Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
By that logic, it should be about 70 times more appropriate for google to mention Christmas or Easter rather than Ramadan.
There are more Muslims world wide than Christians and it is faster growing religion. So by that logic, Islam should get the most attention from Google.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟575,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are more Muslims world wide than Christians and it is faster growing religion. So by that logic, Islam should get the most attention from Google.

Actually, Christianity is the largest religion in the world.

What are the most widely practiced religions of the world?
  1. Christianity (2.1 billion)
  2. Islam (1.3 billion)
  3. Nonreligious (Secular/Agnostic/Atheist) (1.1 billion)
  4. Hinduism (900 million)
  5. Chinese traditional religion (394 million)
  6. Buddhism 376 million
  7. Primal-indigenous (300 million)
  8. African traditional and Diasporic (100 million)
  9. Sikhism (23 million)
  10. Juche (19 million)
  11. Spiritism (15 million)
  12. Judaism (14 million)
  13. Bahai (7 million)
  14. Jainism (4.2 million)
  15. Shinto (4 million)
  16. Cao Dai (4 million)
  17. Zoroastrianism (2.6 million)
  18. Tenrikyo (2 million)
  19. Neo-Paganism (1 million)
  20. Unitarian-Universalism (800,000)

• Informative
Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to this chart, Christians and Catholics are two seperate religions. I find that troubling.
I been told Catholics isn't a Christian at all. So some don't see them as Christians at all.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟575,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I been told Catholics isn't a Christian at all. So some don't see them as Christians at all.

One would be ignorant to think that, since the Catholics scripted the bible, and it says in the bible: Acts 11:25-26

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Some Muslims are blowing up many Christians, and other people, all over the world.
When I was growing up Christians were killing each other in Northern Ireland every month for years.

I believe that Joseph Kony fellow was a bit of a rum cove and a Christian.

I think maybe the idea that Christians are whiter than white fuels the fire, here.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To be clear from the top: this is not a post about outrage (I'm not outraged) or persecution (this is not persecution). But fundamentalist secular Leftists will always, always teach you who they loathe and fear.

This one is not difficult, is it?

Google did not shy away from Doodling about Winter Solstice, which was just a few days ago. But for Christmas, arguably one of the most--if not THE most--celebrated holiday around the world--we get "December Global Festivities". Not a single mention of Christmas, not even on Christmas Day, for pity's sake.

Here is a link to their Google Story:

December global festivities - Google Search

And here is their doodle:

Google
Merry Christmas, hope you are doing well!

Google is an international corporation. The majority of the world does not celebrate Christmas. It isn't even Christmas in half the world yet. Time zones and all that. And then Christmas for a lot of people isn't a religious day, even if they do celebrate it.

In December, right now there are 12 holidays. It isn't disingenuous to say "December Global Festivities". My personal feelings are that I don't care if they put up whatever they want, be it something typically associated with Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Satanism or whatever. Call me cynical but they might have done this on purpose (unless they really were just being a global company and telling their users they aren't too Western centric). They know it won't hurt them because most people don't care which pretty picture a private business puts up. But a few people do care, for some reason, and are giving Google free publicity, you are even linking to them here, when these complainers should be showing love and kindness to their loved ones and communities and whatever else they think Christmas is about for them.

By the way, New Year's Eve is the biggest holiday in the world and the winter solstice, although some have celebrations on that day, it is a natural phenomenon with the shortest day and longest night of the year and every single being on Earth experiences it.

Can you explain how you think this means "leftists" fear and loathe Christmas and then perhaps you think Christians too? I'm not seeing the links to that. Help me out, please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟557,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Again, I think it's important to call them out on their double standards and their intolerance. Not because we're outraged, just to let them know--not from a place of anger but from a place of Truth-- that we see what they're doing.

The "so what" is they paint themselves as entirely virtuous while we are painted as the most cretinous people who ever lived. That's a lie, actually. What they say and what they do are two different things, and they show us this daily. Evidence as you see.
If someone at Google deliberately made the decision (as you've suggested in this thread) to spite Christians on Christmas Day for some vague cause of advancing leftism (I don't see the connection there) then maybe don't give them the satisfaction of actually being upset enough by it to create a thread just to vent your anger. Though, I guess that is healthy.

Just don't use Google products or services is my advice. Though, I'll warn you, it may be harder to avoid them than you think. Do you use an Android phone, a Chrome browser or have a gmail account? Do you ever watch videos on YouTube?

