2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah it's odd...I can't really call it though. Remember the 80's when this guy was sexy?

View attachment 265087

Or these guys?

View attachment 265088

The difference is....you can look at a lot of old English rock bands and see the transition...sort of. The hair gets bigger, pants tighter, things like perms and makeup start showing up. There's a progression....

It's not a magazine just stating for everyone "this is the new look".

Regardless...it's nothing to really worry about. This always seems to happen for awhile, then snap backwards into this dirty, rough, unrefined look. No matter how ridiculous, over groomed, and frilly it gets...it always rebounds in the other direction.

Where's my 'report' button....I can't seem to find it? ^_^

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
When it comes to the topic of transgenderism, my primary concern is that they are playing into the system of believing that there is such a thing as feeling like a woman or a man.

Who really cares what physical body we're in outside of human created power and privilege? If I woke up tomorrow morning wearing a man's body, the only difference would be how *other* people treat me as a man vs. a woman, but I'd be exactly the same person I am now...same personality, same interests, same spiritual gifts, etc. No difference. No amount of dressing up in different styles of clothing or my physical appearance is ever going to change the person God created.

We are not mature enough as carnal and/or spiritual beings to understand what our roles are. If you believe in something beyond yourself, then you have an inherent idea that your maker made you according to a standard that is unique to males and females.

Since we are not mature enough to understand this roles (we still study humans from different cultures without an absolute "truth" of gender roles - they differ over every culture), usually people resolve themselves to following the gender roles of their spiritual alignment. Clearly, the Most High God has explicitly stated the roles and boundaries of male and female. But, we humans have tried to change and alter that since it was brought up.

If you are Christian, you know there are gender roles - and they are compliments, not imbalanced in power and authority, but different while equal. Men have even taken what the Most High God made clear, and morphed it into dogma that subjugates women.

This is our fault, and our doing; we have turned the world into Babylon with our inability to understand the simplicity that is Christ.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suspect feminized men are easier to control. That appeals to some. ;)

~Bella

I agree with you here, but I think we might want to gently add in the fact that there is a difference shown even in the bible between "the Domestic Dude" and the "Rough and Tumble Centurion." Of course, being domestic in the biblical sense doesn't mean pouring one's testosterone down the lavatory drain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good point. And we might also look at the differences between Jacob and Esau as to "what" biblical manhood amounts to our can amount to ...................

......obviously, Pharrell is a little more like Jacob than Esau, minus the yellow parachute.
Pharrell is a brilliant musician/entertainer.Most entertainers do outrageous things (bed comforter) to promote their art and to elevate their viability in the industry. They have been doing this for years so it is nothing new.I know guys who people thought were gay but they identified as heterosexual. I worked with a woman who was a basketball player in high school and college. She has the same basketball stride as men basketball players and she wore no makeup( people would say she looked "manish"). I remember when it was taboo for women to wear pants. I was a junior in high school when our school relaxed the dress code so we could wear pants. And who can forget the big bruhaha when men started to carry "purses"? Now back paks and "purses" are the norm and men do not look "feminine" for carrying one.IMHO we just need to allow people to dress the way they want as long as we don't have to look at exposed private parts.I said IMHO. Some people may think even nudity is ok since it is our birthday suits.^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pharrell is a brilliant musician/entertainer.Most entertainers do outrageous things (bed comforter) to promote their art and to elevate their viability in the industry. They have been doing this for years so it is nothing new.I know guys who people thought were gay but they identified as heterosexual. I worked with a woman who was a basketball player in high school and college. She has the same basketball stride as men basketball players and she wore no makeup( people would say she looked "manish"). I remember when it was taboo for women to wear pants. I was a junior in high school when our school relaxed the dress code so we could wear pants. And who can forget the big bruhaha when men started to carry "purses"? Now back paks and "purses" are the norm and men do not look "feminine" for carrying one.IMHO we just need to allow people to dress the way they want as long as we don't have to look at exposed private parts.I said IMHO. Some people may think een nudity is ok since it is our birthday suits.^_^

Yes, you're right, Pharrell is an interesting musician and I've very much enjoyed the song, "Happy," ever since it came out. However, I figure people these days are going to wear whatever they want because the laws will be adjusted in just that way so they can do so, just like other laws have been adjusted so "people can just do so." And I'm just waiting for the day that Free the Nipple becomes a mainstay of American apparel. (....and yes, I'm very much joking about that last bit! I'd rather see yellow parachutes than either men or women walking around in public in their 'under-skivies.') :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now most people are created biologically male and female for the purpose of producing children, but gender is imaginary. There is no such thing as "feeling like a woman" or "feeling like a man" outside of a person's imagination, so who cares what a person dresses like.
Wow, tell that to a million couples who get counseling because they can't understand the behavior of the other gender. Men and women are different mentally, and psychologically that's just a biological fact.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
We are not mature enough as carnal and/or spiritual beings to understand what our roles are. If you believe in something beyond yourself, then you have an inherent idea that your maker made you according to a standard that is unique to males and females.

Since we are not mature enough to understand this roles (we still study humans from different cultures without an absolute "truth" of gender roles - they differ over every culture), usually people resolve themselves to following the gender roles of their spiritual alignment. Clearly, the Most High God has explicitly stated the roles and boundaries of male and female. But, we humans have tried to change and alter that since it was brought up.

