Sydney, Straya
✟1,186,585.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Still, "Good Friday" remains bogus,as it's simply impossible to get 3 days & 3 nights outta Friday til Sunday.
Synecdoche.

You still have the problem that it's impossible to get three days and three nights in the grave AND rise on the third day. You insist that Jesus was not speaking the truth when He said He would rise on the third day, yet the witnesses on the road to Emmaus confirm that it was true. Adding an extra Sabbath does not get you out of this quandary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Still, "Good Friday" remains bogus,as it's simply impossible to get 3 days & 3 nights outta Friday til Sunday.

Not true. Any portion of a day is considered as the whole.

Upvote 0

prophetjul

Jul 6, 2017
Sabah
✟16,173.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're a funny dude. I'm not Catholic, nor is my view 'romish'.

Still the third day. Passing, not passed.
Tis a Romish tradition.

Tis the passing of the third day according to some translators.

And since 3 day and 3 nights of prophecy means nothing to you, i guess you are saying Jesus was a false prophet.

Nothing else to discuss

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Tis a Romish tradition.

Tis the passing of the third day according to some translators.

And since 3 day and 3 nights of prophecy means nothing to you, i guess you are saying Jesus was a false prophet.

Nothing else to discuss

So when He says "destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in 3 days"...was He a liar?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prophetjul

Jul 6, 2017
Sabah
✟16,173.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already did...you just chose to ignore it
Maybe you the one ignoring

He didn't finish His sentence?

But they knew what He was implying

55 And the chief priests and all the council sought for witness against Jesus to put him to death; and found none.

56 For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.

57 And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying,

58 We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,

61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
And they tried to make sure He does not fulfill it

62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.

66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

Upvote 0

prophetjul

Jul 6, 2017
Sabah
✟16,173.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So when He says "destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in 3 days"...was He a liar?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.

65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.

66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

Looks like you like to ignore scriptures.

Jesus was not lying. He spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb and rose after.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

See the sign was His rising, not His death...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Now, I never said Jesus didn't rise on the 3rd day. In fact, I've said He rose shortly before sunset on Saturday, so He'd been risen several hours come Sunday AM.

But it's still impossible to get 3 days & nights from Friday to Sunday AM.

Again, you don't NEED to...
He died on the 6th day, the day the 1st Adam was created. He rested on the Sabbath and rose AFTER sunset on the 1st day (the 8th day).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Looks like you like to ignore scriptures.

Jesus was not lying. He spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb and rose after.

Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day.

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Again, you don't NEED to...
He died on the 6th day, the day the 1st Adam was created. He rested on the Sabbath and rose AFTER sunset on the 1st day (the 8th day).

MMRRPP! WRONG!

Jesus underwent His "passion" & death, most lilely on a Wednesday. There were two Sabbaths that week, the "high Sabbath" of passover, & the regular weekly Sabbath. He was resurrected shortly before sundown on Saturday, the regular Sabbath. (The next week had two Sabbaths as well, the High Sabbath of the 7th day of passover, & the regular Saturday one.)

Upvote 0