• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

Good news--Joe Biden says inflation has dropped ten months in a row

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟240,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
President Joe Biden claimed Friday that inflation has fallen for 10 straight months, just days after the Bureau of Economic Analysis announced that the Federal Reserve's preferred inflation gauge rose in April.
Good to hear. I just must have been going to the wrong stores.

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟104,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟51,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If inflation is falling, it's only in certain economic factors. From the best of my limited knowledge in economics, if people can't afford to buy more clothes because they are spending more on food, then the price of clothing will drop because stores need to move the inventory. However, people still need to eat, so the cost of food is the same or keeps going up.

I practically got a whole new wardrobe in February/March from Wal-mart because they had to move their fall/winter clothing inventory. And I was rather shocked at the racks and racks and racks and racks and racks, you get the point, of clothes that were marked down to $1 !!!! The most expensive mark down was $15 on a jacket: original price $30 or $35, so even still, that was a good deal, and I needed it. So yeah, prices dropped, because people aren't going to spend money on certain items.

I even got underwear 70% off. I think I'm good for underwear for a while (That was at Dollar General, though)

But seriously, you guys, keep a look out for those mark-downs; I'm seeing it everywhere in my town--especially look for end-of-season stuff. People can't afford new picnic tables or umbrellas, so you'll be seeing things like that probably marked down for a steal. You just got to know how to shop. Thankfully my parents taught me how to shop the deals. And . . . well . . . I'm probably in stores more than I should be with my mom. Lol. So I tend to see the deals too. Although my mother did say I seem to have a knack for finding deals, they tend to call out to me. . . . Ha ha ha. Probably cause I'm looking around in boredom while waiting for my mom XD

Anyway, my tip of advice for people/parents, hit Wal-mart in late July and through August because they might start moving the summer clothes out to make way for the fall apparel and you might get good deals for the kids or yourself. It might be a worth the trip. I think after this year maybe next year you won't find nearly as many good deals, because if they can't move the inventory they'll stop ordering it in. Now's the time to keep an eye on things you need/want that are outside the agricultural sector.

Me personally: I'm keeping an eye on a picnic umbrella. Last year they marked the $70 umbrella down to $25 and I'd really like to get like one or two more.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟296,551.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Inflation is the rate of increase on the price of goods, so it can fall when prices are still going up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟240,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Inflation is the rate of increase on the price of goods, so it can fall when prices are still going up.

Joe is unbelievable. Do you think he and Kamala are a shoe-in because of their accomplishments?

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Joe is unbelievable. Do you think he and Kamala are a shoe-in because of their accomplishments?
Nothing is a shoe in, but yes economy wise specially after inheriting a pandemic to deal with effecting that economy, the BLS and FRED numbers speaks for themselves. They have done well replete new manufacturing in the US.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟240,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is a shoe in, but yes economy wise specially after inheriting a pandemic to deal with effecting that economy, the BLS and FRED numbers speaks for themselves. They have done well replete new manufacturing in the US.
Amazing job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟104,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The media, will keep the ice cream stories, and the softball questions going, to help grease the wheels for Biden in '24

Upvote 0