GIFT" from God through The Cross of Christ.

How do you get this "GIFT"?

"all that believe in Jesus, shall be Saved"
"all that call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved"

Jesus said... "ALL that believe in me....i give unto them Eternal LIFE, and they shall never go to Hell.(perish).

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​
...Good, but one point i will say is. I would not just use salvation, as the word salvation in The Bible can also mean a physical salvation from harm or discipline from God. Which can have some adding works to faith, where salvation is mixed with actions like obedience, repentance, etc..

...I personally use Eternal Life salvation, for what God is freely offering people. As The Gospel of John uses Eternal Life or Everlasting Life many times, with what people will receive when they believe in Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Sin IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4 - even in the NT

The Law is as curse to the lost sinner - but under the NEW Covenant that Law is "written on the heart"

Jer 31:31-34
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers on the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “For this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord: “I will put My law within them and write it on their heart; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their wrongdoing, and their sin I will no longer remember.”

That one-and-only Gospel covenant is unchanged "verbatim" in the NT Heb 8:6-12

Rom 3:31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? Far from it! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Rev 14:12 "the saints KEEP the Commandments of God and their faith in Jesus"

1 John 5:3 "This IS the LOVE of God that we KEEP His Commandments"

Eph 6:2 "Honor your father and mother" is the first commandment with a promise -- in that still-valid unit of TEN

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-​
...Good, but one point i will say is. I would not just use salvation, as the word salvation in The Bible can also mean a physical salvation from harm or discipline from God. Which can have some adding works to faith, where salvation is mixed with actions like obedience, repentance, etc..

...I personally use Eternal Life salvation, for what God is freely offering people. As The Gospel of John uses Eternal Life or Everlasting Life many times, with what people will receive when they believe in Jesus.

I appreciate your comment.

For me, Salvation, is what Jesus finished on the Cross, that He said "it is finished", and died after performing that bodily sacrifice for your sin and mine.
He then rose from the dead, to prove its all true.

I realize that some see Salvation as "The Cross + their list of things they believe finishes their salvation or keeps them from losing it, they believe.

For me, i see the Cross of Christ as John 14:6 = the finished Blood Atonement, the New Covenant.... that is the only offer that God has given us that we can partake of, that will make up acceptable to Himself.

"The Gift of Salvation"
"The Gift of Righteousness".

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your comment.

For me, Salvation, is what Jesus finished on the Cross, that He said "it is finished", and died after performing that bodily sacrifice for your sin and mine.
He then rose from the dead, to prove its all true.

I realize that some see Salvation as "The Cross + their list of things they believe finishes their salvation or keeps them from losing it, they believe.

For me, i see the Cross of Christ as John 14:6 = the finished Blood Atonement, the New Covenant.... that is the only offer that God has given us that we can partake of, that will make up acceptable to Himself.

"The Gift of Salvation"
"The Gift of Righteousness".

Salvation (eternal life) is not in what Jesus did on the cross. It is the person Jesus, verse after verse states believe in Jesus for Eternal Life. There are no verses stating believe in what Jesus did on the cross for Eternal Life salvation.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We understand that the Law and the 10 Commandments are good. They are Holy. They are Pure.

But, because they are Holy, they show us that we are not.... as that is the main purpose of the Law and 10 Commandments.

They are a Spiritual Mirror, a HOLY Mirror that reflect God's Righteousness against us, so that we can SEE OURSELVES, as compared to God.

And that reflection, of US, as compared to GOD........ that is the main purpose of the Law and 10 Commandments, and it is a CURSE to us, as it reveals us as dirty, sinful, fallen, and lost.
Nowhere does the Bible say that that is the main purpose of God's law or even that that is one of its purposes. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, it says that God's law is not too difficult for us to obey and that obedience to it brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! So the main purpose of the law is to teach us how to walk the way of blessing and eternal life, which is why Jesus said that the way to enter eternal life is by obeying it (Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28), why Jesus is a source of eternal life for those who obey him (Hebrews 5:9), and why those who obeyed God's commandments are given the right to eat from the Tree of Life (Revelation 22:14).

The Law and 10 Commandments reveal us as..."ALL HAVE SINNED".

So, now that the Law and Commandments have revealed us as unholy, .. how can we become a part of God's family that is Holy and Righteous?

Simple.. We need God's Righteousness, as ours. We need God's purity as ours., as until we have it, God can't have us, and will not take us.

You can't go to heaven as a sinner with sin, so God has to deal with all your sin, and birth you spiritually as a "NEW Creation" "in Christ'.

