Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Today I am finally going to church. I have social anxiety. And I get vertigo when I am outside. I have an extreme fear of wide open spaces. I do well when I am inside a building; but when I step outside, I get extremely dizzy.

I was able to buy myself a mobile scooter with a canopy, which closes me in when I use it. It works. In fact, I was able to go to McDonalds with that scooter; and I was even able to cross the street. The canopy makes me feel safe because it closes me inside the scooter. I don't know if you are able to understand what I mean. For example, when I am outside, I feel like I will fly into outer space. There is an open area where I feel exposed, and there is nothing to protect me from flying out into space. That is how it feels when I am outside. But the canopy has a top and I can close it because the door zips up. I had to take out loans in order for me to buy this scooter. And a family friend put it all together for me. Now, I can leave the house. I did leave the house with the help of other people, for I am a full time college student, but I couldn't do it myself. They would pick up at the door, and I could walk short distances with a walker to the bus. Then they would drop me off in front of the door. But now I am able to travel with my scooter with the canopy.

I am extremely nervous about going to church. It is extremely easy to notice me when I show up at places with my scooter. I feel that everyone is judging me. I don't make connections or friends easily because people find me weird because of my disability. I don't even make good connections in church, so I am not expecting to make any friends when I go to church. I just want to go there to listen to a sermon, and be encouraged, and then leave as quickly as possible. I hate the attention that I get when I show up in my scooter.

Could you pray for me?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟326,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Today I am finally going to church. I have social anxiety. And I get vertigo when I am outside. I have an extreme fear of wide open spaces. I do well when I am inside a building; but when I step outside, I get extremely dizzy.

I was able to buy myself a mobile scooter with a canopy, which closes me in when I use it. It works. In fact, I was able to go to McDonalds with that scooter; and I was even able to cross the street. The canopy makes me feel safe because it closes me inside the scooter. I don't know if you are able to understand what I mean. For example, when I am outside, I feel like I will fly into outer space. There is an open area where I feel exposed, and there is nothing to protect me from flying out into space. That is how it feels when I am outside. But the canopy has a top and I can close it because the door zips up. I had to take out loans in order for me to buy this scooter. And a family friend put it all together for me. Now, I can leave the house. I did leave the house with the help of other people, for I am a full time college student, but I couldn't do it myself. They would pick up at the door, and I could walk short distances with a walker to the bus. Then they would drop me off in front of the door. But now I am able to travel with my scooter with the canopy.

I am extremely nervous about going to church. It is extremely easy to notice me when I show up at places with my scooter. I feel that everyone is judging me. I don't make connections or friends easily because people find me weird because of my disability. I don't even make good connections in church, so I am not expecting to make any friends when I go to church. I just want to go there to listen to a sermon, and be encouraged, and then leave as quickly as possible. I hate the attention that I get when I show up in my scooter.

Could you pray for me?

The progress you are making is encouraging. For someone who has a phobia of the outdoors to find a canopy for a scooter in order to get out is impressive. I don't know that many people would have thought of that. :)

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Could you pray for me?

Praying for you introverted1293. In a way, we all have our scooters with canopies to ride. May God bless you in church today, and make you a blessing to the others there too.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The progress you are making is encouraging. For someone who has a phobia of the outdoors to find a canopy for a scooter in order to get out is impressive. I don't know that many people would have thought of that. :)

Lord have mercy.

Thank you very much. God bless

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you introverted1293. In a way, we all have our scooters with canopies to ride. May God bless you in church today, and make you a blessing to the others there too.

Thank you very much. God bless

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,091,082.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, my first prayer is that you will research McDonald's and what they put into their foods, like excitotoxins, and from what I hear, something like formalydehyde in their fries, etc. It ain't health food!

I have seen quite a few people on this website, over the years, bemoaning the fact that they don't feel people at Church really care about them and sometimes complaining of really bad treatment, even from the Pastors on occasion.

So, it's not just you and your scooter! If people are unkind to you, hey, they have revealed themselves as people you don't really want any close relationships with, so that can be a plus. Just because people go to Church that no way necessarily means they are Christians! Many, many go to Church for social reasons, to make business contacts, because they think that Church going makes them Christians, and some go even as a front so people are less likely to suspect what they are really like.

Of course some are for real, but we all need discernment.

I pray you will have good fellowship wherever the Lord leads you.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Congratulations! That sounds like a great solution. Maybe as you get out more you will gradually get better with this fear and someday not even need a canopy any longer.

Just ignore people who think it's weird. They obviously don't understand your fear and that this is a huge accomplishment. Anyway, it kind of sounds like a fun way to travel. I know of two men in two different communities who drive a lawn tractors to the store with a little wagon for groceries. It's kind of unusual, but I actually have to admire people who find ways to overcome their disabilities and still get their chores done with minimal assistance.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hey, my first prayer is that you will research McDonald's and what they put into their foods, like excitotoxins, and from what I hear, something like formalydehyde in their fries, etc. It ain't health food!

I have seen quite a few people on this website, over the years, bemoaning the fact that they don't feel people at Church really care about them and sometimes complaining of really bad treatment, even from the Pastors on occasion.

So, it's not just you and your scooter! If people are unkind to you, hey, they have revealed themselves as people you don't really want any close relationships with, so that can be a plus. Just because people go to Church that no way necessarily means they are Christians! Many, many go to Church for social reasons, to make business contacts, because they think that Church going makes them Christians, and some go even as a front so people are less likely to suspect what they are really like.

Of course some are for real, but we all need discernment.

I pray you will have good fellowship wherever the Lord leads you.

Thank you very much. And you are probably right about McDonalds. And thank you for the other encouragements and prayers. God bless

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Congratulations! That sounds like a great solution. Maybe as you get out more you will gradually get better with this fear and someday not even need a canopy any longer.

Just ignore people who think it's weird. They obviously don't understand your fear and that this is a huge accomplishment. Anyway, it kind of sounds like a fun way to travel. I know of two men in two different communities who drive a lawn tractors to the store with a little wagon for groceries. It's kind of unusual, but I actually have to admire people who find ways to overcome their disabilities and still get their chores done with minimal assistance.

Thank you very much. God bless you.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Could you pray for me?
Praying Bro! Hope it went well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you and God bless. I am at church right now.

Glad you overcame, it's uncomfortable but always a blessing when we go out of our comfort zones in faith. Thank God and in the Lord's name continue his blessing to you!

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Glad you overcame, it's uncomfortable but always a blessing when we go out of our comfort zones in faith. Thank God and in the Lord's name continue his blessing to you!

Thank you and God bless.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟688,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How did church go?

It went really well. I am encouraged. I know that the death of Jesus is the simple gospel, but it was still something I needed to hear. Thank you very much for asking.

Upvote 0