Here's a list of their products just for reference.

List of Google products - Wikipedia

Have a Merry Christmas, and don't let Google spoil it.

Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Google's banner is bizarre. I could think of lots of better secular images.

It is kinda ugly and at first looks odd, but I think they are showing that winter/December 25th isn't just cold and snowy, or even Christmas time for all the world. It isn't solely northern hemisphere or Western centric. They have the penguins and the tucan and parrot (symbolic of the southern hemisphere/places that are hot right now, other holidays and just the diversity of humans in general and where they come from, etc.) meeting and celebrating together. Which is a nice message, I think.

It makes sense. They are a mass global company and want to reach even more of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Islam does that and to a much greater extent than Christianity in the modern world, and secularist liberals not only tolerate Islam, but are protective of it.

I think Islam is a terrible and truly horrific religion, if read literally, much like other religions, especially of the same time and around the same region. What I am tolerant and "protective" of is Muslims, the people as well as all people. I don't want anyone to be bullied, abused or discriminated against. Which is what some people want to happen to certain groups just for being part of a certain group.

Then there are some countries and places where Christians are the minority and unfortunately need to be protected and stood up for. And of course I stand by them. The same goes for all minorities world wide be they religious or not. By all means though, tear apart with speech religions and bad ideologies. But don't violate people's rights.

Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I don't know. I certainly don't need Google to help me understand the meaning of the holiday or to help me celebrate. On the other hand, they are certainly revealing the mind of the fundamentalist secular Left, whether they understand what they're doing or not.

Huh? Do you think Google is the spokesperson for whatever the heck this "fundamentalist secular Leftists" thing is? It is a private company with many different people in charge and running it. I'm a secular progressive, but Google has nothing to do with my belief system and I actually have quite a few critiques of it.

As I already mentioned, people like you are making a fuss and giving them free publicity and letting them make more money. You even have the links in your OP. I wouldn't be surprised if that is (at least one reason) why they chose to opt out of a pretty Christmas picture. Remember the Starbucks Christmas "scandal"? People who had never gone were going in, ordering a drink and then saying their names were "Merry Christmas" so they would write that on the cups and then they filmed themselves doing it too and it became a fade. Starbucks made more money and had a lot more free publicity.

Looks like it is working here too because it is a story that lots of people are talking about on Christmas! I wouldn't of even been thinking about Google today if you and people like you hadn't brought them up.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Google did not shy away from Doodling about Winter Solstice, which was just a few days ago. But for Christmas, arguably one of the most--if not THE most--celebrated holiday around the world--we get "December Global Festivities". Not a single mention of Christmas, not even on Christmas Day, for pity's sake.

Google's an aggressively anti-Christian American company. What did you expect?

When Google says "diversity," they mean "everybody except Christians." That's why their doodles commemorate every religion in the world except Christianity.

This is not news.

• Agree
Reactions: Liza B.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone at Google deliberately made the decision (as you've suggested in this thread) to spite Christians on Christmas Day for some vague cause of advancing leftism (I don't see the connection there) then maybe don't give them the satisfaction of actually being upset enough by it to create a thread just to vent your anger. Though, I guess that is healthy.

Just don't use Google products or services is my advice. Though, I'll warn you, it may be harder to avoid them than you think. Do you use an Android phone, a Chrome browser or have a gmail account? Do you ever watch videos on YouTube?

You don't really expect somebody to stand behind their boycott do you?

• Optimistic
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One would be ignorant to think that, since the Catholics scripted the bible, and it says in the bible: Acts 11:25-26

It could mean Catholics went the wrong way. Who knows. I tend to think all religious are half truths. And more politics to control people.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The more I hear stories like this, the more I feel like some Christians in America must feel entitled and must believe that their Christian religion deserves more recognition and praise than any other religion in this entire country or perhaps even in the world. It seems to me that there are some Christians who just can't stand it when non-Christian religions are acknowledged and celebrated during the Holiday Season. I guess they get rather upset when their Christian version of Christmas isn't given the special recognition they think their holiday should be given. I could be wrong because this is just my opinion, which is based on my own personal observations. I remember the outrage from many Christians when Starbucks didn't print 'Merry Christmas' on their cups. If I remember correctly, there was also some outrage from many Christians when retail employees started saying 'Happy Holidays' to customers instead of 'Merry Christmas'. And now there seems to be some disgruntlement about Google not using 'Merry Christmas' in their holiday doodle. Maybe I'm not wrong after all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0