See that SIN issue? That is what the LAW and COMMANDMENTS have REVEALED about us, and that is the : "CURSE OF THE LAW".

What is the Solution that deals with and removes that "curse of the Law"...forever ?? ?
If God's law were His instructions for how to establish our own righteousness and God does not want us to do that, then it would follow that God therefore does not want to be obeyed, which is absurd, but rather God's law is His instructions for how to act in accordance with His righteousness.

In Ephesians 2:10, we are new creations in Christ to do good works and God's law is His instructions for equipping us to do every good work, and in 1 John 2:6, those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked, which was in obedience to God's law.

A.) God came here as a virgin born man, and died on the Cross for the SIN of the World....., and This shed blood and death of Jesus forgives all our sin forever, and removes the curse of the Law from us..... forever.

This is what Jesus was explaining to you, Reader, when He was Dying on the Cross and said to you...

"It is FINISHED".

What is finished?
In Titus 2:14, it does not say that Jesus gave himself to redeem us from God's law, but in order to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he finished on the cross (Acts 21:20).

1.) The Law has no more power over you to define you as a sinner, ever again.., that "curse" is gone.

2.) God gives you His "GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS" so that you have now gained as your own, God's very Righteousness. "Made Righteous".

This is to be "made righteous", as = "The Righteousness of GOD..."in Christ".

All the born again are ..."IN Christ". "Made Righteous" "one with God".

See all that ?
To describe someone as having a character trait is to describe the way that they choose to act, while it would be inaccurate to describe someone as having a character trait if they did not choose to act accordingly. For example, to say that someone is courageous is to describe them as being someone who choses to act courageously and it would be inaccurate to describe them as such if they chose to act cowardly. Likewise, to describe God as righteous is to say that He chooses to act righteously, so there is no such thing as being righteous apart from being someone who chooses to act righteously. God's law is His instructions for how to act righteously, so while we do not earn our righteousness by obeying it, the gift of becoming righteous is the gift of becoming someone who chooses to act righteously in obedience to it. This is also why those do act righteously are righteous even as they are righteous and why those who do not act righteously in obedience to God's law are not born again (1 John 3:4-10).

"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW", and now the Law can't define us as a sinner, ever again, and that is why the NT defines the born again as a "SAINT"
In Deuteronomy 28 it describes the blessing of living in obedience to God's law and the curse of not living in obedience to it, so Christ redeeming us from the curse of the law is setting us free to enjoy the blessing of living in obedience to it.

And the born again have been "made Righteous", having received God's GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS"
See that ?
If you are born again, you have become that....and that is your : Eternal SALVATION.

You cant earn it... You have to , by faith, RECEIVE what Jesus has accomplished for you on the Cross.

Welcome to : Salvation.

Its a "GIFT" from God through The Cross of Christ.

How do you get this "GIFT"?

"all that believe in Jesus, shall be Saved"
"all that call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved"

Jesus said... "ALL that believe in me....i give unto them Eternal LIFE, and they shall never go to Hell.(perish).
The content of a gift can itself be the experience of doing something, such as giving someone the opportunity to experience driving a Ferrari for an hour, where the gift requires them to do the work of driving it, but where doing that work has nothing to do with earning the gift of the opportunity to drive it. So the content of the gift of righteousness is the experiencing doing what is righteous in obedience to God's law. Likewise, the content of God's gift of eternal life is the experience of knowing God and Jesus, and the gift of God's law is His instructions for how to have that experience. In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way that he might know Him and Israel too, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so knowing God and Jesus is the main goal of the law, which again is eternal life. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so while we do not earn our salvation by obeying it, the experience of living in obedience to it through faith in Jesus is the content of God's gift of saving us from having the experience of not living in obedience to it. Jesus also said that the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commandments, so they are God's instructions for how to believe in him.

• Winner
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Salvation (eternal life) is not in what Jesus did on the cross.

No Cross = No Salvation.

Jesus's death is the Salvation, and this is the Cross of Christ that we "preach".

Notice what Paul said...

1 Corinthians 2 1

"""""For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him Crucified."""""

So, they are hand in Hand:

You can't teach Salvation, unless you "preach Christ Crucified"..

As Paul said..

1 Corinthians 1:23-30​

23 """""But we preach Christ = CRUCIFIED..., unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"""""​

A.) "The preaching of the Cross"... is the "Power of GOD, unto SALVATION".​

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Deuteronomy 28 it describes the blessing of living in obedience to God's law

Im not an Old Testament Jew who is under the law.
If i was, then i'd live in the OT and worry about the Law.

