✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Servant68,

He was always insulting and verbally abusive. He was a very rude man and very critical, and nothing was ever good enough. And in my family it is common for the women to go grey early. There is nothing inherently unhealthy about going grey early. There are some health problems that it can be linked to, but that is rare. He knew this. He was not concerned. He was hateful and rude. I had talked with him about my grandmother not coloring her hair, and I didn't want to either. I only responded to him in the way he treated me all the time.

I did eventually start coloring my hair to please him. It didn't make a difference. He was still neglectful and abusive. And you know what? He never did anything for his appearance or health for me. Ever. I'm done coloring my hair. I'm not changing my appearance to please a man.

The simple fact that he was going bald and doing nothing about it, but felt I needed to color my grey shows his double standards and unreasonable demands. And the thing is, it didn't bother me that he was going bald, which had began before we married. It was just the sheer offensiveness of what he said, while not considering if he needed to adjust his own appearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Good to hear that you weren't the jerk in that relationship. Seems like there are quite a bit of guys like that out there.

Women can be just as cruel. I often worry about my sons being mistreated by women. There is very little sympathy in our society for men who are verbally abused, or abused in any kind of way.

Upvote 0