✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
MMRRPP! WRONG!

Jesus underwent His "passion" & death, most lilely on a Wednesday. There were two Sabbaths that week, the "high Sabbath" of passover, & the regular weekly Sabbath. He was resurrected shortly before sundown on Saturday, the regular Sabbath. (The next week had two Sabbaths as well, the High Sabbath of the 7th day of passover, & the regular Saturday one.)

I see, so now it is "most likely", not sure now are you? You keep forcing things into your incorrect scenario (like a resurrection on Shabbat)...there was a REASON He resurrected on the 1st day of the week...it was a special day...it was to fulfill.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Now, I never said Jesus didn't rise on the 3rd day. In fact, I've said He rose shortly before sunset on Saturday, so He'd been risen several hours come Sunday AM.

But it's still impossible to get 3 days & nights from Friday to Sunday AM.

Before sunset it is still the Sabbath...if you knew what the next day was you would NEVER say that

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I explained it once. If you can't believe it, that's YOUR problem!

no, the problem is yours...and it is a big one and it is sad you do not even know why...SMH

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you believe the Eucharist is Hos Flesh and Blood?

Don't be silly. Of course not. Of course He used some similes & metaphors, same as we do. But when He prophesied, or taught something, it was literal.
So you believe the Eucharist is Hos Flesh and Blood?
no, the problem is yours...and it is a big one and it is sad you do not even know why...SMH

Now, you can go right on believing you can get 3 days & nights outta Friday to Sunday AM if you choose. You can also believe in the Easter bunny. That's YOUR business. But I choose differently.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Don't be silly. Of course not. Of course He used some similes & metaphors, same as we do. But when He prophesied, or taught something, it was literal.
Thus proclaims the infallible Pope robycop3.
Jesus also prophesied He would rise "on the third day", yet you don't take that as literal.
Now, you can go right on believing you can get 3 days & nights outta Friday to Sunday AM if you choose.
I've already shown how it should be understood multiple times.
You can also believe in the Easter bunny. That's YOUR business. But I choose differently.
Easter bunny makes great stew, so does Thanksgiving bunny. It doesn't really matter what the festival is, the bunny is good eating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Now, you can go right on believing you can get 3 days & nights outta Friday to Sunday AM if you choose. But I choose differently.

I don't need to. You are wrong and you don't even know why...

Upvote 0

robycop3

Sep 16, 2014
✟115,462.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thus proclaims the infallible Pope robycop3.
Jesus also prophesied He would rise "on the third day", yet you don't take that as literal.
never said otherwise. I've repeatedly said He rose shortly before sundown Saturday.

I've already shown how it should be understood multiple times.
No, you've shown what you've INAGINED. No way does Friday to Sunday make three days & nights.

Easter bunny makes great stew, so does Thanksgiving bunny. It doesn't really matter what the festival is, the bunny is good eating.
Chocolate bunnies are even better, usually without too many shotgun pellets in them.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Matt 12:40 . . For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Some years ago a skeptic asked me how to get three days and three nights between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. It was an embarrassing moment.

Well, Passover and Easter Sunday are just around the corner.

I don't understand why you think April 19-21 were just around the corner on March 9, but there is no way Jonah could have been "in the belly of a fish" and outside its body at the same time. He had to be in a big fish 3 days and 3 nights. I know that does not mean Jonah was there 72 hours, of course. But to claim he was not in a fish's stomach three times when the sun was up and three times when the sun was down will make Jesus a liar based on God's definition of a day and night. We know Jesus never lies.

You don't have to feel embarrassed about the calendar confusion. I started a thread on the same topic, so you are not alone. One problem is centuries of changes to the Greek vocabulary which cause transatiation errors. Not all Bible scholars are language historians. But to keep things simple, I assume only readers do not translate text correctly.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
never said otherwise. I've repeatedly said He rose shortly before sundown Saturday.
Mark 16:9 proves you wrong.
No, you've shown what you've INAGINED. No way does Friday to Sunday make three days & nights.
You've shared this opinion of yours multiple times. I don't need to be reminded of your error.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prophetjul

Jul 6, 2017
Sabah
✟16,173.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mark 16:9 proves you wrong.

You've shared this opinion of yours multiple times. I don't need to be reminded of your error.

9Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out ofwhom he had cast seven devils. 10[And] she went and told them that had been with him, as they mournedand wept. 11And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Was risen..........already risen.

First of the weeks........There is no word 'day' in the texts.

Likewise in the same scene, in John 20, there is no phrase as 'first day of the week'.

3 days and 3 night. Treis hemera tries nux is an exact prophecy by Jesus.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου
He rose in the morning first day of the week
First of the weeks........There is no word 'day' in the texts.
It's "first of the week", it isn't plural. "weeks" would be "σαββατων"
Likewise in the same scene, in John 20, there is no phrase as 'first day of the week'.
This is the kind of result you get when someone with no practical knowledge of the language, armed only with a dictionary, tries to translate something from one language to another.
What is the first of the week? Is it an item of clothing? Is it a type of food? Is it a disease?
I suspect most 3rd graders could tell you it is the day known in English as Sunday. (actually in modern Western culture they'd probably say it was Monday)
3 days and 3 night. Treis hemera tries nux is an exact prophecy by Jesus.
An interpretation that clashes with other Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, YOU are, but are too stubborn to admit it.

Sorry, but scripture proves you wrong. I don't need to admit anything because I am not wrong, you are...and you don't even know why...

Upvote 0

prophetjul

Jul 6, 2017
Sabah
✟16,173.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου
He rose in the morning first day of the week

It's "first of the week", it isn't plural. "weeks" would be "σαββατων"

This is the kind of result you get when someone with no practical knowledge of the language, armed only with a dictionary, tries to translate something from one language to another.
What is the first of the week? Is it an item of clothing? Is it a type of food? Is it a disease?
I suspect most 3rd graders could tell you it is the day known in English as Sunday. (actually in modern Western culture they'd probably say it was Monday)

SO, what happen to the 'day' huh? Why is it plural in John and Matthew?
What is first of the Sabbaths? This is the problem when a geek thinks in Greek, not understanding Hebraisms. And NO, a 3rd grader would not understand it.

An interpretation that clashes with other Scripture.

3 days and 3 nights. No clash at all.
All consistent with a Saturday evening resurrection.

Upvote 0