But, as The Law came by Moses, and Grace and Truth came by Jesus The Christ...

I'll stay here.

A.) The New Covenant

"Christ is the END of the LAW....for RIGHTEOUSNESS to everyone who BELIEVES"

"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW"""

The Born again are "NOT under the LAW, but under GRACE".

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No Cross = No Salvation.

Jesus's death is the Salvation, and this is the Cross of Christ that we "preach".

Notice what Paul said...

1 Corinthians 2 1

"""""For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him Crucified."""""

So, they are hand in Hand:

You can't teach Salvation, unless you "preach Christ Crucified"..

As Paul said..

1 Corinthians 1:23-30​

23 """""But we preach Christ = CRUCIFIED..., unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"""""​

A.) "The preaching of the Cross"... is the "Power of GOD, unto SALVATION".​

Jesus being crucified and His resurrection is a miracle, that should point a person to Jesus. That shows that Jesus is who He said He is The only begotten Son of God, The promised Messiah. So the person can believe in Jesus for Eternal Life salvation.

You can believe that Jesus was crucified for you all day long, but if you never believe in the person Jesus. Then you have not receive God's free gift of eternal life.

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus being crucified and His resurrection is a miracle,

Jesus on the Cross, is the Blood Atonement.

This is where your sins are redeemed. and that is your Salvation, as unless your sin is dealt with by the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, you can't go to Heaven.

So, the Cross of Christ is the Sacrifice where Jesus died for all your sin, so that you could receive "the Gift of Righteousness".

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus on the Cross, is the Blood Atonement.

This is where your sins are redeemed. and that is your Salvation, as unless your sin is dealt with by the Sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, you can't go to Heaven.

So, the Cross of Christ is the Sacrifice where Jesus died for all your sin, so that you could receive "the Gift of Righteousness".

Show anywhere in The Bible where it states a person receives eternal life by believing Jesus died on the cross

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Show anywhere in The Bible where it states a person receives eternal life by believing Jesus died on the cross

1 Corinthians 1:21

""""" For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of PREACHING = to SAVE THEM = that believe."""

Preach what?

"The Preaching of THE CROSSS = is to them that perish, foolishness, but to use that are saved, IT..(the preaching of the Cross'....is the power of Salvation".

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 1:21

""""" For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of PREACHING = to SAVE THEM = that believe."""

Preach what?

"The Preaching of THE CROSSS = is to them that perish, foolishness, but to use that are saved, IT..(the preaching of the Cross'....is the power of Salvation".

I said show where in The Bible, The Bible states a person receives Eternal Life. i did not say anything about being saved. Saved or salvation can mean a physical salvation of a believer, that is the case in many of the verses that Paul writes about. That would be what Paul is addressing in 1 Corinthians, the saving of believers.

You want to see an example of what i am saying.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believe in Me has everlasting life.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where in 1 Corinthians 1 does it mention Eternal Life.

Jesus is Eternal life.

Jesus said..."i am The Way...... The Truth... and THE Life'. John 14:6

Jesus said... "I have come that you might have LIFE, and that more abundant".

Jesus said.... "All that believe in me, i given unto them...ETERNAL LIFE....and they shall never go to Hell (perish)."

1 John 5. "That you may KNOW that you have Eternal life", and this "Life" is in "His Son"

A.) Jesus is : Salvation

AA.) Jesus is : Eternal Life

If you have Jesus in you.... "Temple of the Holy Spirit"...."Christ IN YOU, the Hope of Glory".... then you have Eternal Life, as Jesus is Eternal life.

The born again are born again "in Christ", and He is Eternal Life.

"In Christ"
"one with God"

This is our Eternal life that is Jesus who Himself is : Salvation.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is Eternal life.

Jesus said..."i am The Way...... The Truth... and THE Life'. John 14:6

Jesus said... "I have come that you might have LIFE, and that more abundant".

Jesus said.... "All that believe in me, i given unto them...ETERNAL LIFE....and they shall never go to Hell (perish)."

1 John 5. "That you may KNOW that you have Eternal life", and this "Life" is in "His Son"

A.) Jesus is : Salvation

AA.) Jesus is : Eternal Life

If you have Jesus in you.... "Temple of the Holy Spirit"...."Christ IN YOU, the Hope of Glory".... then you have Eternal Life, as Jesus is Eternal life.

The born again are born again "in Christ", and He is Eternal Life.

"In Christ"
"one with God"

This is our Eternal life that is Jesus who Himself is : Salvation.

