VozNocturna

Word Scratcher
Sep 12, 2002
The library
Visit site
✟8,706.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, a large gut is a sign of undigested food. What we are seeing is not really fat but years of compacted food and fecal matter. Or in the words of afriend of mine who was in nursing school, they are literally full of crap. Gross! Most men with large guts (the type that are hanging over their pants and that make them look like they are carrying triplets) are dead men walking, meaning they are waiting for colon cancer to happen any minute.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Actually, a large gut is a sign of undigested food. What we are seeing is not really fat but years of compacted food and fecal matter. Or in the words of afriend of mine who was in nursing school, they are literally full of crap. Gross! Most men with large guts (the type that are hanging over their pants and that make them look like they are carrying triplets) are dead men walking, meaning they are waiting for colon cancer to happen any minute.

:thumbsup:
And they say it's what's 'inside' that counts????

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Upvote 0

Laurie919

Apr 4, 2007
Louisiana
✟13,685.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think women are more accepting of men being overweight then men are of women being overweight.

Your options aren't as broad as they would be if you were healthier.
I don't know if this is true or not. Well, I guess it is because I have seen heavy men with beautiful women. But at the same time I know I don't want a man that I don't like his body and I don't like heavy guys, even when I was heavy I didn't.

Upvote 0

Stratiotes

May 16, 2006
Arkansas
✟16,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those of you that have mentioned the health risk of being fat... that they'll probably have a heart attack, or get colon cancer...

Maybe so, but a guy at my work is around 50, perfectly healthy looking. He eats healthy and works on a ropes course climbing and exercising all the time. He was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. Everyone is at risk for some disease or another... you live your life trying to prevent one and you instead get another.

Being fat is a health risk, not a death sentence in itself. Much of my family is overweight, and while I will say some of them have high blood pressure and stuff, at least half of them with high blood pressure aren't the ones who are overweight...

I am not advocating being comfortable with fat--I'm all about exercise and fitness, but I'm just saying being fat doesn't automatically mean someone is going to drop dead anytime. It is just one of many health risks. Just like stress, breathing city air, etc.

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if this is true or not. Well, I guess it is because I have seen heavy men with beautiful women. But at the same time I know I don't want a man that I don't like his body and I don't like heavy guys, even when I was heavy I didn't.

It just not matter enough for it to matter to me.

Honestly thinner girls to a point are more attractive physically. But I am still physically attracted to overweight women and I'm not about to go looking for the "perfect" woman in terms of physicallity.

I'd much rather have a woman that is 270 pounds that I love then have a woman that is at a perfect weight and looks like a model that is just superfical, annoying, ignorant, or has nothing in common with me. Because I still am attracted physically to women who are 270 pounds.

Do you see what I'm saying?

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
It just not matter enough for it to matter to me.

Honestly thinner girls to a point are more attractive physically. But I am still physically attracted to overweight women and I'm not about to go looking for the "perfect" woman in terms of physicallity.

I'd much rather have a woman that is 270 pounds that I love then have a woman that is at a perfect weight and looks like a model that is just superfical, annoying, ignorant, or has nothing in common with me. Because I still am attracted physically to women who are 270 pounds.

Do you see what I'm saying?
I'm sure we all see what you're saying, but the OP was asking for the opinion of women.

:wave:

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I would prefer someone nicer
On the inside rather than the outside IMHO!

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
dang what do ladies define as "heavy"

It differs from each person. Some like a little more meat on the bones, and some like really lean guys.

I personally like a little meat on the bones, but I don't want someone who has trouble walking around or is unhealthy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moonlight Lady

Nov 26, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟458.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Beauty inside AND out is fantastic.... and no, that doesn't men ugly vs. good looking or whatever. I find myself attracted to confident people who take care of themselves - spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

I wouldn't consider going out with someone who didn't give himself a spiritual workout every week (reading his bible, worship, prayer, etc), these things keep you spiritually healthy.....and I feel the same way about being mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy as well: read, talk, exercise.

I'm only interested in a mate who makes an effort to be spiritually fit, mentally fit, emotionally fit, and physically fit, because those are the standards I set for myself daily.

:thumbsup:

Having a gut is not a permanent issue....if you're honest with yourself you know this is something you can change anytime you choose. I'm not talking about becoming super skinny.... you can be big and healthy.... but there is a difference between being big, and being over weight. Only you can decided what kind of life and future you want for yourself.... Once you do, don't be afraid to work at getting it.

:clap:

Upvote 0

Moonlight Lady

Nov 26, 2006
New York
Visit site
✟458.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Moonlight, why do I get the impression that you misreported your age?
:D :D :D

lol... Actually that was an error... I didn't realize it until I had been registered about a week. I just don't know how to change it now.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the OP:

As someone who is halfway through my own weight-loss journey, I'll share one of the best pieces of advice I read: Live like you are already at your goal weight. I don't know if you're trying to slim down or what, but the idea is not to put dating or hobbies or anything else you want on hold until you have everything in your life "just so." None of us are ever going to have everything going perfectly all at once, so we have to learn to be confident with who God made us to be and the package we're in right now. The key factor here truly is your own confidence.

I'm sure there's as much variation among women as there is among men on this sort of thing, but perhaps it will help you to know that I was interested in my guy before I even knew what he looked like. I do think he is very handsome, but he peaked my interest online before I ever saw his picture. If he gained or lost weight, my feelings for him wouldn't change.

I am blessed that he feels the same way about me. He supports my efforts to slim down because it's what I want in order to be fit and healthy, but he thinks I'm beautiful as I am.

I'd rather build on that foundation than on a list of required physical characteristics. And I'm sure I'm not the only woman who feels that way.

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In general, women judge guys based on their height, which is in some respects much more superficial than weight.

I've seen a number of men on this forum claim that women judge men based on height (or income). Perhaps that is true for some women, but neither I nor my friends care about either of those things. I think it would be best if we spoke for ourselves and our own experiences and avoided generalizations of either gender.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I like men with some meat on them... a 'gut' isn't the least bit unattractive to me.

That being said... there is a point when it is too big.

However, I know guys have a hard time believing this...

But, imo, women really are not as concerned with appearances as men are. We really can find ourselves attracted to men based almost entirely on personality.

For an example:

I had a professor in law school who was about 5'7" - 5'8", balding, weighed probably right around 180-200 lbs, (had a bit of a gut). He looked a little bit like Jason Alexander (George from Seinfeld). Almost every woman in my class agreed that there was just something really sexy about that man. It was his intelligence, confidence and charisma that made him attractive to us.

So really, don't stress about that so much. If you feel that you would be more confident with yourself if you lost weight... then by all means, work on it. I know that losing weight did LOADS for my confidence (still have a ways to go). But other aspects of my life supply more confidence - things that don't seem as precarious to me. ;)

For another example of a guy I think is cute, despite his gut...

Attachments

• Jim Belushi.JPG
    Jim Belushi.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 0