If you are Christian, you know there are gender roles - and they are compliments, not imbalanced in power and authority, but different while equal. Men have even taken what the Most High God made clear, and morphed it into dogma that subjugates women.

This is our fault, and our doing; we have turned the world into Babylon with our inability to understand the simplicity that is Christ.

The doctrine of complimentarianism as applied to anything other than individuals is a false, human-created doctrine for the purpose of pushing a political, discriminatory, and misogynistic agenda. It's also used to promote the heretical doctrine that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not equal to the Father in the Trinity, also used to push a political, discriminatory, and misogynistic agenda.

God created us all to be unique from one another. He did not put men over on one side and women over on the other side when it came to personality, talents, spiritual gifts, and all other things. The male and female he created was for the purpose of "going forth and multiplying" and not for the purpose of using imaginary gender to interfere with the work of the Spirit in each person.

We understand what our unique and individual roles are through prayer and going to God's throne directly and boldly with no other mediator besides Christ, and it applies to both men and women and anything that may or may not be in-between.

We need to stop putting false boundaries around an eternal God who is much bigger and better than anything we could ever devise for him or on behalf of him.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Wow, tell that to a million couples who get counseling because they can't understand the behavior of the other gender. Men and women are different mentally, and psychologically that's just a biological fact.

It's no surprise that people who limit themselves and others by imaginary gender roles and behavior can't comprehend other human beings. That's not biology working against them, but their fixed mindset. There are many, many other people, including couples, who have no trouble whatsoever understanding the behavior of biological males or females because on the inside, people are people, and the differences are more based on individual personality and cultural upbringing rather than some imaginary barrier between imaginary genders.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
We need to stop putting false boundaries around an eternal God who is much bigger and better than anything we could ever devise for him or on behalf of him.

That is easier said than done (spirit = willing, flesh = weak). When have we ever stopped making dogma and justifying it? We have been preparing/forging Babylon since the beginning. The Word of God Himself was on this plane of existence, and there was still dogma and institutional injections that many people followed, and killed their Savior over.

We don't learn our lesson; that is one of the lessons. But, there will be a time when we are released from our incredible ignorance, and we will lament on the abominations we entertained in that fog of ignorance.

Now is not the time; now is the time for the stink of abominations to reach the summit - that is why there will be no stopping the paradigm shift.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Pharrell is a brilliant musician/entertainer.Most entertainers do outrageous things (bed comforter) to promote their art and to elevate their viability in the industry. They have been doing this for years so it is nothing new.I know guys who people thought were gay but they identified as heterosexual. I worked with a woman who was a basketball player in high school and college. She has the same basketball stride as men basketball players and she wore no makeup( people would say she looked "manish"). I remember when it was taboo for women to wear pants. I was a junior in high school when our school relaxed the dress code so we could wear pants. And who can forget the big bruhaha when men started to carry "purses"? Now back paks and "purses" are the norm and men do not look "feminine" for carrying one.IMHO we just need to allow people to dress the way they want as long as we don't have to look at exposed private parts.I said IMHO. Some people may think even nudity is ok since it is our birthday suits.^_^

I used to love Pharrell - especially when he was a super producer with N.E.R.D., but it seems he has become a triangle...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That is easier said than done (spirit = willing, flesh = weak). When have we ever stopped making dogma and justifying it? We have been preparing/forging Babylon since the beginning. The Word of God Himself was on this plane of existence, and there was still dogma and institutional injections that many people followed, and killed their Savior over.

We don't learn our lesson; that is one of the lessons. But, there will be a time when we are released from our incredible ignorance, and we will lament on the abominations we entertained in that fog of ignorance.

Now is not the time; now is the time for the stink of abominations to reach the summit - that is why there will be no stopping the paradigm shift.

I know it's not easy and just like in the past, oftentimes it is the religious authorities and institutions that are the most guilty.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I used to love Pharrell - especially when he was a super producer with N.E.R.D., but it seems he has become a triangle...
A triangle? What does that mean?

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He became illuminated...

Man, I hate that when that happens! ^_^ So, do you know for sure that he became Triangulated? I mean, in this day, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but I'd like to at least see something in print quoting him.

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Man, I hate that when that happens! ^_^ So, do you know for sure that he became Triangulated? I mean, in this day, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but I'd like to at least see something in print quoting him.

As the Most High God said, you will know them by their fruits.

He was fine with my ignorant mind when he was with N.E.R.D. but as soon as he started getting involved with Jay Z /\, and other artists - as well as doing his own singing - then I knew for sure (in my ignorant mind). I keep saying that because he could have been triangulated much earlier by the success he got.

If he wasn't triangulated, he certainly is now: look at the shape of the duvet he is wearing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
AH!, I have heard of the blond hair ritual. But that is the only thing I noticed.

Heh.. look at the shape of his duvet wrapped costume on the cover of GQ. Then do colour association.

:D

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
GQ’s New Masculinity

Blond hair at top equal illumination (light bulb/sun).

Pyramidal duvet covering with only head exposed.

He is an isosceles triangle yet - just like his buddies.

And yet he still adds up to 180 degrees.

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0