That is right and that is why a person has to believe in Jesus. Not any of His accomplishments for Eternal Life

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟16,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is right and that is why a person has to believe in Jesus. Not any of His accomplishments for Eternal Life

Yes.

Jesus is Salvation, and He is Eternal Life.

So, His blood and death, pay for our sin, and then God birth's our spirit into Spiritual Union with Christ and Himself.

"In Christ'

"One with God".

We , the born again are spiritually joined to God and Christ, via the Holy Spirit.

Welcome to : Salvation

Its a "Gift'.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Im not an Old Testament Jew who is under the law.
If i was, then i'd live in the OT and worry about the Law.
The whole would would not be accountable to God if the whole world were not under His law and obligated to obey it. In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which is a light to the Gentiles, and the Mosaic Law is how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so if Gentiles were not under God's law and had no need to refrain sin, then Gentiles would have no need of the Gospel, no need of salvation from sin, no need of grace, and no need of Jesus to have given himself to redeem us from all lawlessness. Christ also set a sinless example of how to walk in obedience to the Mosaic Law, so Gentiles can choose whether or not to follow what he taught by word and by example, but Gentiles can't follow him by refusing to follow what he taught.

But, as The Law came by Moses, and Grace and Truth came by Jesus The Christ...
In Psalms 119:29, he wanted to put false ways far from him and for God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey the Mosaic Law, and in Psalms 119:142, the Mosaic Law is truth, so grace and truth came through Jesus because he spent his ministry teaching us how to obey it by word and by example.

I'll stay here.

A.) The New Covenant
In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant involves God putting the Mosaic Law in our minds and writing it on our hearts.

"Christ is the END of the LAW....for RIGHTEOUSNESS to everyone who BELIEVES"
While the Greek word "telos" can mean "end", it can also mean "aim", "purpose", or "goal" such as how it is used in 1 Timothy 1:5, Romans 6:21-22, or James 5:11, though and "end" can also mean "intention" or "aim", so we should look at the surrounding and broader context to determine which is the correct word choice.

In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to walk in His way that he might know Him and Israel too, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so knowing God and Jesus is the goal of the Mosaic Law, which is eternal life (John 17:3).

In Romans 9:30-10:4, the Israelites had a zeal for God, but it was not based on knowing Him, so they failed to attain righteousness because they misunderstood the goal of the Mosaic Law by pursuing the law as through righteousness were the result of their works in order to establish their own instead of pursing the Mosaic Law as through righteousness were by faith in Christ, for Christ is the goal of the law for righteousness for everyone who has faith. In Romans 10:5-10, this faith references Deuteronomy 30:11-16 as the word of faith that we proclaim in regard to saying that the Mosaic Law is not too difficult for us to obey, that obedience to it brings life, in regard to what we are agreeing to obey by confessing that Jesus is Lord, and in regard to the way to believe that God raised Jesus from the death, so nothing in the surrounding content has anything to do with Jesus ending any of God's laws, but just the opposite. Rather, all of God's righteous laws are eternal (Psalms 119:160).

"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW"""
Again, in Deuteronomy 28, it describes the blessing of living in obedience to the Mosaic Law and the curse for not living in obedience to it, so being redeemed from the curse of the law is being set free from not living in obedience to it so that we can be free to enjoy the blessing of living in obedience to it. God did not give the Mosaic Law with the goal of cursing His children, but rather He is a loving Father who knows how to give good gifts, so He gave it for our own good in order to bless us (Deuteronomy 6:24, 10:12-13).

The Born again are "NOT under the LAW, but under GRACE".
In Psalms 119:29 and Exodus 33:13, God is gracious to us by teaching us to obey the Mosaic Law, so that is what it means to be under grace. Likewise, in Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience of faith, and in Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so God graciously teaching us to obey the Mosaic Law is itself the content of His gift of salvation. Furthermore, in Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to the Mosaic Law is the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through his ministry and through the cross (Acts 21:20).

In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to the Mosaic Law are not born again. In Romans 6:14, it describes the law that we are not under as being a law where sin had dominion over us, which does not describe the Mosaic Law, which is a law where holiness, righteousness, and goodness have dominion over us (Romans 7:12), but rather it is the law of sin where sin had dominion over us. In Romans 6:15, being under grace does not mean that we are permitted to sin, and sin is the transgression of the Mosaic Law, so we are still under it and are obligated to obey it. Furthermore, everything else in Romans 6 speaks in favor of obedience to God's law and against sin.

• Winner
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0