✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
GOP, Dems rally behind Nazi Social Security benefit ban - CNN.com

Almost 70 years after the liberation of Auschwitz, the concentration camp set up by the Germans to exterminate Jewish prisoners, there are still a handful of Nazis who continue to receive U.S. Social Security benefits.

Why has it taken this long to end payments to people that were stripped of their citizenship and deported?

But then again, were they ever convicted of any crime?

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
GOP, Dems rally behind Nazi Social Security benefit ban - CNN.com

Why has it taken this long to end payments to people that were stripped of their citizenship and deported?

But then again, were they ever convicted of any crime?

I'm sure that not disclosing, or lying about one's involvement in war crimes is illegal. If it's grounds for deportation, it should be considered a felony.

However, I know that SS benefits are denied if a convicted felon is imprisoned. But I'm not sure that's true if one is not confined (like given a suspended sentence. Or just deported.) Maybe that's one of the loopholes.

Upvote 0

ThisBrotherOfHis

Dec 17, 2013
On the cusp of the Border War
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many living Nazis are there in the U.S.?

And how many illegals who are about to get benefits?

:doh:

While we're at it, let's ban Martians and Venusians from receiving benefits, too. God forbid we'd actually do something about preventing illegals from draining the U.S. public till.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How many living Nazis are there in the U.S.?

I think this law applies to concentration camp personnel who've been deported, but are still getting benefits. The article said there are 4. This is more symbolic than substantive.

And how many illegals who are about to get benefits?
:doh:

Good question. But to be eligible for SS, they and their employers would have been paying FICA. So at least they're paying into the system. Or that's how it's supposed to work.

Upvote 0