Canada
✟17,022.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ted Dekker? He's written some good fantasy, like the Circle Series. Just a warning that it gets quite dark. Blink is sort of a mild sci-fi/thriller, also written by him and quite a good book.

And then there's the obvious Tolkien recommendation as well, though I'm sure you know of his works already.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Besides what's been mentioned above, Madeleine L'Engle wrote several books in the sf/fantasy genre. A Wrinkle in Time is the most well-known, but I think I like A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet better. Never mind that the characters are teens/young adults; I very much enjoyed reading them as a not-young adult.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Besides what's been mentioned above, Madeleine L'Engle wrote several books in the sf/fantasy genre. A Wrinkle in Time is the most well-known, but I think I like A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet better. Never mind that the characters are teens/young adults; I very much enjoyed reading them as a not-young adult.

Thank you. Most of my favorite fantasy books have teen/young adult characters. I think it's because I like to see their development as they grow. It's a good age for a series.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does any actually exist? I'm desperate. Most are bland at best. I'm not referring to overtly Christian material like Left Behind.

It's not considered Christian, but Ray Bradberry is defiantly great fantasy with aspiring focus for the stories. And that will keep you busy for a few years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about Tolkiens Lord of the Rings? Also Hadaasah: On Night With the King by Andrew Olson.

Also, another good Jewish Book that has Christian values is The Chosen by Chiam Polok, though this and the one before are not fantasy or sci fi they are still excellent and not preachy.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Does any actually exist? I'm desperate. Most are bland at best. I'm not referring to overtly Christian material like Left Behind.
If you're looking for books then Dr. Michael Heiser has a sci-fi/fantasy novel. "The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible". He draws his ideas from decades of study with ancient sumeric languages and the scholastic material available from higher learning. But it's presented as a novel, has been reviewed on Amazon.

If you're looking for video and film, he also has a YouTube channel. He interviews some rather fascinating people, many of which have also authored books.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNdjjkmCiMHVEwGZIsEn8Wg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Shadowmancer books are pretty good, if you like your Christian works to have a sort of Victorian Gothic horror feel to them. I for one enjoyed them, but don't go in expecting by-the-book spiritual accuracy; there are a number of creative liberties. That said, if you take the books as the fantasy they were meant to be, they're a great and interesting read. The order goes Shadowmancer, Wormwood, Tersias, and The Shadowmancer Returns: the Curse of Salamander Street.

Upvote 0